Status: New story because things.

Those Who Wonder

What are you doing with your life?

Well, lets think.
I grew up in a small town. So small, you can hear the drama starting before it even happens. I lived with my parents until the age of twenty. I took just slightly longer than most kids at the ripe age of college life. Though, I didn't choose the local college that many of the kids in my age. I chose an online college. So I could avoid every single one of them. I wasn't like them. I was the complete opposite. I wasn't spoiled with a car at the age of sixteen, nor did I take that amazing senior trip to England because 'Daddy' could afford it. I just don't have two grand wadded into my back pocket. In fact, I didn't have much. Not saying I was poor, I just didn't like begging for things I know I couldn't have.
I grew up with my mother, step father and a brother and sister. I lived a life where my parents didn't know half the shit I went through, nor do I think they know how mentally unstable I was. I grew up with one friend. One. And even at that age, I was unsure of what mattered most. Because, to this day, I don't have anyone.
My cell phone chimed in with its small 'ding' noise. I slowly breathed in and out, though it was kind of hard since my face was in my pillow. It smelled of cat. Gosh. I sit up and wipe at my eyes. Running my hand through my hair, scrunching my nose up at how it was slightly damp and greasy from last night's troubles. I sighed and grabbed my phone from the night stand to my left. Unlocking the phone, I noticed I had two messages: one from my boss and the other from an acquaintance from said job.

From: Linda

Could you do a night shift tonight? Kyle called off.

I ran a hand down my face. What else to I have to lose? Oh, you know. All those precious hours wasted away on the internet. I accepted the offer given to me. Checking the other text from my "sort-of" friend, I groaned.

From: Jake

Hope you take the night shift. I won't be alone then ;-) But, I have a proposition for you.

I raised an unruly eyebrow at his text. When I first met Jake, I nearly punched him in the nose. His constantly flirting was a bit too much and I couldn't handle it. But he took it lightheartedly. Jake was tall. Well, anything above my small stature was considered tall. He had dark hair, but it was buzzed down to a short fuzz. His eyes are dark brown, just like mine. He is built a bit. Not pro-muscle man, but toned to say he goes to the gym.

To: Jake

What proposition? I don't like things like this. You always get me into trouble.

I got up from the warmth of my bed and slightly shivered, due to the lack of clothes I was wearing. The sheets were still wrapped around my ankles, so when I tumbled to the ground, I just laid there.

"Mmmm... what did I do to deserve this? I don't even to anything" I mumbled into the carpet. I heard a soft padding running into my room. Shortly enough, I felt a wet nose poke at my face and hair and slightly sniffing at my ear. I opened my eyes to look at Bad Wolf, my cat. Yes. I named her after a Doctor Who companion. Judge me.

"Bad, what are you doing? Stop. I mean it." I scooped her up and snuggled her into my chest, her slightly grayish fur shedding onto my shirt as I hugged her. I sat her back down and untangled my legs from the bedding and walked to my bathroom. I rid myself of my clothes and turn the warm water on in the shower. Stepping into the tub, I relaxed and closed my eyes for a few. The aches in my shoulders slightly decreasing along with the sweat that formed on my back and head from the constant reminder of last night.

Singing a tune, I finished up my shower and hopped out, grabbing a towel and wrapped it around my body. I sat down on the toilet seat and just relaxed a bit more. Closing my eyes, my mind flashes back to childhood memories. Images of kids laughing, my step father yelling, teachers giving me looks of pity... I shake my head and open my eyes. Droplets of water hit the floor as I shook my head to clear all those thoughts. Now is not the time to remember that. Not when I am in the bathroom and the floor is wet. I need to buy bath rugs.

Trotting to my room again, I look for clothes to wear. Maybe something cute today? Hah, yeah, sure. I grabbed a pair of skinny jeans, a Captain America tee-shirt and some socks, that didn't match, to my bed. My phone chimed. I walked to the stand and unplugged my phone from it's charger. Two messages. One from Linda, confirming the new schedule. The other from Jake.

From: Jake

Trust me on this, you'll like it. I'll even talk with Linda myself. Don't worry your pretty little head, okay? <3

I rolled my eyes. I'm getting really tired of him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Why hello there. So sorry for never updating on previous stories, but I'm just having a really hard time and I have such huge writer's block. But I am back, and hopefully I can keep up with this. I have such great things in mind with this. Sorry if there are any spelling errors, but it's currently 3:30 AM and I go slightly mental at this time. :P

But anyway! Thank you! Hopefully, you enjoy this, and I'll see what I can do! I need some happy in my life right now and what else, than to find it in stories? :)