Status: Updating every chance I get

Different People

Warped Tour

Days and weeks flew by after that night. Rooney called her assistant and everything in her schedule was either canceled or postponed. Thankfully, she wasn't signed on for a new movie during that time or she would have been screwed. Offers were sent to her but she turned them all down. Even if she liked the script. Austin was just more important.

Many suitcases, bags, and music experiment filled Rooney's foyer. The bus was suppose to pull up any minute. Loud chatter could be heard throughout the house. Mostly everyone was joined around the kitchen, eating all of Rooney's food. She didn't care. It would go to waste if they didn't eat it now. Courtney wasn't coming with, but she was going to house sit since she preferred Rooney's over her townhouse in L.A. Anyone would. Courtney had too much work to do and couldn't get a lot of time off. But she was going to come out for a week mid-July.

First stop was Salt Lake City, Utah. Around 3 o'clock, the bus came over and every chipped in with get all their belonging packed on the bus. Rooney had her own bunk right beneath Austin but they knew she wasn't really going to use it. She tossed her purse and small bag with all her necessities in the bunk, then went back out to do a final search of the house to make sure no one forgot anything. Once everything was cleared, Rooney said goodbye to her kitties and housekeeper. It took over ten hours to get there, with traffic. By the time they reached their destination, majority were passed out in their bunks. Since tomorrow was the kick off for the tour, they all wanted a good nights rest before the crazy nights and sleepless days began.

The next day, Of Mice & Men were the opening band for the first day or Warped Tour. Rooney stood side stage watching them play their hearts out. This was a whole new experience for her. Warped Tour was like anything she had ever been to before. The entire arena was flooded with people of all ages. Tents were set up in each direction. Band members and their crew walked around aimlessly, watching bands and meeting with fans. It was actually refreshing for Rooney to see. These people actually cared about their fans. They took the time to come out in the blistering heat to hang out and talk to them. There was nothing else in the world quite like this event.

Three weeks later, they were in Detroit, MI. It was another obnoxiously hot day, like usual, and Rooney decided she wasn't leaving the bus. After experiencing the heat in Las Vegas, Phoenix, and all throughout Texas, she was calling Detroit her day to hide away. Fans caught wind of her being out on the tour the day after they played Salt Lake City. The news spread quickly, so most of the kids showing up to these kept an eye out for her. Most of them were kind. Rooney also took the time to meet them. She took pictures, sighed various items, and chatted with each and every person who approached her. Of course though, there were those who were just down right rude. Some of the more "crazy" Of Mice & Men fans would scream nasty things at her if they saw her through the fence, or side stage watching a band play. At first it bothered her a bit, but after the first week of hearing it, she was over it. Alan and Mike Fuenetes were the most helpful in that department. They reminded her that those girls were only jealous and purposely trying to bring her down. Mike even said that the girls were just pissed off because they wanted to be on the same side of the fence as Rooney with an all access pass like her. It all made sense.

Of Mice & Men was closing Michigan. Rooney decided to venture out during that time with Mike and watch them play. The sun had already started going down which cooled down the summer heat. Some people had already left due to long drives home or just not wanting to see Of Mice & Men. The crowd was still packed as they patiently waited for them to come on stage. Mike and Rooney stood off to the side near and amp chatting when a girl passing by ruined the calm mood that was set backstage.

"Whore." She mumbled as she passed by the two.

"Excuse me? Did you fucking say something?" Mike asked, turning around to face her. She stopped walking and looked right back at him.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Her voice was snotty and you could just tell by the way she looked that she was a real bitch.

"Really? Because you just called my friend a whore."

"Truth hurts."

"You don't even know her." Mike argued.

"Mike, just let it be." Rooney begged him. This wasn't the first time he yelled at some girl for being disrespectful to her.

"No." He responded, then looked back at the girl. "You don't even know her so why don't you take your cheap clothes and tacky make-up and get the fuck off my stage. Who did you fuck to get back here anyways?"

"Her boyfriend." She smirked, nodding towards Rooney.

"Real cute considering she doesn't have one. Now get the fuck out of my sight before I have you removed from the venue." All the girl did was roll her eyes then she was on her way.

"You know, you don't have to do that every time someone says something to me. I'm used to it now."

