Starstruck

Nashville and Babydolls

So don't let me sleep
I've got a promise to keep
You will be on my mind
Saying "be strong in this fight"
Carrying me through these troubled times
So wake me up in Nashville 'cause it's where I want to be
And I will meet you on the platform at 3:15
And I will look into your eyes in the fading Autumn lights
Wake me up in Nashville
Let me hold you tonight

Well I'm pulling into Nashville
And that's where I want to be
I've got 15 seconds 'till I see you
And I'll hold you tenderly
And he says "Sir you must wake i've made a terrible mistake"
Well now it's 4am you said on you I could depend
From Pensacola onto journey's end

So wake me up in Nashville 'cause it's where I want to be
And I will meet you on the platform at 3:15
And I will look into your eyes in the fading Autumn lights
Wake me up in Nashville
Let me hold you tonight
(written and sung by Sam Palladio)

Shannon closed her eyes as the last notes of the song played through her headphones in the recording booth. She waited for the “recording” sign to turn off as she took of her headphones. The sign went dark and she left the booth.

“That was perfect.” The producer said as Shannon walked over to the mix table.

“Awesome.” She smiled. Clare Bowen smiled at her from the couch. She was the only other girl in the studio today.

“Thats a wrap on Daisy Howe.” The producer said. “See you tomorrow to film.” He shook Shannon’s hand. Daisy was Shannon’s character on Nashville.

“Thank you.” Shannon smiled. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” She walked over to the couch where Clare was sitting.

“See you tomorrow!” Clare squeezed her hand.

“I’m so excited.” Shannon grinned.
....................................................................................................................

Season 3
Episode 1, Scene 4
Bluebird Cafe
Avery sees Daisy singing onstage. He hasn’t seen her in years. He debates leaving as he makes eye contacts with her. She stares into his eyes and decides to sit down. Daisy makes her way to Avery’s table after she has finished singing and putting away her guitar. There are few people in the cafe because it is late.

Daisy Howe: she is reserved Hi.

Avery Barkley: Hey. he looks up at her then down at the chair, inviting her to sit with him That song was about me.

DH: I’ve always been good at guilt writing. she looks down to avoid his gaze I never really told you what happened with that did I?

AB: You left me and I never heard from you again. he looks into her eyes That hurt.

DH: I know, and I hated myself everyday for it. I missed you so much.

flashback begins
Airport in Texas
Daisy is standing with her mother and father, Lillian and Jonathan Howe. She is obviously distraught.

DH: What did you do? she is staring at her father in disbelief

Jonathan Howe: I changed your flight. You’re either going to California or to your grandmother’s house in Oklahoma. You’re not going to Nashville.

DH: You promised I could go. I’m a good singer. I can do this.

JH: You’re going to med school.

DH: Mom?

Lillian Howe: I agree with your father. Daisy begins to cry

DH: I hate you both so much. Daisy picks up her bags and walks to board her plane

LH: Good luck, baby!

DH: Go to hell, Mom! she stops waking and turns around You too. she stares straight at her father

back to the cafe scene

DH: I was eighteen. I didn’t know what to do. she idly twists her hair

AB: So you’re a doctor?

DH: I never showed up at Stanford.

AB: You just didn’t go? he laughs That’s so like you.

DH: she looks into Avery’s eyes. I’m so sorry. her eyes start to fill with tears

AB: You left me here waiting for you. I thought you we're coming. You never even called.

DH: I know. It broke my heart to leave you.

AB: You tore mine to pieces. Daisy looks down to avoid his stare I should go. he stands up and starts to walk past Daisy I ha-

DH: Daisy grabs his hand as he walks past Don’t leave. she looks into his eyes I missed you.

AB: Daisy, I have a girlfriend now. Daisy lets go of his hand and looks down in embarrassment

DH: Bye. said softly as Avery leaves
......................................................................................

Shannon swayed barefoot in her lace babydoll dress as she waited on the set for someone to tell her what to do. She had learned that it was a good way to handle things on set. Connie Britton came over and stood next to her. “How’d your scene go?” She asked.

“It went well. I like Johnathan.”

“Please honey, call him Johnny. He likes it better.” She laughed.

“Okay.” She smiled as someone from makeup came over and touched her up. “Looks like I’m n again in a second.”

“Scene six! With Avery, Daisy, and Juliette! I need you all on now!” The director called as the crew members rushed around lighting the set for the new scene. Shannon smiled at Connie as she headed over to start her scene.