‹ Prequel: Long Gone
Sequel: My Darling
Status: Enjoy. Ehehehehe

Hate Me

Bifrost

“Xaven wait!” Cora calls out as she chases after the little girl. “Xaven!” Cora’s voice is desperate as the little girl runs towards the Throne room in search of her father. “Xaven!” Cora pushes herself to run faster, cursing the long dress she has on, she had not planned to do any running today. The sound of the Throne room doors opening fills the hall and Xaven’s heart drops. “Damn,” she sighs and rushes into the room.

“Gran!” Xaven’s voice echos throughout the room and Cora gulps seeing Odin’s narrow his eyes at her as Xaven darts pass all the guards. Xaven runs right up to Odin and wraps her arms around his legs, “Up!” she giggles and Frgga is quick to pull Xaven away from Odin and into her arms. Xaven shakes her head and in doing so she spots a man she has never seen before. She stares at him with her wide hazel eyes and he stares back at her with curious green eyes.

Frigga motions to Cora with her hands and Cora is quick to pass the guards, keeping her head down. Cora reaches out and takes Xaven from Frigga, placing the little girl on her hip. “Cora?” His voice is smooth and filled with disbelief and Cora’s body tenses. Slowly Cora turns around and faces the man who she tried so desperately to avoid.

“Hello, my Prince,” Cora greets with a light bow.

Nine Days Earlier

Since Thor has returned with the news of Loki’s survival, Cora has not step foot outside of her home except to let some anger out with magic in the yard. Now, Cora sits at the desk in her fabric room, her mind focused on the piece of paper in front of her as she sketches a new design for a gown. A soft knock sounds at the door and Cora sighs, “Enter,” Cora calls out not taking her eyes off her work.

“Milady-”

“Leave us,” Thor’s voice is clear and strong making Cora close her eyes. The door shuts and Cora listens to Thor’s heavy breathing. “You left Archer at the palace.”

“I was in no mind to ride him back.”

“You left Xaven as well.”

“I thought it best for the two of you to spend time together before you left again,” Cora states slowly opening her eyes.

“She misses you.”

“…I need to be alone.”

“She has asked about you every day,” Thor states, his voice no longer casual and friendly.

“Thor-”

“She will not sleep without a story from you.”

Cora bites her lips, she was afraid he would say that. “Can you not bring her here?” Cora questions.

“Mother does not wish to let her go.”

“I have to go to the palace.” Cora turns around in her seat and Thor nods his head placing his hands behind his back.

“Xaven is not happy without you.” Cora shakes her head and stands up.

“I thought it below you to use your daughter as leverage over me,” Cora points out and Thor frowns, his eyes showing his remorse.

“I need you to keep her entertained while I am away. When I return, Loki will be with me…I do not wish for him to know of her,” Thor explains and Cora raises an eyebrow.

“Not ever?”

“Not if he cannot change. I will not put my daughter in harm’s way.”

“He is your brother!” Cora hisses and Thor shakes his head.

“As true as that is, he has killed innocent people and for that I will put nothing pass him.” Cora look away from Thor, feeling her eyes burn with tears. Loki has killed innocent people? She fears to know just how many… “I am leaving at dusk. I wish for you and Xaven to see me off,” Thor continues and Cora looks at Thor like he has lost his mind. “What is wrong?”

“She cannot see you off, Thor. She cries every time you leave, do you wish to case her more pain by watching her father be sucked into the Bifrost?” Thor’s lips press together in a thin line, Cora can see that he did not think about that.

“You are right…will you ride to the Rainbow bridge with me?” Cora nods her head and Thor sighs in relief. “I hope to return in less than fortnight.”

“How less?”

“A week at the most,” Thor answers and Cora sighs, but nods her head.

“Very well, I shall see to it that Xaven is entertained and kept safe,” Cora promises and Thor smiles.

“Thank you, my friend,” Thor says and pulls Cora into a tight hug. Cora hug Thor back and they let each other go. “I will see you at supper?” Cora nods her head and Thor grins. He bows and leaves slamming the door shut behind him. Cora sighs and runs a hand through her short hair, she really did not want to go back in the palace.

Nine Days Later…Early Morning

Giggling and laughter fills the early morning air as sunlight and a warm breeze sweep thought Cora’s chambers. In the wash room, Cora and Xaven sit in the tub having a water fight. Xaven has a crown of bubbles on top of her head and Cora laughs as the little girl piles more on. Their playful laughter is interrupted when a servant makes herself known. Looking up at the servant Cora smiles in greeting and the servant smiles back. “Milady, the Queen wishes for Princess Xaven to join her for breakfast,” the servant says and Cora nods her head.