"Someone needs too. Austin won't ever stand up for you like that because he's scared of hurting someones feelings."

"Well, thank you. I genuinely appreciate it." She smiled up at him. "Where is your brother? He said he was meeting us over here like twenty minutes ago."

"There's no telling. He most than likely got his little self lost. Text him. I forgot my phone on the bus." Rooney pulled her iPhone of her shorts pocket and began to type away a message when Vic finally showed his face. "You took ages to get here. I was just about to send you mean message."

"Stop making fun of my height guys." Vic grumbled. It was too easy to do though. Both Mike and Rooney stood inches taller than him.

"Sorry sweetie." Rooney pinched his cheek like a mom would to her son than her and Mike laughed. Austin came rushing over to her with the rest of Of Mice & Men, gave her a quick kiss than ran to the stage. The crowd erupted in screams, nearly drowning out the sound of the music. After a few minutes, the screaming commenced and the show began. They played a longer set than normal since they were given some extra time. As long as they were done by 9, it was okay. The crowd really loved it too. When they played their final song, Second and Sebring, Austin lunged himself into the crowd, like he did for every show. Sometimes it really worried Rooney when he did that because of how insane people can get, especially young girls. But she always reassured herself that he was a big boy and could take care of himself in that situation. Even if he came back shirtless 75% of the time. The fans just had a thing for ripping and tearing at his clothing. It was weird.

Friday, June 20th, in Camden, New Jersey, Courtney finally joined them out on tour. Rooney screamed in excitement when she picked her up at the airport. "I missed you, bitch!" Courtney shouted. "How's Austin?" She asked, once they got back inside the rented car. It was the only way they could pick her up. By they, I mean, Rooney, Mike, and Tony. She had become close to the guys from Pierce The Veil.

"Austin is fine." Rooney smiled as she thought about him.

"Girl, you got it so bad."

"Shut up." She turned in her seat to look at her friend who sat in the back with Tony as Mike drove.

"Seriously. You're blushing right now just by talking about him. Why hasn't he asked you be his girlfriend yet?"

"I don't know. I feel like that's just so old fashion. I don't wanna be asked. Him and I know where we stand with each other and we like it the way it is. Why put a label on it and potentially ruin that?"

"Uhh, in case some hoe tries to hit on him. You can be like, "step off bitch, that's my boyfriend." Then smack her."

"Yeah, like that would ever happen."

"Girls hit on Austin all the time. Everyday." Mike spoke up.

"I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about the smacking part."

"Well, doesn't that bother you?" Tony asked.

"No. I trust him."

"Wow." Mike mumbled softly, trying to keep his full focus on the road.

"Wow, what?"

"You really don..-" He was cut off by Courtney kicking the back of the leather rental seat.

"Uh, I'm fucking driving, Court."

"Then pay attention to the road and stop running your mouth up there." Rooney was beyond confused at that point and almost annoyed at her friends. They knew something she didn't and Rooney hated when people kept things from her.

"What the hell are you guys talking about?" Tony remained silent, looking out the car window. Courtney was deep in thought trying to think of a way to change the subject. Mike was about to explode, holding back his words. "Hello? Did you guys all go deaf? I asked a fucking question."

"I'm really hungry. Let's stop..-" Mike cut Courtney off, wanting to get down to the bottom of this.

"Look Roo, when Austin got divorced, some things...-"

"Woah wait, what? Austin was married?!" Rooney shot a look at Courtney that told her she was not happy, at all. This was something her best friend should have told her before getting her involved with this man's life. "Please continue, Mike. I wanna hear everything."

Mike didn't know why he sold out his own friend. It wasn't because he had feelings for Rooney. Nothing of the sort. She was simply a friend and just didn't think of her that way. He would admit to anyone that he did find her extremely attractive, but almost every guy did. Rooney listened and soaked in every word he said. Whether is was the truth or a rumor, she heard it all. Austin wasn't really the guy she thought he was. "Just Google it or something." Was the last thing Mike said before they got out of the car.

Of Mice & Men were playing in ten minutes when they arrived back at the venue but Rooney decided to skip it for the first time during Warped. She went straight for the bus and grabbed her computer off Austin's bunk then snuck to the back lounge, shutting the door behind her. When she typed in Austin name, truth to Mike's words were found. It seemed like tons of people hated Austin. There was no telling is anything they said about him was real though. It would always a two sided story. Someone could say one thing and Austin could say another. This entire thing quickly became a mess.

