Status: New chapters coming soon (8-15-2014)

El-Oh-Vee-Ee

O N E

“I shouldn’t be feeling like this.” Kellin thought to himself as he watched the next couple on his list, jealousy burning through his small body. They didn’t even know each other yet. They weren’t in love, hell they didn’t even like each other, but Kellin knew one day they would and that was the root of the jealousy he felt.

Falling in love with someone wasn’t something he was capable of; it was a bit of a conflict of interest in his line of work, so he had literally been created without the ability to love. However, for almost three centuries he had been watching people fall in love. At first, never have experienced the emotion or really witnessed it at all, he was curious about the human emotion, not understanding it at all. As a scientist would check on his experiments, Kellin began checking on the people whose lives he had changed, which his best friend Matty often told him was his first mistake. He got to see how they grew to love each other and started to understand the emotion and process a little better, but he also began to long for someone he could share that feeling with despite the fact that he knew he couldn’t, and then gradually he began resenting everyone who could. He despised seeing those happy smiles they got and the ridiculous blushes hat covered their faces when they were around each other.

He didn’t understand why he wanted something so badly when he knew he couldn’t have it. None of the others felt like this, they contentedly did their jobs and that was that. It was such a lonely, almost pointless existence though how could they not want something more? Why was he the only one who did? These questions were always on his mind. Sometimes he felt like he was living in a brainwashed society and he was the only one who could see sense.

The only person who knew about these feelings was Matty, who’s only advice to him so far was that he should just suppress the feelings and do his job. How could he though when doing his job was what gave him these feelings in the first place? He knew Matty meant well, he didn’t want Kellin feeling so down and disappointed when he was never going to get what he wanted most, and on top of that there was only one of them that had ever fallen in love before, their boss, Cupid, so they didn’t know if these feelings would bring him any trouble. Kellin was truly grateful for Matty’s support but at the same time it didn’t help anything.

Kellin pulled himself out of his thoughts, focusing his attention back on the task at hand. He was suddenly eager to leave and he knew the only way to do that was to get the job done. It wouldn’t be too hard, he thought to himself. The man and woman he was targeting were both sitting on the same park bench, just a few yards away from the one he himself was perched on, and both had their noses buried in a book. They wouldn’t even notice him.

Quickly, Kellin got down from the bench and made his way over to the one they were sitting on, going behind them and just barely brushing his hand over their shoulders as he breezed past them. When he was far enough away, he turned back, just for a moment but that moment was enough for him to see all he needed to. They were sitting close, smiling as they chatted about something he couldn’t bring himself to care about, and his job was done. That used to make him smile, to know that he had brought happiness to people, but he couldn’t help the frown that formed on his lips as he left the park.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, new story! If you were reading Disasterology, it's currently on hiatus until I stop having writer's block for it. This story's all planned out though so I promise you it'll get finished. It's a short first chapter, but I would love to hear what you guys think of it so far! I may or may not post another chapter today, I haven't decided yet but if I don't post it today It will definitely get posted tomorrow.

In other news, in addition to my tumblr, I also now have a AO3 and Wattpad account so you have even more choices for where you read my stories now c: