Starstruck

Arms and Jealousy

"How did filming go yesterday?" Sidney asked as he hugged Shannon. This time he was able to hug her with both arms.

"It went really well!" She smiled. "It was so much fun."

"That's good." Sidney sat back on the small black couch in his apartment.

"Hows your arm?" Shannon asked.

"So much better than before, but it's feels weak and sore."

"That's still good though." Shannon smiled.

"Guess so." Sidney said. "But it does mean something not so good." Shannon looked down at her feet. It meant Sidney had to leave.

"Yeah." Shannon whispered. She and Sidney had never been official. She was probably just some cross country hook up that he was using to kill time before he went back to his real home.

"I'll miss you." Sidney folded his hands. He didn't know what to say to her. Did she still want to talk to him after he left? They had never talked about this. He assumed that it was because she didn't want to talk to him after he left.

"I'll miss you too." Shannon replied. She was waiting for him to tell her that he didn't want to leave her. She wanted so badly for him to ask her to come with him. At the very least, tell her that he loved her. He said nothing. Shannon picked up her bag up off the floor by the couch. "I have to go." She said as she stood up and walked out.

Shannon sat down and rested her head on the steering wheel of her car and groaned in frustration. Why couldn't Sidney just tell her he didn't want to leave her? Did she really mean nothing to him? He sure as hell meant something to her. She let a few tears fall before she wiped her eyes with her hands and pulled out of her parking spot on the street.
.........................................................................................................

Sidney watched Shannon pull away from his window. Why did she want to leave so quickly? He really didn't want to leave her but she was being kind of weird. Like when she left today. He rested his head against the window. Why did he have to leave so quickly? Why couldn’t they have more time together?

Sidney sat down and started packing up his things. He didn’t tell Shannon, but he had to leave in a day. His coach wanted him back and doing physical therapy in Pittsburgh. He groaned as he fell back on to his bed. What was he going to do.
........................................................................................................

“Shannon!” Chelsea called. “Lets go!” She was waving her hand out of the door to their private plane. “We’re going to be late!”

“We're going to be fine.” Catherine mumbled as she looked at Shannon. “So not even a text?”

“No.” Shannon replied. “And I don’t want to talk about it.”She picked up her purse and walked to the plane.” She sat down and Chelsea, flanked by Alice, began reading her itinerary. Shannon sighed and ignored her. This event would be like every other one. Hotel, hair makeup, dress, car ride, pictures, talking to people, eating, talking to more people, then going back to the hotel.

“Sound good?” Chelsea smiled at her.

“Yes.” Shannon smiled back. “Where am I staying?”

“Four Seasons.” She smiled. “Presidential Suite.”

“Nice.” Shannon looked at her phone. Still no word from Sidney. She turned her phone off in frustration. She wouldn't need it tonight anyway.
...............................................................................................

“This dress is huge.” Shannon said as she looked at herself in the mirror. “But it is sexy.” She grinned at herself in the black ballgown with the plunging v-neck that stopped right where her abs started. The top was two triangles with spaghetti straps, then where the v-neck stopped, the dress flowed out into a princess skirt. The outfit was finished off with a sleek low updo and big crystal earrings.

“You look so good.” Catherine laughed. “We have to make the best dressed list again.”

“I really want to.” Shannon smiled. She glanced down at her phone. She still clung to it even though it was turned off. She frowned and threw it down on the couch even though every single piece of her body begged her to pick it back up. “No.” She chastised herself quietly, as there was no one else in the room. She picked up her clutch and walked out, leaving her phone on the couch in her bedroom.

She walked into the hall as her whole makeup and hair team smiled and watched. “I’m ready to go.” She grinned. She was going to forget about Sidney tonight.
.............................................................................

“Shannon!”

“Ms. Burns, look this way!” Shannon smiled despite the camera flashes burning her eyes. She walked away from the paparazzi to mingle with the other people at the gala.

“Shan!”

“Oh Lord.” Shannon covered her face with her hand. “Why tonight?” She mumbled.

“Shannon! Its so good to see you.” Timothy said in in suave Spanish accent as he walked over and greeted her with a kiss on each cheek.

“Tim, its been so long.” She replied with fake enthusiasm.

“Come in with me.” He smiled. “I’m pretty sure we’re at the same table.”

“Awesome.” She whispered sarcastically.

“What?” He looked down at her.

“Nothing.” She smiled sweetly. She saw him frown as he lead her up the stairs and into the Met. They stopped on the stairs in and posed for more pictures. Shannon could see the headlines about her and Tim getting back together. Getting back with Tim was the last thing she wanted, but frankly, she hoped those headlines would come out and that Sidney would see them. The thought of making Sidney jealous made her grin like she enjoyed being with Tim.