Even though she hated labels and didn't really like to be called someone's "girlfriend", she was going to ask Austin about the matter first thing when she saw him. Why didn't he ask her if they wanted to be in a official relationship? If he liked her so much, what was the problem?

A slight frown was clear on Austin's face when he got off stage. He spotted Courtney but no Rooney. At first he thought she was running late, but after she never showed, he knew something was up. "Where is Rooney?" He asked once he was out of the crowd and backstage.

"Uh, I think she's on your bus, and she might a little upset." Courtney answered him as they began to walk towards the buses.

"What happened?"

"She kinda heard a few things about you."

"Like what?"

"Like you were married, got kicked out of your last band, almost got kicked out of Of Mice & Men, a lot of people hate you. Shit like that."

"Well that's just great." He sighed.

"What the hell, Austin? I didn't tell her any of those things because I figured you would. Now she's mad at me for not telling her."

"Sorry. I just didn't think it was important. It was a long fucking time ago."

"Just because it was a long time ago, doesn't mean it still isn't going to be relevant today, dumb ass. You should have told her shit like that. Don't you realize who she is? Shit like that could be bad for her image. If you're going to be in her life like you are, everything you do will effect her as well. That's how shit works in Hollywood."

"I don't care about any of that crap though!"

"She does. It's important to her. She can't handle people talking badly of her. Why do you think she tries to be so fucking perfect all the damn time? When you were in Chicago, she called me crying because of the way your fucking psycho fans are treating her! Do you not understand her at all?"

"Clearly I don't." He sighed once more, calming down. He hadn't realized how coming out on this tour with him would damage her. "I am gonna go talk to her."

"Alright. I'm gonna go get food. Bye." It was crazy how Courtney could go from wild and defensive one minute and completely caviler the next. As if Rooney slipped her mind, she went on a hunt for the catering tent. Austin went straight to his bus and prepared himself for the conversation he was dreading.

"Roo." He called out. Typically when she was on the bus, she was in the back, with the door closed, it proved to be where she was. Opened doors annoyed her when she was in the room. He quickly cleaned himself up and changed into some new clothes after playing. When he opened the door, he found her laying on the couch, curled up with a blanket, watching a movie.

"Hey." She spoke, sitting up, and making some room for Austin. He sat beside her and she threw half of the blanket over him as she crawled up into him.

He sighed again, "Courtney told me about what happened. Even about Chicago."

"I told her not to tell you about that. It's not a big deal."

"It is. I don't want to be the cause of you hurting."

"But your not."

"I wasn't very honest with you and I understand that my fans can be a little unruly. I didn't fully think it through when I asked you to join me out here. All I thought about was you being with me, and that was selfish on my part. I wasn't seeing the big picture, and I didn't tell you about my past because in a way, I was ashamed."

"Austin, I don't want you to ever feel ashamed or embarrassed to tell me something. I want you to tell me everything about your life. Good, bad, past, future, I wanna hear it all. About your fans, I'm over it. I was just overwhelmed that day and just had a weak moment. It had nothing to do with you. You can't control what other people say about me. I'm just understand a lot of work pressure and the things your "fans" were saying about me was just the icing on the cake."

"I just feel like a huge asshole now. All this could have been avoided."

"It's over with. I'm over it. I was mad at you first for not being honest with me, but I laid down and calmed myself, thinking rationally. It's fine, Austin."

"Do you wanna go home?"

"Not unless you're coming with me." Austin smiled. He was fearing her answer to his question, but she completely turned it around. They settled onto the couch and continued to watch the movie.

"I know you hate labels and things like that, but I'm telling everyone you're my girlfriend from now on." Rooney let out a soft giggle. He didn't ask her, he told her. It was just what she wanted. "I'll do it right now....." Austin pulled out his phone, took a picture of their sock covered feet that peaked out of the blanket and posted it to Instagram with the description reading, 'with my girlfriend'. Then tagged her in the picture.

"You're such a weirdo." She laughed. It was the perfect ending for a potentially terrible day.
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback please (: