Status: yOoOo

Faceless

prologue

In my case, I think it's important to remember that I'm an only child and before my experience, I was used to having everything just the way I wanted. Looking back now, I've realised I was probably what a lot of people would think of as a brat.
I reckon this is natural ground for someone who has grown up without any brothers or sisters. You've never had to share your toys or play nice with anyone, so when you start school and sharing and playing nice are part of the rules, it's a swift change to say the least.

I don't like change.

I'm a lot like my dad that way; I prefer having a set routine to follow. A lot of his characteristics rubbed off on me, in fact, because neither of us are fans of sharing our things and we've both been told that we aren't very good at playing nice. He's an only child too, so I guess it's just a side effect of spending your youth, more or less, on your own. No one to play with when you're little, no one to talk to when you get older. Having a 'best friend' isn't the same, regardless of what people might tell you, because I reckon you need to think of a best friend a lot like you would a pet. Not in the sense of taking them for a walk or cleaning up after them, but you need to make an effort with them and put their feelings first and treat them the way you want to be treated. I've been told, by people who have them, that siblings are different entirely. You could punch them until they were black and blue and call them every rude name imaginable (I'm not saying you should do this, just that you COULD. If you really wanted to.) and nothing would change the fact that they still need to go home with you at the end of the day. Any other person would hate you after this, even if you explained to them later on that you'd been having a really terrible time and needed to vent your anger. They probably wouldn't speak to you after that, and in doing so would start a chain reaction where everyone else would think you were violent and horrible which would prompt their mothers to tell them to stay away from you and you'd be left all by yourself. No friends, no siblings, nobody. I can't think of anything worse.

Nowadays, I try my hardest to be as honest as possible so I'm not going to bother sugar coating the facts; I was popular in school. People liked me. They always had done, ever since I could remember. I don't know what it was, but I had never been the one without a person to sit with on a school trip. There was always someone offering a spare seat. I didn't have just one special friend like a lot of people do but I did have, more or less, a class of people who found me interesting or funny or whatever. I was popular. No one could deny it.

And like eating too much chocolate can make you fat, popularity can turn a lot of people into things they swore they'd never become. It can make them do nasty, hurtful things just for the purpose of bringing themselves up. I know this. I've been there.

Don't be so quick to judge, though. Just because I was popular didn't mean I was a bully. I was never downright nasty to anyone. I knew I could be blunt sometimes, and I liked to call things as I seen them, but I don't think that made me too much of a horrible person. I didn't go around hurting feelings for the sake of it. The only one I was ever properly mean to was myself.

I was a lot of negative things back then. Bitter, selfish, maybe a little bit unhappy, and jealous. Definitely jealous. In fact, my jealousy is what brought me here.

I recently came across a television show by the name of Catfish, centred around people who use fake photographs and give out false information about themselves online with the intention of deceiving people into a romantic relationship. Within the first few minutes of watching this rubbish, I found myself beginning to get angry. How could anyone be so stupid? I immediately felt guilty for being a hypocrite, but I still think I had a valid point. Knowing what I know now, I can honestly say that the internet is not something to play around with. It can cause a lot of damage. Damage beyond what you ever thought could be inflicted. You can be scammed out of money, or bullied, or lied to, or maybe even--

I'm getting carried away, aren't I? Rushing into things.

Dear Melanie; I'm sorry. I truly am. I didn't mean for things to end up this way. I didn't. Really. You were always so nice to everyone, you were one of those people who deserved everything good. I never wanted to hurt you. If you're reading this, give me some kind of sign that you believe me. Something, anything that'll make me feel less like a monster.

As you've probably sussed, this isn't the beginning, but I think it's a pretty good place to start..
♠ ♠ ♠
This was based from a creepypasta I read a while ago called 'Those Eyes', the films 'Megan is Missing' and 'Trust', and not to mention Catfish: The Show! I don't own any of those things just in case you thought otherwise. No promises for updates, I wrote the first draft of this yesterday when I should have been in woodwork but I edited a lot and fixed the bits which weren't too good. I'm sorry if the popularity thing doesn't work out too well, I've never been popular so I don't really know what's it like. Woah, this is a long ass note. Please review! I alwaaaays return em :)