A Thousand Words

i promise, i will, i do

Image
first prompt

✿✿✿

the i promise


The first ring that Bella Jackson received from Sidney Crosby wasn't the ring that she had been looking for.

They had been dating for a year and a half and all Bella could think about the day that he was finally going to put a ring on it. How Sid would go from just being her boyfriend to her fiancee. How one day she would be able to call herself Bella Crosby. But even though it was what she wanted, she didn't want to rush them. She knew how focused on hockey he was and she didn't want to come between that. She could wait for her ring.

So she was pleasantly surprised when Sid had dropped down to one knee in the entryway of their home after a dinner out at one of their favorite restaurants. "Sid," she whispered in awe, already blinking back tears as she placed a hand over her mouth.

"Just...Listen, okay? This isn't a proposal."

"Oh," she whispered as she let her hand fall away from her mouth, trying not to seem too disappointed.

"This is a promise. A promise that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. That I want to grow old with you. A promise that I want to raise a gaggle of kids with you. That through the good and the bad, I want you there by my side. A promise that I'm always going to love you," Sid stated softly, eyes never leaving Bella's as he reached into the pocket of his jacket, pulling out a little black box.

Bella let out a shaky, happy laugh, tears already rolling down her cheeks as she practically tackled Sid to the ground as she threw her arms around his neck. "How can I say no to that?"

Sid grinned widely as he pressed a kiss against her lips, raising a hand so that he could wipe the tears away. "You make me so happy."

"You make me happy too," Bella whispered as she pressed a kiss against his lips in return, gesturing at the box. "Now let me see the ring!"

Chuckling softly, Sid opened the box, taking the ring out of the box, slipping it onto Bella's finger. "I had a lot of help picking this out. I think every guy on the team had an opinion about what I should get."

Bella held her hand out, a watery smile on her face as she stared at the ring. "It's beautiful. You did a great job. Thank you."

"You don't have to thank me," Sid murmured as he nuzzled her cheek, wrapping an arm around her waist as they both stared at the ring.

✿✿✿

the i will


"With five seconds left, Backes with a shot on goal, Fleury with the glove save. With the face-off to the left of Fleury, the Penguins need to win this face-off to win the game. Crosby wins the face-off and Kunitz with the puck clears it down the ice. And that's it folks! The Penguins have won! The Penguins are the Stanley Cup Champs!"

As the buzzer sounded, a roar went up through Consol that could have brought the building down.

Bella found herself engulfed in a hug from Taylor Crosby as the two screamed their heads off, jumping up and down in excitement.

"We did it! We fucking won!" she shouted as she pressed a smacking kiss against Taylor's cheek before she was pulling away from the younger girl so that she could hug Sid's mom and dad.

The smile only seemed to grow on Bella's face as she watched Sid raise the Cup over his head, taking a lap around the ice. A stray tear rolled down her cheek, but she quickly wiped it away before she was clapping loudly.

The next few minutes went by in a blur as Bella followed the Crosby's down to the ice, a hoard of butterflies taking up residence in her stomach as she first stepped out onto the ice. It was like a different place being on the ice. The yelling crowd seemed a thousand times louder and the lights a thousand times brighter. She let herself get lost in the chaos, just taking it all in until she felt strong arms wrap around her waist, lifting her off the ground, and spinning her around.

"We won!" Sid yelled once he had set Bella back down on the ground, bending down slightly so that he could press their lips together.

"I know! I'm so proud of you, babe!" Bella exclaimed happily as she rested her forehead against Sid's.

They stayed like that for a few moments, grinning like idiots at each other before Sid was being pulled away, yelling at the top of his lungs as he went off to celebrate with some of his teammates.

Laughing softly, she made her way over to where a small group of wives and girlfriends had gathered, slipping into the conversation easily as she took Estelle Fleury from Vero's arms. The group spent a few minutes discussing where they were going to celebrate and who they could con into baby-sitting their kids. But soon a hush fell over the group and Emily Glass was nudging Bella in the side, gesturing to something behind her.

Handing Estelle back to her mother, Bella turned around, eyes widening and jaw nearly hitting the floor when she saw Sid on one knee, holding a small black box in his hand.