“Inform the Queen that Xaven will be sent to her chambers within the next twenty minutes,” Cora orders lightly and the servant bows before she disappears. With a sigh Cora pushes her short hair from her face. “I guess play time is over,” Cora states and Xaven frowns, but washes off with Cora’s help nonetheless. Once Cora removes all the soap from Xaven’s body she gets out of the tub and lifts Xaven out as well setting the little girl on right hip. Cora grabs three towels and heads over to her bed. Cora sets Xaven down on the bed standing up and quickly dries her off with one towel while using the other on Xaven’s hair. Cora wraps the other towel around her body and she smiles at Xaven who starts to jump around on the bed.

“We play today?” Xaven questions and Cora smiles.

“You are going to play with Nana today,” Cora answers and Xaven smiles clapping her hands together. Cora leaves Xaven on the bed and she heads to the closet searching for the perfect dress for Xaven to wear today. Pulling out an all red dress that is frilly, silk and sheer, Cora smiles already knowing what shoes and earring to put on Xaven to match. Cora lays the dress on the bed and Xaven hurries over to it.

“Pretty!” Xaven giggles and Cora nods her head in agreement.

“Let’s get started on that hair of yours.” With a flick of her wrist, Cora makes a brush, comb, hair ties and a rope of pearls fly through the air. Xaven watches with wide eyes as the comb and brush start to pull lightly at her messy hair. She looks at Cora and Cora smiles seeing the happiness in Xaven’s eyes. While Xaven’s hair gets brushed out, Cora goes back to the closet and picks out a dress for herself to wear for the day. Cora lays it on the bed beside Xaven’s dress and she gets started on her own hair using no magic. Twirling her strands of hair around wooden rollers, Cora keeps them in and sits next to Xaven when the comb and brush fly back over onto the vanity. Grabbing the rope of pearls from the air, Cora spins her finger motioning for Xaven to turn around.

Xaven turn with her back to Cora and Cora easily starts to braid Xaven’s long hair into one single braid with the rope of pearls weaved through it. Using the hair ties, Cora keeps the braid from coming undone and she smiles moving off of the bed. “All done,” she says softly with a clap of her hands and Xaven turns around. She touches her head and giggles feeling the braid. “Arms up,” Cora orders and Xaven lifts her arms up waiting for Cora to put her dress on. Cora slips Xaven’s dress on over her head and she smooths it out, “Just like a Princess,” Cora smiles and Xaven giggles.

Xaven jumps off the bed and she shoves her feet into the golden flats that Cora had fly out of the closet. Cora puts ruby studs in Xaven’s ears and she grabs hold of Xaven’ hand leading her over to her vanity. Cora lifts Xaven’s up and sets her down in the chair so she can see herself in the mirror, “For you Princess,” Cora mummers and picks up the tiara that Xaven must wear while she is in the palace. Xaven grins, showing all of her teeth and she claps her hands not being able to stay still while Cora places the little crown on top of Xaven’s head. “All done,” Cora says and Xaven wraps her arms around Cora’s waist.

“Luve you Cora!” Xaven giggles and Cora hugs her back.

“I love you too, Xaven. Now let’s get going before Nana gets mad,” Cora says and she helps Xaven down from the chair. Xaven grabs hold of Cora’s hand and Cora gives it a light squeeze as she leads Xaven out of the bed chamber and into the main room. With just a towel around her body, Cora lets go of Xaven’s hand and opens the door just enough so the guards can see her face. “The Queen is expecting Princess Xaven for breakfast. Will you escort her please?” Cora questions and the guards nod their heads.

“You come too?” Xaven asks and Cora shakes her head.

“It’s just you and Nana today,” Cora tells Xaven and Xaven frowns. “You’ll have fun,” Cora promises and Xaven takes the guard’s hand. Cora nods her head at the guard and she watches them walk down the hall. She giggles hearing Xaven as she babbles on and on to the guard about who knows what. With a shake of her head, Cora shuts the door and she goes back to her bed chamber. Dropping the towel from her body, Cora walk over to her vanity and she grabs a vile of scented oil. She puts a little on her wrists and neck before she rubs lotion onto her skin. Cora sits at the vanity and does her makeup focusing on her eyes more so then her lips. Once she is done with her makeup, Cora slips two rings on to her left hand, the third already on her ring finger since she never takes it off; she puts on the rest of her jewelry.

Giving herself a once over in the vanity mirror, Cora stands and walks over to the bed. She looks at the dress she picked out and smiles softly, she made the dress herself and it’s one of her favorites. Picking the dress up, Cora beds over and steps into the dress, pulling it up her body. Slipping her arms through the straps, Cora rolls her shoulders back and fixes her breasts so that they are properly covered. Walking into the closet, Cora slips her feet into a pair of gold five inch heels and she straps up the ankles before she leaves the closet. She smooths out her dress and starts to pulls the wooden rollers from her hair. The curls bounce around on her head and Cora runs her fingers through them, making them stretch out and turn into soft waves with still a bit of curl to them that frame her face nicely.

