Legend of the Grey Wolf

The last of a vanishing breed.

“You smell like other men.” Demetri growled at me, his head in the crook of my neck. Everyone else just looked genuinely curious.

“I told you, I ran into a couple male wolves.” Demetri growled at he smelled my blood and glanced at my bite mark on my thigh.

“I can see that.” He grumbled. He leaned down and licked my thigh over the bite. Part of me gagged because gross, but part of me was thankful because only an alpha can heal fast, and heal others. Soon my bite was gone.

A twig snapping in the woods grabbed all of our attention as we turned to see the two men from earlier come walking out of the woods. Aime was the first to realize who they were and drop her head in respect. Henry tucked Aime behind him and bowed slightly. It was only Demetri and I who didn’t.

“Nice to see you again Alpha Demetri, Belle.” He said happily. Demetri growled when he said my name, causing me to just roll my eyes. Justin was with him, staring at me with longing eyes.

“What do you want Alpha Caine?” Demetri said tucking me behind him. If he wasn’t so strong I would fight back but I knew it was pointless.

“See, I need Belle and Belle’s sister so she can mate with Justin and everything can be fine.” I felt Demetri’s claws grow as they dug into my skin. I shifted uncomfortably against him but it was no use I could already smell the fresh blood.

“She is mine!” Demetri growled. I shook my head.

“Jesus christ Demetri I’m not yours get that through your head!” I snapped at him. All the heads that had been previously bowed peeked up as if to watch to spectacle.

I don’t know how it happened. One minute I felt so weak that I didn’t even bother fighting against him and the next he was flying across the woods until he hit a tree. My claws were digging into my palms as I fought back my wolf. I had only felt like this one other time and Beau calmed me down.

“Aime.” I said through clenched teeth and I clawed the side of my face.

“Shit.” She muttered as she ran up and started rubbing my back soothingly. “Its okay Belle.” She was just about as horrible at comforting as I was.

“Whats wrong with her?” I heard Demetri’s voice and felt a deep growl rumble my body. It was as if I wasn’t in control.

“Stay back Demetri. Last time she was like this it was because of me and she can be scary.” Demetri scoffed.

“Shes an angel and I’m an alpha, she couldn’t possibly-” I couldn’t hold myself back any longer. My body broke in pain as I shifted and lunged at his throat.

A huge force hit my side as I went flying backwards. When I hit the ground, a heavy force fell on top of me. I glanced up to see the curious eyes of Alpha Caine. He hadn’t completely shifted. I let out a groan of pain and my strength was gone.

“Damn, are you single.” Everyone turned their heads towards Aime as she turned red and smirked shrugging. “Just saying, like damn. Last time she was like this it took my dad, our mom, me, and my brother Gris to hold her down while Beau calmed her down. You were just like smack be quiet” I squirmed out from under him and went to my tent, shifting back to myself and slipping on some clothing.

When I walked back out I could hear the hushed voices talking about me and blushed. While Brent, Kale, and Justin were talking about how amazing I was, Kelly was bitching to nobody in particular about what a freak I was while Caine and Demetri just stared at one another, each letting out a growl here and there.

“I’m not apologizing, you deserved to get bit.” I started waving my finger in Demetri’s face causing him to break his intense stare down and smile amused at me. “And you!” When I turned my attention to Caine, Demetri started looking real annoyed. “You shouldn’t have stopped me. He needed to get put in his place and I can already feel the huge bruise on my back growing so next time leave me to my own business.” Caine looked amused.

“So earlier when I had you pinned down were you playing me?” Aime cut in.

“Are you kidding me? Even I can pin her down and I am four years younger! Shes a weakling!” I glared at nothing in particular. Way to be subtle Aime.

“Aime, she obviously isn’t a weakling if she can throw an alpha half way across a forest.” I glanced at Henry who had spoken, his voice was deep. His words were actually kind. I nodded respectfully at him, as my way of thanking him but he just glared.

“She rarely gets these bursts of strength. Probably because of the curse.” Aime shrugged. Caine looked at me and then back to Aime.

“What curse are we talking about here.” Everyone, even Kelly was glaring at Aime as a signal for her to shut up but she didn’t catch it.

“Oh, all the unmated wolves think she is their mate. Were actually going to a witch to fix her.” Kelly rolled her eyes, clearly annoyed that she didn’t know how. Caine tilted his head to the side and stared at me.

“I thought when you said you were cursed it was a metaphor or something, but you are actually cursed.” He paused and smiled a bit. “Is that why you got Demetri, a guy you are obviously not interested in so whipped for you?” I scoffed.

“Excuse me, maybe its because I’m beautiful.” He rolled his eyes.

“As if.” My jaw practically dropped. I had never had someone be so blatantly rude to me! (okay, maybe at a few bars but thats not the point)

“Excuse you.” He turned to Demetri.

“I would like to assist you.” Demetri tilted his head to the side.

“Why?” Caine shrugged.

“She doesn’t feel my alpha power, I don’t feel her allure. Call me curious.”

“Curiosity killed the cat.” I muttered to myself. Nobody was really listening, except for Kale who covered his mouth to keep from laughing. When Enrique gave him a curious look he leaned over and whispered something in his ear, no doubt repeating my statement and enrique got a dumb smile on his face.

“Justin is not coming.” Justin whimpered, my heart stung when he did. “I had picked these men because they are mated and I trust them. You can bring one trusted male that is mated, you need to get your own ride and supplies.” I groaned and threw my head in my hands.

Caine is not coming.