Status: Disclaimer: I do not own The Fault in Our Stars. John Green does.-CJ

The Fault in Our Lungs

Chapter Three

Blaze was an ordinary boy with an extravagant personality. In the time I had met Annabelle and him, he had opened up in a way. Everyday we would head to the park and take pictures or watch the fish swim. Blaze looked happy; he looked interested in the activity. Annabelle said it was a change. A good change to his attitude. He still wouldn't talk yet.

Annabelle: "He is so weird."

Me: "And we aren't?"

Annabelle: "No. We are normal. He's something special."

Me: "Is that intended to be bad?"

Annabelle: "I tell him to talk, but he stays in his own world. Hazel Grace, I am not sure if he is bad, but I like this side of him. If anything, you have helped him."

Me: "I have?"

Annabelle: "Maybe. He could have just been constipated."

Constipated in emotions. Two weeks after I met him, Blaze started to talk in mumbles like Annabelle. But only little snippets of conversation would leave his mouth. Never a deep discussion.

"Drink is good," he had said one day at the food court.

His first word back in the real world had been 'hope'. Not any hope in particular, just hope. He had directed towards the sky as if he was speaking to Heaven. Hope had been delivered to him, and he had accepted it. I could only imagine that I had hope to keep up in life.

This meeting was at the old library in the middle of town. Annabelle had insisted.

"Blaze, would you like to read this book?" Annabelle whispered to him. She was holding up 'The Secret Life of Bees'.

"No, I want an astronomy book," Blaze said, barely audible.

We had searched high and low for the book on astronomy. Any book covering the subject would've done, but there wasn't much to go on. Finally, before we were going to give up, I found a book on the stars.

"Thank you, Hazel Grace," Blaze had told me, checking the book out.

The words arouse in my head that night. 'Thank you, Hazel Grace.' It was amazement what words could do to and for you. They could break you down or build you up. They wrote your life's story and made it memorable. And 'Thank you, Hazel Grace' definitely impacted me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Disclaimer: I do not own The Fault in Our Stars. It is by John Green.

Hey; how are you?-CJ