Status: Done.

Webbed Truths

Valar Morghulis, Valar Doeharis

The chambers were lit with what seemed like hundreds of candles, flickering in the breeze and casting dancing shadows on the walls. The air was filled with an incense, the scent of which Arya had once smelt across the Narrow Sea, in the free cities - but which one, she could not remember.
A collection of books and maps were laid out on the desk, next to the bed. He weave's his webs all night it seems.

The door opened softly, and a large spider crawled in, unalarmed and unafarid. The spider extended his hand, allowing for a handshake it seemed, but the plesantries would have to be forgotten tonight.

"Lord Varys, strange how I should find my way back to you after all these years", Arya mused, smiling slightly and releasing her hand from the pommel of Needle - she didn't even realise she had been holding it, ready to draw blade at any minute. It was another of the habits she had formed over the years.

Lord Varys smiled in turn, bringing his hand back to his side, drawing it up into his large sleeve, and producing a coin of much value. Arya slipped her hand into her shirt and withdrew her own.

"I was surprised to hear that the one person in the realm I could not find was under my nose the entire time...", Varys remarked, putting his coin back up his sleeve. Arya followed suit and tucked hers away in her shirt again.

"I was not in King's Landing for very long", She replied, allowing herself a small glimpse at an open map on the spiders desk. Winterfell was not far from here - she had only walk down the Kingsroad and return home. But that would acheive nothing, You are no one, Remember that.

"Indeed, that is true My Lady, However, I have eyes everywhere, especially over the Narrow Sea, and especially where you were hiding...", He trailed off, looking her directly in the eye.

"You did not find me, because I was not hiding. You cannot uncover that which has been in plain sight, you can only pass over it, and continue looking", She answered, holding his gaze. Varys smirked and sighed.

"Ah my child, they have taught you so well these last few years, and yet you have still much to learn, they taught me well too"

Arya had known Varys was from the Free Cities, she did not know however, that he was a Faceless Man. She was shocked, but they had taught her long ago to rid herself of emotion's, to be a void. Much like a tome whose ink had been smudged beyond reason.

"I need you to aid me, with the matter the master had sent forth, are you willing?", She questioned.

"The matter of killing King Joffrey? Oh yes I am more than willing to aid you sweet girl. But first tell me, Do you blame me for your father's head being removed?"

The question threw Arya off. It had been years since she even thought or remembered that day, and what occurred on it. She found herself on the verge of tears - but they stayed. She looked into his eyes and stared for a moment, reading what little she could from a spiders eyes.

"No.", She replied. "I understand now. Valar Dohaeris."

Varys nodded and replied, "All men must serve..."

Arya Continued, "Valar Morghulis"

The spider smiled, "All men must die...even our beloved Joffrey..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Whatcha Think? Not my best work - I was having trouble figuring out banter for them :S