Not feeling hungry, Cora decides to head to the gardens and take a walk with a book tucked away in her skirt just in case. Her heels click on the stone beneath her feet as Cora walks the halls. Turning the corner, Cora nearly crashes into Fandral, but she moves out of the way before they can crash into each other.

“Oh! Forgive me Lady Cora, I did not see you there,” Fandral says and Cora nodes her head with a smile.

“All is well, Fandral, no harm done. Where are you off too so early?” Cora asks and Fandral blushes. “Are you courting at this hour?” Cora questions and Fandral rubs the back of his neck searching for an answer. Cora grins and places her hand on Fandral’s forearm, “Lady Lucy is lucky to have such a man after her heart. I wish you all the best my friend,” Cora tells Fandral honestly and Fandral smiles.

“Thank you, Lady Cora. I hope you will find someone as well,” Fandral says and Cora keeps the smile on her face. Fandral bows deeply and hurries off in the opposite direction of Cora. Gathering her skirts in her hands Cora continues on with her trip to the gardens and when she gets there she walks along the path, enjoy the time alone. Since she has been at the palace, Cora has not had much alone time. Between Xaven, Odin, Frigga and the Warrior’s Three, Cora is not sure how she has yet to lose her mind. She cannot wait for Thor to return so he can spend his days with Xaven and Cora can relax in the rooms of her home once more.

At some point throughout the day, Xaven is returned to Cora’s care and Cora doesn’t mind. It is a little past noon, lunch was already eaten and now Xaven and Cora are in Cora’s chambers. Xaven is tucked under the blankets, her head resting on a pillow as Cora reads out loud softly from a book. Xaven’s eyes are starting to become heavy as she fight her sleep, not wanting to take a nap. Cora continues to read, knowing the words on the pages by heart. She glances down at Xaven and her eyes light up in laughter. It’s clear to see that Xaven is tired, but she is stubborn like both her parents. Closing the book, Cora sets it down on the nightstand and she starts to sing softly. Xaven’s eyes slip shut and Cora smirks knowing she has won.

Slowly Cora eases herself off the bed and she grabs the book from the nightstand. Walking into the main room, Cora puts the book back on the shelf and she grabs one of her magic books. Sitting down on the couch, Cora takes her shoes off and tucks her legs underneath her as she opens the book and rests it on her upper thigh. Reading over the pages silently, Cora makes mental notes of the spells that she would like to try out once she goes back home or has some alone time. Lost in the new information Cora loses track of time. A blinding bright light makes captures Cora’s attention while the loud crack and woosh wake Xaven.

Xaven’s sleep hazel eyes see the light in the room and she is instantly awake, her eyes now wide with joy. “Daddy,” she beams and jumps out of bed. She runs out to the main room and heads right for the doors, her little fist banging on. The sound catches Cora’s attention and before she can react the doors open from the other side and Xaven is running out the room.

“The Bifrost…Loki!” Cora’s eyes widen at the realization of who is on their way to the Throne room and the book in her hand drops to the floor. “Xaven!” Cora cruses and jumps to her feet, she can’t let Xaven get into the Throne room. Loki must not find out about her…not yet at least. Forgetting all about her shoes, Cora runs out of the room and searcher for Xaven. Cora spots Xaven just as she turns the corner, “Xaven wait!” Cora calls out as she chases after the little girl. “Xaven!” Cora’s voice is desperate as the little girl runs towards the Throne room in search of her father. “Xaven!” Cora pushes herself to run faster, cursing the long dress she has on, she had not planned to do any running today. The sound of the Throne room doors opening fills the hall and Xaven’s heart drops. “Damn,” she sighs and rushes into the room.

“Gran!” Xaven’s voice echos throughout the room and Cora gulps seeing Odin’s narrow his eyes at her as Xaven darts pass all the guards. Xaven runs right up to Odin and wraps her arms around his legs, “Up!” she giggles and Frgga is quick to pull Xaven away from Odin and into her arms. Xaven shakes her head and in doing so she spots a man she has never seen before. She stares at him with her wide hazel eyes and he stares back at her with curious green eyes.

Frigga walks down the steps and stands off to the side making sure she is out of sight before motions to Cora with her hands. Cora is quick to pass the guards and she keeps her head down. Standing beside Frigga, Cora reaches out and takes Xaven, placing the little girl on her hip. “Cora?” His voice is smooth and filled with disbelief and Cora’s body tenses. Slowly Cora turns around and faces the man who she tried so desperately to avoid.

“Hello, my Prince,” Cora greets with a light bow and she groans inward, she can feel the butterflies in her stomach flying around.

