Status: New chapters coming soon (8-15-2014)

El-Oh-Vee-Ee

F O U R

“We have really got to stop meeting like this.” Kellin heard the words before he even really knew what was happening, and he tried prying his eyes open but the combination of sleep induced grogginess and the bright sun hovering above him made it impossible. He tried speaking instead, but he felt like a vacuum hose attachment had been shoved down his throat and sucked all the air out of his lungs. It really didn’t help that the crushing force, which he now assumed to be a person, was still on top of him.

He groaned, bringing his hands down from above his head, rubbing at his eyes a bit before cupping his hands so they formed sort of a visor over his eyes. It helped more than you would think, he was still squinting a bit but he could see. It didn’t take very long to figure out that he had fallen asleep, which really didn’t surprise him much considering he hadn’t gotten much sleep in the last week, his mind running rampant with thoughts about the state of peril his life may or may not be in and the reason his life may or may not be in said peril.

Speaking of the current state of peril his life may or may not be in, and the reason his life may or may not be in said state of peril; the brown hair, chocolate eyed, tanned skinned angel that was the reason his life may or may not be in a state of peril was staring down at him with a small, stupidly perfect smile and if the sight of it hadn’t taken his breath away then he might have noticed that he could breathe again.

“I should probably apologize for falling on top of you. Again.” He tacked on to the end of his sentence with a little laugh. Truth be told, Kellin could hardly remember anything of the boy from their first encounter, which was ridiculous considering how enamored he had been with this complete stranger, but this time he made sure to take notice of things. Like the fact that his voice was deep in a way that it wasn’t deep at all, or that his smile was perfect except this little tooth on the left side of his mouth that was a little smaller than the others and that should have flawed his smile at least a little bit but actually made it more perfect because it was just so cute, and last, that he had this really stupid comb over that was really kind of obvious but again, just made him look cute. All of his observations made absolutely no sense, he noticed. How could his voice be deep in a way that wasn’t deep, and his little imperfections be cute? They were very contradictory observations and Kellin couldn’t decide if he hated the guy or loved him. And he didn’t even know his name yet.

Instead of replying with a normal, coherent sentence, a mess of unintelligible grumbles fell from Kellin’s mouth and if he didn’t already look like a lobster he would have been blushing at his total lack of finesse.

“Sorry, um, it’s okay.” He mumbled out shortly after. It wasn’t much but it was a lot better than ‘ummbrffum’ or whatever it was that had come out of his mouth before. Although he hadn’t quite decided if he liked this boy or not, this gorgeous boy who had a knack for falling on top of him, he knew he wanted him to like him, because he really liked the idea of him and if he didn’t like Kellin then Kellin was never going to find out if he himself liked him or not. So far he didn’t think he was doing a very good job of getting him to like him. “Sorry, I’m still kind of asleep?” He apologized once again, hoping whatever relationship they didn’t have wasn’t too far gone to save.

“It’s totally fine dude. This wasn’t a very good place to fall asleep though, you’re pretty crispy.” The boy punctuated his sentence by poking one of his long fingers into Kellin’s very red, raw arm and Kellin hissed in pain, instinctively drawing his arm away from him. “You might want to put something on that.” Suddenly the image of this guy rubbing aloe vera gel on his naked skin flashed through his mind, and again, if he wasn’t already sunburned he would have been blushing. He can’t say he had never been turned on before, because despite the fact that he wasn’t exactly human he still seemed to have some very human needs. It was definitely rare though, reserved for only the most special of occasions.

“Yeah,” he nodded awkwardly. It was like every word that had been implanted in his head when he was created and every one he had learned since had just poofed from his memory at the presence of this man who could easily be mistaken for a god.

“I’m Vic,” Vic holds out his hand and Kellin, finally doing something that would hint that he might be a normal, functioning human being even though he was far from it (mostly from the human being part), took it and they shook hands.

“Kellin.” He responds, cheering himself on in his head just a little. It takes him a moment to realize he’s still got a hold of Vic’s hands, although they’re no longer shaking and Kellin’s reminded of those cheesy, cliché romantic comedy movies he’s seen so many of over the years. Until now he understood them, but he didn’t really understand the women in them.

They all got so flustered over the men even if they really had no reason to. He had never seen anyone in real life do that, until now anyway. He was a girl in a cheesy, cliché romantic comedy, except he couldn’t see this ending all rainbows and butterflies like 99 percent of the movies did. This was much more of a Romeo and Juliet scenario, which made him cringe a little in his mind. Out of all the movies and books he had seen and read and the stories he had heard in his three hundred years on earth, there was none he hated more than that of Romeo and Juliet.

It was just so implausible really. Falling in love with someone in a few hours just wasn’t possible, and this was coming from someone in the business of love. To him it was just silly.

Kellin quickly let go of Vic’s hand, swallowing the lump that had formed in his throat.
“It’s nice to meet you, Kellin.” There was that smile again, the one that showed off that baby tooth. In that moment he was sure it was brighter than the sun.

“Would you like to go on a date with me?” He had seen a movie once about a group of mean girls, and he remembered someone in it using the phrase ‘word vomit’ and he hadn’t really understood what it meant, but as the words poured out of his mouth, his brain reacting just a little too late to stop them, he kind of got it.

After the way he had acted today he expected Vic to say no. Despite how nice he had been he had to think he was a total psycho right? If Kellin didn’t know the truth about his own social ineptness he would have thought he was psycho too.

“Yeah, okay,” Vic smiled and nodded, and Kellin stared back at him with a staggered look.

“Really?”

“Yeah,” Vic nodded again, looking a little amused. “How about you give me your number and I’ll call you to set something up.”

“My number?” He asked, confused.
“Your phone number?” Oh! If Kellin hadn’t felt stupid before he did now.

“I um, I don’t have one?” He knew it was something most everyone had, but he had never had anyone to call on the phone so he had never gotten one.

“Okay, then how about this, I’ll give you my address and you can pick me up this Friday night at seven.”

“Alright,” Kellin agreed.

“Okay let me go try and track down a pen.” Kellin nodded this time, standing up and brushing himself off as he watched Vic go up to one of the snack shacks, presumably to ask if he could borrow a pen.
He returned a few minutes later with a pen in his hand and reached for Kellin’s hand. Kellin didn’t even flinch this time, watching as Vic scribbled across his palm with the dark ink and trying not to move too much although it kind of tickled.

“Okay, you should probably get indoors somewhere before you give yourself skin cancer, but I’ll see you on Friday.”

“Okay, see you Friday.” Kellin responds with a giddy smile. As Vic turns and starts walking away, he looks down at his hand, reading over Vic’s messy, but readable, handwriting:

1550 S. Beach St.
Friday 7 PM


He frowns a little when he realizes it’s Saturday, which means he’ll have to wait six days before he gets to see Vic again. Six days doesn’t seem so bad to the eternity he thought he was going to have to wait before though so he figured he could live with it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be nice c: