Diving into the Darkness

Chapter 2

Weeks had gone by and they still had no real evidence, they’d found out that it was a serial killer but he was good. They hadn’t found any finger prints, blood or even a witness for any of the crimes. It was becoming more and more frustrating as the weeks went along and more bodies that had been found, so far 6 women had been brutally murdered and left in allies across San Diego. Hanna was growing anxious she’d had been to each and every crime scene all looking identical to the next; she just couldn’t seem to find one break.
Today was different though the woman had been hurt worse but she had actually survived if only by a thread. As Lilith pulled up to the hospital she felt a new hope in the case, she turned off the car, got out and walked into the hospital. The patient was on the 3rd floor as she reached it something was wrong, she went into the room and found the woman lying dead on the ground. She walked to the body and rolled her over a note fell from her chest. Lilith put on her gloves and carefully picked it up, as she read it another officer came in.
Aloud she read “One day we shall meet Ms. Sandar. I feel as though you have too much hostility for me, so sorry I couldn’t give you this liability.”
It wasn’t signed or even initialed but it left enough of a message, he knew who she was and that she was after him. This little letter brought a whole new light to her theory, he must know her somehow and Amelia’s death was not just random.