"The only thing better than winning the Stanley Cup would be getting to marry you. So Bella Marie Jackson, will you marry me?"

A slow grin spread across Bella's face as she quickly nodded her head. "Of course I will!" she sobbed out. She waited for Sid to be on both feet before she was racing over to him, jumping into his arms, burying her face against his neck.

While this wasn't exactly the proposal she had pictured when she was younger, it was absolutely perfect. They were in a front of thousands of strangers, but to her it felt like they were the only two in the room. She wouldn't have wanted anything else. This was better than some romantic proposal in Paris. This was something that she would tell her grandchildren about with a big grin on her face.

After a few minutes, she slowly unwrapped her legs from around Sid's waist, standing on her own. "Now show me the goods!" she stated excitedly.

Grinning like a fool, Sid opened the box, pulling the ring out. With shaking hands, Sid slowly slid it onto her finger.

"It's gorgeous, Sid." Bella whispered in awe, smiling down at the ring. She placed her hands on Sid's cheeks as she stood on her tiptoes so that she could kiss him.

They only pulled apart when a loud cheer erupted around them, the two of them laughing as they parted. They were soon engulfed by family and friends, everyone shouting their congratulations out for the couple.


✿✿✿

the i do


The day had finally arrived. Today was going to be the day that Bella Jackson became Bella Crosby. Today was the day that she would be marrying the love of her life.

It still felt like a dream to her, though. Her younger sister and maid of honor had pinched her about fifty times to prove to her that this was real. That this was actually happening.

The day was passing by in a blur, a rush of getting ready, making sure that the last few loose ends had been tied up. By the time that the ceremony was supposed to start, Bella was more than ready. There were nerves, of course, but she was a lot less nervous than she had thought that she would be. She was just ready to marry her best friend.

She could barely pay attention at the beginning of the ceremony, all of her focus on Sid, who was looking very handsome in his tux. It was like the two of them were in their own little bubble, eyes only for each other as the priest's words washing over them.

"Do you, Sidney, take this woman, Bella as your wife, to love her and to honor her, to nurture, serve and support her, in times of joy and in times of difficulty? Do you promise to remain by her side regardless of what trouble befalls you, and in the presence of temptation to forsake this love, do you promise to remain steadfast and true? Do you promise with all your heart and soul to honor this vow till death do you part?"

"I do." Sid answered softly, a small smile turning up the corners of his lips.

"And do you, Bella, take this man, Sidney as your husband, to love him and to honor him, to nurture, serve and support him, in times of joy and in times of difficulty? Do you promise to remain by his side regardless of what trouble befalls you, and in the presence of temptation to forsake this love, do you promise to remain steadfast and true? Do you promise with all your heart and soul to honor this vow till death do you part?"

Bella let out a shaky breath, licking her lips before she was answering. "I do."

The priest smiled as he nodded at maid of honor and best man. "And now we will have the exchanging of rings."

Sid took the ring from his best man, sliding the ring onto Bella's finger as he spoke. "Bella, I give you this ring to wear as a symbol of my deepest love, my unending devotion, my eternal faith and my everlasting fidelity for all the days of my life."

Bella sniffled softly, dabbing at her eyes before she was taking the ring with shaky hands, nearly dropping the ring as she slid it onto Sid's finger. "Sidney, I give you this ring to wear as a symbol of my deepest love, my unending devotion, my eternal faith and my everlasting fidelity for all the days of my life."

"With the exchanging of rings, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Bella grinned widely as she slid her arms around Sid's neck as he dipped her, pressing their lips together. There were wolf whistles and cheers from the people gathered to witness the wedding, Bella giggling against Sid's lips. "I love you."

"I love you too," Sid murmured as he helped her straightening up, hands clasped together.

"And now it is my great honor to introduce to Mr. and Mrs. Crosby!"

As everyone climbed to their feet, clapping and cheering, Sid and Bella made their way down the aisle, ready to begin their new life together.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's the first one-shot. What do you all think? I feel like the ending was kind of rushed and blah~ but let me know what you think. I'll probably be slow with updating these one-shots because I want to focus on my main story, but I'll try to post a one-shot at least once a week. And remember that you can send me prompts and stuff. So yeah! I fail at writing these things.