Forever Ends Too Soon

Forever Is Here

Laura’s POV:
“I’m getting married!” I yell and spin around.
“Calm down, I am trying to do your hair.” Jennifer complains.
“Sorry, I’m just so excited.”
“Yeah, we can tell.” Marcella rolls her eyes and tries to finish my makeup. “If you don’t stop moving, you’re going to have lines all over your face.”
“Okay, I’m good.” I say and sit still. I jump up when my mom and Mrs. Porter walk in the room.
“I am so happy for you.” Mom says.
“Girl, you better get back here!” Marcella yells.
“Get ready.” Mrs. Porter tells me.
“Last chance, Laurie.” Jennifer tells me. I sit in the chair again and relax. They finish getting me ready and I slip into my dress. Dad comes to walk me down the aisle and I can’t believe forever is here.
“Zach, I never thought I would fall in love again, until I met you. I didn’t want to fall for you, but it was hard not to. You taught me how to open up again and what it feels like to be happy when you’ve been in a low point for so long. I love you, Zach, so much.”
“Laurie, I’ve dated many girls, but none of them have been you. You are the one girl I want and you make me happy. I promised you I would never leave you and I meant it. I am going to try so hard to keep that promise.” We say ‘I do’ and he kisses me.
“We just got married.” I say as we walk outside.
“Yes we did.” Zach smiles and I look at the ring.
“I’m a wife.”
“And I’m a husband. Laurie, are you okay?” He asks, laughing.
“Yeah, I am. This is great, Zach.” I tell him. He takes my hand and leads me to the limo.
“Ready for the reception?” He asks me.
“I am, but I’m ready for after the reception.” I tell him and he smiles.
“You can sleep on the way over.” He tells me. I lean on him and fall asleep sooner than I thought I would. It’s only a fifteen minutes drive.
“Dang, we’re here.” I say when Zach wakes me up.
“Tonight is almost over.” He tells me.
“I don’t want it to be.”
“Neither do I, but we have forever now.”
“And I couldn’t be happier about that.” He opens the door for me and we walk into the building. We are walking in as the new Mr. and Mrs. Porter.
“Hey, there you are.” Marcella says and rushes us inside.
“Everyone is starving.” Jennifer tells me.
“We’re five minutes late.” I laugh and then I see Michael starting to grab a plate.
“Oh, hey.” He says when I walk over.
“Don’t you know the bride and groom eat first?” I ask him and he drops the plate, then picks it up and hands it to me.
“I was getting it for you.” He says and I laugh.
“Liar. See you on tour, by the way.” I say and he looks at me.
“What?” He asks and I laugh. Zach and I get our food so everyone else can eat.
“Time for the first dance!” Jennifer yells about an hour later.
“Do you like it?” Zach asks.
“It Goes Like This by Thomas Rhett. Zach, it’s perfect.” He kisses me, finishing this amazing night.