Status: Working hard on it.

The Man in the Mirror

Carson's Crew

“Hey, new kid. Get over here.” One of the skate crew called to Parker.

“My name is Parker.” He grumbled as he walked over to him.

“For now, I'm calling you new kid. You haven't gotten your Carson's Crew official nickname.” He spun his wheels before setting the board down.

“Carson's Crew official nickname?” Parker looked at them, confused.

“We all get names. Approved by Carson of course.” The only other girl stood. “My name is Sandy, but my board is Tonka yellow and the design is a semi, so they call me Rigs.” She flipped her board up, showing the design.

“Mine is probably the easiest.” A gangly guy stood and picked up his board.

“Kota, there, is the Fireman.” Rigs nodded at the bright red board with a fire engine and fireman hat design. “Arthur, my Artiboy, is Geo.” Arthur, a larger, muscular boy showed his orange board, with geometric designs on the bottom. “William over there is Baby, meant partially ironic since he's the oldest of the crew. But his board has baby animals on it, so he's our baby. Tony's name is fitting to him, but not why we call him it.” She picked up the board of the guy who called Parker over, and showed him. “Take a guess.”

“Err.” Parker looked, slightly confused. It was painted like a mushroom, growing from the wheels of the board. “Um, fungus?”

“Cute. You're so innocent.” Rigs placed the board back in Tony's lap. “Dick. His nickname is Dick.” She laughed and say by Geo again.

“Oh... I get that. Both ways.” Parker chuckled and sat on a rail across from Baby and Dick.

“So, new kid. Show us your board.” Fireman said, sliding over by Parker.

“Um, okay...” Parker picked up his board, showing the design.

“Nice colour combo...” Fireman ran his hand along the green deck top, spinning it to see the silver bottom. “Python or Boa?” He slid his fingers down the body of the snake.

“Anaconda. When I got the board, I was trying to get a real snake. The alien it's around was just for fun.” Parker laughed.

“Nice board.” Carson walked over. “Fireman, get off the new boy.” Carson pushed him and sat next to Parker. “He's harmless, don't worry. So, I guess they're trying to name you?”

“Yeah.. I'm thinking Alien or Snake.” Dick nodded.

“Nah, too straight forward. Your names aren't Semi, Mushroom, and Firetruck...” Carson picked up the board and looked at the design. You said it's an anaconda, right?” She looked up at him.

“Yeah, the artist said it's a female. Cause they're larger.” Parker reached for his board.

“A purple female anaconda, eh?” Well. I've got it. Welcome to the crew, officially that is, Ana.” Carson placed the board against his hands.

“Ana?” He looked at her.

“Yeah. We could use a girl name. Balance things out.” Carson laughs and stands. “Chill, Ana. No one will judge you for it.”

“So, Carson. What's your nickname?” Parker followed her with his eyes.

“Don't have one. Don't want one. Don't need one. My crew, my rules.” Carson laughed and skated off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to post(to any of you hopeful readers).

I didn't have a proper way to type it (i like to type things into word docs first. so ya.)

Any feedback?