Starstruck

Ellen and A New Appartment

Shannon woke up to, as she expected, both Alice and Chelsea leaning over her bed. Alice handed her a coffee as she sat up. “Shower up, girl!” Chelsea grinned. “You’re going on Ellen today!” Shannon jumped out of bed.

“Ellen?” She exclaimed. “The Ellen?” Chelsea nodded.

“I’ve gotta shower!” Shannon shouted. She ran to the bathroom and started pulling bobby pins out of her ratty hair. She attempted to brush some hairspray out, but gave up almost immediately and just got in the shower. She washed everything out as best as she could then got out of the shower and put on a robe to meet Michael and Catherine who were coming in to get her ready for Ellen.

She sat down in the makeup chair while Michael blow dried and worked his magic on her hair. She pulled out her phone and looked through the celebrity news. She immediately recognized her dress from last night. She was in love with that dress, and had been saving it for a really big occasion, like the Oscars. Her dress was white and hugged her curves until just above her knees when it flared out. It was longsleeve, gold, and completely covered in sparkles.

For the first time in weeks she was making headlines for good reasons. She had made the best dressed list on E! She jumped up, “Catherine! Catherine!” Shannon was jumping. “We’re on E!’s best dressed list!”

“Omigosh!” Catherine ran over and grabbed Shannon’s hands. “What number?”

“Three!” She smiled. “Behind Lupita and Kate Hudson, but those are like givens!”

“Yeah.” Catherine said. “They looked pretty fab.”

“Sit back down and finish your hair and get dressed so we can go!” Chelsea yelled at Shannon.

“Geeze!” Shannon laughed as she sat back down in her chair. Michael straightened her hair, and Catherine dressed her in a short grey dress and a pink necklace and pink shoes.

Shannon pulled out her phone and texted Sidney on her way to the taping. She had so much fun the night before, but now she was running on coffee and like three hours of sleep. That would probably hit her like halfway through her interview. She smiled to herself because she knew last night was worth being tired.
..........................................................................................

“So how many times did you get carded last night?” Ellen asked. “I’m being completely serious.” Shannon grinned.

“Constantly!” She laughed. “I’ve just always been really small and I guess I look young to people but I swear I’m twenty-three.”

“Well you do have a young face.” She replied. “We all hate you for it.” Shannon laughed. “But here’s a new subject entirely, how did you celebrate?”

“I went to the Governor's Ball. It was fantastic with John Legend. Then I changed in my hotel room, but I couldn’t sleep so I went to a diner in my messy hair and makeup, well they had become messy throughout the night they were nice on the carpet, and sweatpants. I stayed in the diner until four when I snuck home.”

“So you slept for like an hour then came here.” Ellen smiled “Sounds wonderful.”

“Anything for you, Ellen.” Shannon grinned. “You hosted a great show last night.”

“Did you get any of my pizza?” She asked.

“No.” Shannon frowned. “I was scared to spill.”

“Spilling on yourself would’ve been very unfortunate.”

“Yeah, I know.” Shannon replied. “I was also sitting next to my stylist who would’ve definitely strangled me on the spot if I ruined my dress.”

“In that case, I am extra happy that you did not get pizza.” Ellen smiled. “Well, thank you for being with us today.”

“Thank you for having me.” Shannon waved out to the audience.

“I hope you go home and sleep for a while.”

“Me too!”

The cameras panned out while Ellen and Shannon hugged and exchanged a few words before the producer finally yelled, “Cut!” People swarmed the set. They moved things around for whoever was coming next, and they touch up Ellen’s hair and makeup so they could tape and edit the rest of the show in time for it to air at three.

“Thanks for coming on, Shannon.” Ellen said. “Now please go sleep before you come off that caffeine high and pass out here.”

“No problem.” Shannon laughed. “I’ll see you soon.” Alice lead Shannon out to the green room, then out to their car which took them to Shannon’s apartment in L.A.

“I’ll see you later, Shannon.” Alice said as Shannon got out of the car.

“Bye.” Shannon said. She was ready to pass out as she stepped into the elevator that brought her up to her duplex apartment. She laid down on the couch as soon as she got inside as passed out.
................................................................

Sidney woke up to his phone alarm going off at ten o’clock. He didn’t get a ton of sleep, because of how uncomfortable it was to sleep with the sling. He got up and awkwardly changed using only one arm, then packed up the rest of his things. Today he was checking out of his hotel and into a small furnished apartment he rented for the month.

He got into a car he had waiting for him, and the driver brought him over to his temporary new home. He dropped his bag in the hall and checked the place out. He sat down on the couch and started scrolling through his phone. He had a new message. His phone didn’t recognize the number. He hoped it was Shannon.

hey its Shan

He had gotten the message at seven this morning. How did she manage getting up that early? He decided to respond.

how the heck did you manage to be up at 7?

He put his phone in his pocket and decided to check out his apartment. The living room with a couch and tv was attached to the kitchen. He walked over to the kitchen. There was a doorway next to it. It lead to the bedroom. One of his friends was going to mail him all of his stuff that he would need for the month. He sat down on his bed and looked at his phone.

when I heard Ellen I perked right up. I’m going to sleep now but we should make plans soon

Sidney smiled to himself as he read the text. Maybe this wouldn’t be as bad as he thought it would.