Status: Completed!

Wasted

Sins of the Father

"What are you doing here?"

William smiled and held his arms to the side, "I told you I'd find you, Laura. You're gonna have to learn to listen." He crinkled his nose in anger, "Nobody runs away from William Cooper."

A muffled scream was heard from the corner her apartment, and she instantly recognized the voice, but decided to play it cool. She straightened her back and stretched her neck a bit to seem in control, while inside she was terrified. "What was that?" She asked coolly.

Ella Mitchell was cast from the man's arms and onto the floor with a pitiful wail. Her face was bloodied and beaten beyond the point of recognition, her hair matted with dried blood and tears. Lauren's stomach dropped at the sight of her sister in such a state, and she fell to her knees beside her gently moving the hair from her face. Ella's eyes opened as much as they could to see Lauren crying over her.

"El, can you hear me?" Her voice wavered as she spoke intimately to her sister. "I'm so sorry."

"The twins."

Lauren's eyes darted around the room in panic, "Where are they?" She looked at William, who held no remorse for the girl on the floor's condition, his arms hanging loosely by his sides. His eyes were watching the wall, as they always did. "Where are they, Will?!"

"There's a condition for you knowing their whereabouts."

A painful groan tore through Ella's chest, and caused Lauren's heart to clench. "I'll do whatever it is, just give them to me."

"You'll have to come with me," William stated happily. "And never leave. If you do, I'll make sure these three are killed."

Lauren's hand went from her jacket pocket to her sisters hand secretly, placing a familiar card into the sleeve of her jacket gingerly. Still on her knees she stared at the person she most hated and nodded, "Fine. If that's what it takes I'll do it, but just know that Joe is going to hunt you down, Will. He'll hunt you to the end and kill you."

"Oh, I don't think he will."

Joe's head hung low, his shoulders hunched in shame as he walked forward. Lauren's eyes widened in disbelief.

"Joe," she whispered. "You did this?" She pointed to William and Paulie, "You helped them put your own family in danger?"

"I did what I had to," he stated. "I couldn't help it."

"Couldn't help it?!" She roared angrily. "You could've been a man and stood up for your family! Died for them!" She hands shook with rage, "Do you even know where your kids are now? If they're safe?"

"Come on, we're leaving," William grabbed her by the back of her neck. "Ella stays here. Say your goodbyes, Laura- you'll never see her again."

She clamored to her sister, bending down to her ear and whispering her plan to her. "Make sure you call him. Tell him everything." She was never one for theatrics Lauren decided that now was the time to try, "I love you, Ella!" She turned and began to pound on William's chest. "Please, please let me go, let me stay with her!"

"It's time to go."

Image

Ryder and Katie Mitchell were scared of the dark, they always had been. But Ryder felt the responsibility to take care of his sister, even if she was older than him by two minutes. His chubby little fingers wrapped around her hand and squeezed tightly. Exactly the way his Mom used to make him feel better when he was scared.

"Shhh, Katie, it's will come get us."

The little girl's wails echoed in the small room and she lay her head on her brother's shoulder. "Are you sure, Ryder?"

"Yeah, she'd never leave us. She promised, remember?"

"Uh-huh," she sniffed. She wrapped her arms around his waist and pulled herself closer to him. "I'm sorry for taking your toy, Ryder. I didn't mean to break it."

He lay his head onto hers. "S'okay, I never liked it that much anyway."

Image
Ella lay on the floor in complete and utter misery as she watched them throw her sister around like a rag doll. She closed her eyes tightly and began to pray, just like their mother hardwired them to do when they were children. She was careful not to crush the card Lauren had placed in her possession, and waited for the opportune time to call.

After they roughed her up a bit, William and Paulie took Lauren away. She heard them talk about going into the city, because no one would expect them to stay within Illinois after they kidnapped the woman.

She pushed herself from the ground with the little strength she had left, and grasped the phone that lay on the table. With nimble fingers she dialed the number, already sobbing into the phone.

A man's sleepy voice picked up the phone, "Voight."

"The took her," she cried lightly. "They took Lauren. She said to call you."

She heard cloth rubbing against the phone as he began to move. "Who's this?"

"Her sister. I'm at her apartment, I need a hospital."

Image
He promised he'd be there as quickly as possible, and called his fellow detectives to inform them. He bypassed Justin's room and headed straight to the door, making sure to lock it before he left. His drive was one made of pure haste, but he was still careful, he knew to be after his years on the force.

When he arrived at the apartment, he burst through the door and quickly carried the woman down to his vehicle. Chicago Medical Center had seen many abused women, just as he had, but to know that Lauren was out there with the same men that done this weighed heavy on his mind.

What have you done?
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: Voight's feeling the blame for Lauren's disappearance. How will Justin feel about this whole fiasco? Only time will tell! I just couldn't help myself with the sibling moment in the middle! Ryder's a sweetheart, don't you think? Leave me some reviews, my lovely readers!