‹ Prequel: Long Gone
Sequel: My Darling
Status: Enjoy. Ehehehehe

Hate Me

Thunder Storm

Shadows dance on the walls around the room as a candle burns on a nightstand. It’s late at night and outside it is raining. Tucked away in bed, Cora sits with her back flat against the headboard and a book in her hands. She reads quietly to herself with her knees bent sideways and her feet tucked underneath her butt. Lighting fills the room with a silver glow and soon after thunder cracks the sky, shaking the trees outside of Cora’s window as well as making Cora jump. Taking her eyes off of her book, Cora looks towards the window; she wishes for the storm to be over already.

A shrill cry breaks the silence and Cora frowns. “Xaven,” she whispers and sets her book down. Getting out of bed, Cora rushes out of her room and heads to the room only a door down the hall from hers. Pushing the door open, Cora is greeted by another scream as more thunder fills the air.

Shaking her head, Cora walks farther into the room, “Cora!” Cora smiles warmly at the small child standing before her in the crib. Reaching down, Cora picks the child up in her arms and the child instantly wraps their little arms around Cora’s neck tightly.

“Hush now,” Cora coos rubbing the toddlers back as she rocks from side to side. Tears wet Cora’s bare shoulder as the toddler continues to cry and Cora leaves the room, knowing that the child won’t sleep in the crib. Walking to her room, Cora whispers soothing words and she smiles at one of her servants that has come up the steps.

“Would you like me to take her?” the servant asks and Cora shakes her head.

“I have her Elli, thank you,” Cora says and Elli bows before she disappears back to her room on the first floor. Cora walks into her room and shuts the door with her foot, “Come on Xaven its okay,” Cora mummers into the little girl’s ear as she smooths down her unruly hair. Crawling into bed, Cora lays down on her side and holds Xaven close. Taking a short breath, Cora sings softly while she rubs Xaven’s back. Lighting fills the room and soon after thunder rattles the windows. Xaven whimpers, but no longer screams.

“Lay down, my dove,” Cora mummers and she pull Xaven’s arms from around her neck. Xaven’s lower lip trembles, but she lays down beside Cora without a word. Cora pulls the covers over their bodies and brushes Xaven’s hair out of her face, “Nothing will hurt you,” Cora promises and wipes the tears from Xaven’s face.

“Want Daddy,” Xaven cries and Cora sighs.

“I know…” Cora bites her lip not knowing what to tell the little girl in front of her. “Daddy will be back soon and he’ll take you home.” Xaven yawns and rubs her eyes with her fist making Cora smile. “You have your mother’s eyes,” Cora mutters to herself and Xaven stares at Cora, her large hazel eyes sparkling from her tears. Leaning down Cora presses her lips to Xaven’s cheek and pulls away, “Sleep, my dove,” Cora whispers and she watches as Xaven fights to keep her eyes open. She loses quickly and Cora chuckles, “So much like your mother.” Cora watches Xaven as she sleeps and her mind races as she thinks over the last three years of her life.

Loki’s death had a ripple effect on everyone and it surprised Cora, she didn’t expect for a lot of things to happen. About three months after Loki’s death, Lady Sif told Thor how she felt about him and they were married a year later. That same year, Thor announced that Lady Sif was carrying his heir. Odin and Frigga were over joyed, the whole kingdom was and when little Xaven was born it seemed that all the nine realms came to see her and pay their respects. The Warrior’s Three split up and went back to their homelands because there was no need for them, the realms were at peace; there was no war in sight. Odin was still King, but he ruled differently, he…cared a little more and Frigga, she spent more time in the streets with her people.

For Cora, she left the palace six months after Loki’s death and moved into her home. Odin let her keep Archer and Frigga sent a carriage filled with some of Loki’s things, along with a letter stating that Cora would always have a room in the palace. She gave up on swords, instead she invested her time in magic (thanks to Loki’s books), clothing and Archer. Everyone’s lives moved on with time. Thor and Sif were proud parents, Volstagg got married, Hogun got himself a girlfriend and Fandral was courting someone. Everyone had someone, but not Cora. She was lonely at times, but with Archer she was never truly alone.

Everything seemed to be going great, but nothing last forever. A week before Xaven’s first birthday, Asgard was asked to lend a hand in a war between two of the realms. The Warrior’s Three were back and Thor was ready for battle, but so was Sif. Thor tried to talk her out of it, but nothing he said changed her mind. Sif and Thor dropped Xaven off at Cora’s and went to battle. They returned a week later and on the same night of their return the kingdom held a funeral for a Princess and all the warriors who didn’t come back alive. Lady Sif died in battle and she left Thor behind with no clue how to raise a little girl.

The months after were hard, but Cora stood by Thor’s side and helped him. She refused to let him push his daughter was because he was in pain. For a while he wanted nothing to do with Xaven because she had Sif’s eyes, but he soon got over it when Cora pointed out he was throwing away the last bit of Sif he had left. After that Thor was there for Xaven every day even if it was only for an hour or two between meetings and trips between realms.
Shaking her head, Cora sighs, pushing her memories and thoughts to the back of her mind. Looking beside her Cora smiles seeing that Xaven is sound asleep. Turn slightly, Cora leans over and blows out the candle before she wraps an arm around Xaven, “Come back home Thor…” Cora sighs and closes her eyes, letting sleep wash over her.
♠ ♠ ♠
About three months after Loki’s death, Lady Sif told Thor how she felt about him and they were married a year later.
Image

Family Tree
Xaven Thordottir
Cora and Xaven's nightgowns

Comment. Subscribe. Recommend.