Status: Disclaimer: I do not own The Fault in Our Stars. John Green does.-CJ

The Fault in Our Lungs

Chapter Four

It was that time for Annabelle and Blaze to meet Isaac. I don't know what made me decide they had to meet them, but Isaac changed me, too, so perhaps he could help.

I called him at six in the morning the next day to arrange rhe meeting. He yelled at me when he picked up, but agreed after I told him I needed a favor.

It was two pm by the time we all met at the train station.

"Annabelle and Blaze, this is Isaac. Isaac, bud, this is Annabelle and Blaze," I introduced everyone.

They waved, then realized Isaac couldn't see them, so instead Annabelle muttered a 'hi' in his direction.

"So Annabelle, I hear you are into photography," Issac made conversation. "My father is a big fan of cameras."

"That's nice to hear!" Annabelle smiled.

This was going nicely.

"And Blaze, how about the constellations? Have you ever seen Ulsa Major?"

"Yes," his response was quiet but gave me relief.

"Let us board the train, my fellow humans!" Isaac called out.

We all boarded the train and sat in seats near each other.

"Where are we going?" Blaze whispered to me.

"Your and Annabelle's big surprise!" I replied, smiling.

No one talked for the remainder of the trip, and we arrived at the hilltop I used to run up and down before I got crap lungs.

"Wow," Annabelle gazed at the scenery as we stepped off the train and onto the hilltop.

"For all of us. Scenery for Annabelle, stars for Blaze, smells and sounds of the wild for Isaac, and a childhood recovery for me!" I told them.

We sat down on the blankets I layed out for us. Annabelle went straight to staring at the sunset while Blaze got ready for the night sky.

I hadn't mentioned where we would go, so Annabelle wore a dark orange and Blaze wore a common gray color. Isaac wore what he had hastily threw on: a pink shirt and yellow pants.I had on khakis and a tanktop.

We all slept there after a while with Isaac snoring loudly and Annabelle sobbing and muttering words. I woke up to her screaming 'get away'. I was tempted to wake her up but she looked so sleepy. A silhouette got up and sat beside me: Blaze.

"Hey, bud," I said, nudging his knee with my elbow.

"Her nightmares scare me," Blaze admitted, leaning on my left side.

"Me, too. Does this happen every night?"

"Twice a week, sometimes more. It's her imperfection."

"What's yours?"

"I cannot say anything to anyone."

"You're doing a fine job talking to me."

"Yeah, but you are nice. Evryone else isn't."

"You got to say what you need to. Don say anything that isn't important. You are doing fine"

"What's your imperfection, Hazel Grace?"

"My lungs."

"No, your real imperfection.No one sees your lungs when they see you."

"I can't think of one."

"Why about talking to me and my sister?"

"That isn't a imperfection."

"Being nice is because you can be too nice."

"Yeah."

I kissed his cheek and told him to sleep. But I stayed up, thinking about my imperfections.
♠ ♠ ♠
I do not own The Fault in Our Stars or Hazel Grace Lancaster or Isaac. John Green does. I simply am in love with the book and John Green's characters.