Status: Lyrics credited to: Circle by Flyleaf

To Live Again

His Living Legacies

When she walked into Seventh Heaven the girl glanced around at the empty tavern but shrugged it off when she came up empty-handed. She waltzed up casually to the bar and with one swift movement she jumped over the counter and landed lightly on the opposite side of the bar.

She stooped down and slid a cabinet door open to find what she was searching for and placed it carefully on the counter top before turning to the beer nozzle and pulling the trigger, letting her favourite beer pour into the recently placed glass mug. When it reached the top the girl stopped and put the nozzle back where it belonged.

A small smile surfaced on her lips as she took a small sip, it wasn’t every day that the bar was closed on an early afternoon but the dark headed female guessed that Tifa had gone out. There had probably been a closed sign on the door but she hadn’t been paying attention.

The door jingles as someone stepped instead, “Hikari! What have I told you about taking drinks from the bar without asking?” A stern voice broke the peaceful silence and the dark headed girl turned to face her friend.

“Hehe, sorry Tifa! Couldn’t help myself,” Hikari stated, giving the other woman a sheepish grin while Tifa shook her head slowly in response.

“Everyone will be back soon, even Cloud is on his way,” Tifa murmured with a sad smile and Hikari nodded her head, she manoeuvred herself around the bar and took a seat on the stool, closest to end of the bar.

It seemed like a long time before everyone started showing up and then eventually Cloud turned up as well and he took a seat beside Hikari, nodding his head in acknowledgement of her presence as they sat in silence for a while.

It was Hikari that finally broke the peace, “It’s time we started living again, don’t you think Cloud?” She turned her eyes on him, soaking up his shocked features before turning away from him again.

After all, it’d been three years since Zack’s death, there was no excuses for moping around anymore, they were his living legacy and so far they weren’t doing a good job at living. It was time to change.