Status: Working hard on it.

The Man in the Mirror

Parker's Chance

Parker walked up to his mirror and sighed, not liking the crown. He wasn't royalty, he wasn't a lord, he was just wealthy. But his mother thought that crowns and tiaras would be a good look for the Alen family.

He groaned and placed it in the cabinet, going to his closet to change. His mother had ordered last minute family photographs with the crowns, Parker was just glad they weren't portraits this time. Nothing is more annoying than standing uncomfortably with your family for hours so some strange guy can paint you. Except maybe the family.

Parker put on a hoodie over his navy v-neck and pulled on some torn jeans. He grabbed his skateboard and bounded down the stairs.

"Mom, I'm going out, I'll be back in a couple hours." He called and walked out the door, ignoring his mom's mumbling about safety.

------______------


Parker arrived at the skate park about an hour after leaving his house, opting to walk instead of Neil driving him. Unlike his family, he doesn't like showing off his money.

He approached the half pipe and looked for anyone else before dropping in. After a few minutes of getting the feel for the pipe, he was about to start pulling tricks when he heard yelling.

The yells were coming from a person in a helmet and compression suit, with a group of teens behind them. Parker skated over, confused.

"So, pretty boy, where did you come from? Obviously you don't belong around here, or else you'd know this was my park."

"I wasn't aware it belonged to somebody. I assumed it was public." Parker picked up his board.

"I don't actually own it, dumb ass. I'm just the best skater who's been around. Only those good enough to be in my crew are willing to skate here. So, you can either leave or show your worth." They turned to face the group behind them. "Do you think he's got what it takes to be in Carson's Crew?"

"Probably not. He looks to high class. I mean, just look at that shirt. V neck, really?" One of the guys behind Carson scoffed.

"My skating is much better than my clothing, dude." Parker dropped back in before coming up and pulling a 540, followed by a series of flips, and finished with a 720 before getting back out by Carson. "So?"

"Judging by the jealous looks on these idiots, I'd say you're in." Carson pulled off the helmet, revealing long blonde hair and bright blue eyes. "Welcome to Carson's Crew."
♠ ♠ ♠
Not totally sure if compression suit is the right term... but its the closest I could think of it.