Status: Working hard on it.

The Man in the Mirror

Embarrassment

“So, Piper told me about your little girlfriend at the skate park.” Presley fell onto Parker's bed.

“Not my girl. And why did she tell you?” Parker looked up from his laptop.

“She said you were out at some park flirting with some Ana chick.” Presley sat up, tossing the pillow at him.

“So, did she tell you, or were you eavesdropping?” Parker laughed and set his laptop down, heading for his door.

“Why would you think I was eavesdropping?” Presley followed him into the hall.

“Because you're thirteen and can't keep a secret. Piper wouldn't tell you something important. Plus your facts are mixed... Hey Pipy, Pres and I have a few questions.” Parker knocked on her door.

“What is it?” Piper half opened her door.

“Presley says you told her about me being a a park flirting with Ana.. Is this true?”

“God Presley... You and Phoenix need to mind your own business more. Mom said she'll talk to you about the information I shared with MOM when she comes upstairs... Presley, go to your room and get ready for bed. Paige just reached lights out, and you have about twenty minutes. Bye.” Piper closed her door.

“See. Now go.” Parker shoved her towards the twins' room.

“Goodnight Paige. I'll see you in the morning.” Prudence's voice came from around the corner. “Parker, can we speak in your room?”

“Sure Mom.” He led her to his room, opening the door for her.

“Son, I'm sure you already know Piper talked to me after we ate...”

“Yeah. Presley came in here asking about jumbled facts she misheard.”

“Piper told me about the blonde skater girl, Carly, isn't it?”

“Carson, Mom. Her name is Carson.”

“Oh, right, Sorry sweetheart. Well, she told me about how she was calling you Ana... So that makes me concerned, you aren't one of those transvesteses or whatever are you?” Prudence looked at him, concern evident in her eyes.

“Mom... They're transvestites, and you're probably actually thinking transgender. Fell like they are anatomically the wrong gender. And no, I'm not. I'm perfectly happy as a male.” Parker blushed, looking away from his mother.

“Parker, don't look away from me. I'm just concerned. I wanted to make sure you weren't going through something you felt like you couldn't share.”

“Mom...”

“Now now... But that brings up my next question. Piper said you and this Cara girl were flirting... Do you and I need to have 'the talk'? Do you need condoms? You know you can come to me and your father if you need to.”

“Carson and I weren't flirting. We were in the midst of a play argument when Piper came along. She's not into my like that. Actually, I think Fireman, I mean Kota, is the only one possibly into me.. But from the way Carson talks, he just acts like that with everybody.” Parker laughs.

“Wait, a boy? Is that it? Are you into boys? Is that why you say Caitlyn isn't into you? Cause you're such a handsome young boy, there has to be a reason you don't bring girlfriends around.”

“God mom! I'm straight. Completely. I'm a male who likes females. Okay? And for gods sake. Her name is Carson!” Parker groaned, falling back onto his bed.

“Okay, okay. You don't need to throw a fit.” Prudence stood. “ I was just wanting to check on my baby boy, and I get snapped at for it.” She grumbled to her self as she walked out the door.

“Goodness mom...” Parker began down the stairs when the doorbell rang. “I got it.”

“Hey I was right...” A familiar voice came as he opened the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback?