Starstruck

Wacko's and Accents

“So ice skating is out.” Shannon started. “Lets go somewhere special.” She put her keys in the ignition of her white four door Jeep. She hadn’t driven it in a while, but the top was down, the sun was out, and she was ready to go. Sidney got into the seat next to her.

“Like what?" He asked.

"Like the walk of fame!" She exclaimed. "No! We're going to Wacko's Soap Plant!"

"Wacko's what?"

"Oh it's great!" She smiled. "They have tons of stuff you never knew you needed until you went it. Its just fun to look around. How do I look?” Shannon slid some black sunglasses over her eyes.

“Like you had a quiet night in.” He laughed.

“Good.” She nodded.
.....................

"This is a junk store on steroids." Sidney said as he looked around the brightly colored store. There were walls of action figures and collectible toys and weird cell phone cases and t shirts. There was furniture and home decor and jewelry. Nothing there was normal. It was all brightly colored and fuzzy or glittery or animal printed.

"Yeah. I know it's great." She smiled as she ran off into the maze of trinkets. Sidney smiled and followed her.

"So what are we looking for here?" He asked.

"We're just looking." She said. “Remember Catherine?”

“How could I not?” He asked as he followed her lead as they looked through the store.

“She was telling me all about you the other day.” She smiled.

“Oh really?” Sidney raised his eyebrow. “Is she a fan?”

“Try creep with an iPhone.” Sidney laughed.

“So what’d you learn?” He asked.

“You broke your jaw last year.”

“Yeah.” He frowned. “That was not fun.”

“You also speak French.” She smiled.

“Oui!” He responded. Shannon laughed.

“You say ‘aboot’ instead of about.” She grinned.

“Do not.” He said.

“Do too.” She smiled. “I listened for it.”

“Its an accent. I can’t help it”

“Its a funny accent.” She smiled.

“Whatever you say.” He pulled her in for a one armed hug and kissed her on the forehead. “So what are you doing about this ex boyfriend predicament.”

“Waiting for it to blow over.” Sidney sighed.

“Thats it?”

“It’ll be fine.” Shannon replied as Sidney raised his eyebrow. “I swear.”

“Okay.” He smiled.
.......................................................

“So I’ll see you Wednesday?” Shannon asked as Sidney was turning to leave her apartment.

“Yeah.” He smiled. “I will be without stitches and a sling.”

“So you’ll be more fun?”

“I’m fun right now.” He laughed.

“Eh.” She smiled and buried her face in his chest as she hugged him goodbye. “Good luck with your stitches.”

“Good luck with your tv show.” He kissed her quickly as he left. Shannon’s heart beat quickly as she closed the door behind her. SHe leaned her back against it and sunk to the floor. She closed her eyes and sighed. She really did like that boy.