Loki stares at Cora with a million questions behind his eyes unable to believe that she is standing right before him, he thought he was imagining it when he saw her on the bridge. He takes in her appearance and makes a face wondering what she has done to herself. “You cut your hair,” Loki points out, his voice unhappy as he eyes the short bob cut as well as the unnatural blonde color. Loki’s eyes dart all over Cora’s body, he notices the familiar ring on her finger, the lack of red she wears and the child in her arms. “What has happened to you?” Cora is confused by Loki’s question.

“M-my Prince?” Cora stammers, her heart hammering in her chest, she saw the way he looked at her and stripped her down to her core within seconds.

“She is pale, fair haired and has hazel eyes, there is nothing of you in her. This child is not yours though you hold her like she is…” Cora tightens her hold on Xaven and Xaven looks at Loki not sure what to make of him.

“That is enough,” Odin’s voice rings out, but Loki refuses to look away from Cora.

“Clearly she is of nobility, but of what blood?” Loki turns his attention to Xaven and she smiles shyly at him. Loki smirks and tilts his head to the side slightly, “Who is your-”

“I said enough!” Odin shouts and Xaven whimpers from the anger in Odin’s voice. Loki chuckles and nods his head. Frigga catches his eyes, but not before he takes one last glance at Cora.

“Have I made you proud Mother?” Loki teases and Frigga looks at him, her eyes full of disappointment. Frigga speaks, but Cora doesn’t hear her words over the tight grip that Xaven has around her neck. Cora places a hand on the back of Xaven’s head and presses her lips to Xaven’s temple whispering soothing words to the little girl. Frigga steps closer to Cora and Cora freeze when she sees that Loki’s eyes are on her once again. Frigga tugs Xaven out of Cora’s arms and starts walking away.

“Come along Cora,” Frigga says over her shoulder and Cora bites her lip. She wants to run and hide away from Loki’s piercing gaze, but she also wants to stay and stare at him. Loki smirks and when he takes a steps towards Cora, Odin stands up. “Cora…” Frigga says in a warning tone and Cora glance over her shoulder at Frigga.

Cora looks at Loki and she glances down at her hand. Quickly she twists the ring from her finger and she rushes forward throwing her arms around Loki’s neck. Odin shouts in protest and Cora shoves the ring in Loki’s hands, feeling his cheek nuzzle against the top of her head. Guards grab hold of Cora and rip her away from Loki, she bites her lip swallowing her cries and Loki just smirks tighten his hold on the ring in his right hand. “Run along, my darling,” Loki says in a teasing tone, hiding his pain and disappointment as Cora nods her head. The guards let her go and she hurries after Frigga who is staring at her with pride. The two women disappear from sight and Loki sighs.

Loki turns his attention to Odin and he walks forward, clicking his heels together like a solider when he stand before him. Odin starts to lecture Loki and Loki throws in his smart and scornful remarks when he can. Having enough, Odin lashed out, “Your birthright was to die as a child!” Loki’s smirk falters as Odin continues on farther to say, “Cast out on a frozen rock! If I hadn't taken you in, you would not be here now to hate me.”

Loki rolls his eyes, “If I had fully asked for true mercy, I'd say just swing it. It's not that I don't love our little talks, it's just...I don't love them.” Loki smirks at Odin and stares at him with taunting eyes.

Odin narrows his eye at Loki and sighs, fed up with Loki’s behavior, “Frigga is the only reason you are still alive and you will never see her again.” Odin notices the confusion his Loki’s eyes as he speaks, “You will spend the rest of your days in the dungeon,” Odin states answering Loki’s silent question and Loki takes three steps backwards as the guards pull on his chains. He stops walking and stares at Odin.

“And what of Thor?” Loki asks and Odin raises an eyebrow. “You'll make that witless oaf king while I rot in chains?” Loki’s voice is full of anger and disbelief.

Odin sits back in his chair clearly done with the conversation and Loki’s tantrums. “Thor must strive to undo the damage you have done, he will bring order to the Nine Realms…” Odin give Loki a pointed Loki and sighs, “And then, yes, he will be king.” Loki opens his mouth to object, but he quickly snaps it close. The guards pull at Loki’s chains and he smirks as he walks backwards. Odin notices the look on Loki’s face and he becomes uneasy inside.

“Can I at least know my niece’s name?” Loki calls out with malice set deep in his laughing eyes and Odin glares saying nothing as Loki is lead out of the Throne room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Quickly she twists the ring from her finger and she rushes forward throwing her arms around Loki’s neck. Odin shouts in protest and Cora shoves the ring in Loki’s hands, feeling his cheek nuzzle against the top of her head.
Image

Having enough, Odin lashed out, “Your birthright was to die as a child!” Loki’s smirk falters as Odin continues on farther to say, “Cast out on a frozen rock! If I hadn't taken you in, you would not be here now to hate me.”
Image

Cora at home
Xaven's dress
Cora's dress

Comment. Subscribe. Recommend.