Status: Completed!

Wasted

Good Man

The morning sun filtered through the window, landing on Justin's tanned face, gradually rousing him from his slumber. His eyelids began to flutter and he opened his dry mouth to yawn. He stretched against his bed, instantly inhaling the smell of scrambled eggs and sausage. He rubbed his hands over his face as if to wipe the sleep away, and sat up scratching at his stomach.

He listened to muffled voices outside the door, and remembered the girl he found in his shower the night before.

Not too bad of a sight.

His ears perked up at his father's deep voice, which seemed to travel further with each syllable he spoke. He listened closely as a woman's husky, sleep filled response shot back, earning a hidden grin from the boy in his room. He raised from the bed, throwing his blanket into the corner of his room.

He gave one more large stretch, just for the added comfort, and began opened his door. The smell of the awaiting breakfast became more pungent, causing his mouth to water in anticipation. He ambled leisurely toward the kitchen, his arms crossed loosely against his chest.

He heard Lauren yawn dramatically and smiled, she didn't seem to be a morning person. When he caught sight of her, he leaned against the bar, a small smile on his face, and watched her work.

When she leaned across the stove to grab the pepper he jumped at the chance to stare at her ample behind. He grinned in appreciation as the tight pajama pants she wore held no stretch as she pushed further, wiggling her fingers to extend a bit further.

"Smells good," he complimented, biting back a laugh as she jerked her hand away from the stove, turning to him with a glare. It was then he took note of the black rimmed glasses that adorned her flustered face. She had her hand on her heaving chest, her feet planted wide to keep her balance.

"D'you really have to do that?" She asked lowly, pointing the spatula at him. "Start stomping when you get close, you're like a freakin' ghost."

He shrugged his shoulders simply, "I'm light on my feet."

"Yeah, I've noticed," she growled, turning back to the task at hand.

"It really does smell good, though," he told her again. "Hope you made enough for me."

She nodded and turned slightly to glance at him, "I told your dad to eat, but he said he had something to take care of."

"Yeah, he does that a lot," Justin exhaled loudly, causing a contagious yawn to overtake Lauren. "You'd better get used to it now."

He pulled the lusciously padded stool and sat down, eager for the company of the cooking redhead. He watched her take a generous drink of steaming coffee, still watching the food. "So, you're staying with us now?"

"Yeah," she scooped the eggs onto a plate and flipped the sizzling sausage. "I hope I'm not imposing."

Justin huffed and drawled his words out longer than usual. "If you cook like this every morning you can stay here forever."

"I'll remember that," she chuckled and moved toward the toaster when she heard the bread pop out. She put together a plate for him and sat it in front of him softly. "Eat up."

"Thank you," he grinned. He watched as she placed her plate onto the bar beside his and climbed onto the extra stool. He stabbed some of the fluffy eggs with his fork and sighed as he took a large bite. She had added some cheese into her recipe.

"So," he began between mouthfuls, "why'd you move in?"

Her eyes found interest in the napkin she held, and she began to twirl it around her fingers. "Well, I have some trouble with my ex-husband."

"You're married?"

She snorted angrily, "No. My ex-husband. Ex," she stressed. "I was married." He poured two glasses of juice as he continued to listen. "I've moved twice, three counting this time, and he keeps finding me."

"Well don't worry about that," he smiled reassuringly, "Dad has a record of protecting those who let him."

She nodded, "He's a good man."

Justin stared at her, somehow feeling drawn to the simple way she spoke to him. He'd missed having a normal conversation with someone- talking of life, not drugs, jail or the army. Unconsciously, he moved closer to her, feeling comfort in her presence.

"Yeah, he is."

Image

Hank Voight sat in his vehicle, listening intently as the two continued their conversation. He sighed and shook his head angrily.

I told her Justin's off limits.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally some Justin/Lauren time! And a huge thanks for everyone who's viewing this! It honestly makes my day.
Now, onto the story! Do you think Hank will change his opinion regarding the two? How'd you feel about him eavesdropping? Leave it below!