Starstruck

Games and Fame

“And now your Pittsburgh Penguins!” The announcer called. Shannon sat in the front row next to Veronique Fleury and Erin Orpik. She had become close with them over the last two weeks.

“I’m so excited that you’re here!” Erin exclaimed as she grabbed Shannon’s arm.

“I know!” Shannon laughed. “I’m so happy Sidney is playing again. It makes him so happy.”

“The husbands are happy when they’re healthy and playing.” Veronique added.

“I agree.” Erin smiled.

“Me too.” Shannon replied. “Except I’m not married.”

“Yet.” Erin laughed. A woman in the seats behind Erin, Veronique, and Shannon tapped Shannon on the shoulder.

“Will you take a picture with my daughter during the first intermission?” The woman asked after Shannon turned around.

“Sure.” Shannon smiled. She turned around to keep watching the game.

“I forget you’re famous.” Erin smiled. “And that’s a compliment.”

“Thanks.” Shannon smiled. “I hope you don’t mind if y’all show up in TMZ tomorrow.” She smoothed out her brand new Crosby jersey. “I’m kind of making our relationship official.”

“We’re going to be famous by association!” Veronique laughed.

"We'll be the people that give anonymous statements about you to those magazines." Erin added.

"Only good things though." Shannon laughed.

"Of course!" The girls replied.