Status: Working hard on it.

The Man in the Mirror

Fitting In

Parker was putting his skate gear in his bag as the sun continued to set.

“Ana? How you feeling?” Carson asked, sitting by him, pulling her helmet off.

“I'm good... You guys are fun. I'm glad I came.” Parker nodded.

“Yeah, you're better than some of the originals. Still no where near my level though.” She laughed and placed her gloves on her board.

“Really now? Cause I've seen you skate. You're good, but I wouldn't say you were the best.” He chuckled and knocked her gloves off.

“Oh. Those are fighting words.” She put him in a choke hold. “Don't be touching my gloves, boy.”

“So you know wrestling holds too, huh?” He flipped her arm, pulling her into an arm bar.

“Parker Stephen! What are you doing to that girl!?” Piper yelled from the sidewalk outside the skate park.

“Piper Sophie! Calm down.” Parker let go of Carson. “What are you doing here?”

“Mom was looking for you. She tried calling, you weren't answering. So I volunteered to look for you. Wasn't expecting to find you at a skate park bullying some weirdly dressed chick.” Piper walked over to them. “And what the hell are you wearing?”

“Chill, Pipe. My phone is in my room. I prefer to skate comfortably. This is Carson, I skate with her and some friends.” Parker nodded at Carson. “Cars, this is my older sister Piper.”

“Oh, hello... Just wondering, but do you both have the same initials?” Carson looked between them.

“P.S.A.? Yeah. All 8 of us, 6 kids, both parents that is... That's actually how our parents bonded about their fourth date. Joking about if they got married they'd have the same initials. Twenty-two years later, here we are.” Parker chuckled.

“Right. Your parents are crazy.. Just so you know.” Carson laughed and picked up her board and helmet. “Bye Ana. See you Saturday?”

“Yeah. Bye Carson.” Parker waved as she ran off. “Lets go before you get too annoying.”

“Whatever... Ana?” What was that about?” Piper laughed. “You cross dressing or something?”

“Oh shut it. No. There's an anaconda on my board. So the crew calls me Ana, by Carson's choosing.” Parker picked up his board and wrapped his arm around Piper. “Is Neil here, or are we walking home?”