Status: (: Original fiction! :) -CJ

Obstacles

Introduction of a Seventh Grader

Silky, yet scratchy. The fabric slithered through my thumb and forefinger. Why did women even bother to buy these clothes? How could uncomfortable make someone pretty, fashionable?

Cousin Suzie had once again dragged me to the menacing place called the mall. The mall was great for food and videogames, but a man of my perspective couldn't handle stepping into a clothing store. That was a no-man's-land area, auite literally.

While Cousin Suzie tried on a hundred pairs of dresses and shoes, I did what any man would do: snoop. I started with the skirts. Why do you need these? I moved onto heels (which I regrettably and shamefully tried on). How could anyone wear those? I ended in the dresses.

The dresses varied I colors, shapes, and designs. The tags were labeled with Calvin Klein and other 'widely' known fashion designers.

And what is the occasion to which my cousin would need a dress? She needed it for a date.

I never really understood what exactly a date resembles. Two people would go out for entertainment to talk about life. That's like everyday school life for me. Besides, the two people didn't have to be dating before or after the date. The only reason I could think of the reason for naming it was because it landed on a certain date (example: May twenty-first). It was a really stupid excuse of a name of an event.

Anyways, Suzie ended up getting the same dress and shoes that she had picked when we had gotten here. It took her twent minutes to waste more time that I will never get back!

'Oh, shut up, Todd! It has to be perfect!' Cousin Suzie told me when we were in the car headed to my house.

'I really do not see how you can bear those uncomfortable heels!' I exclaimed.

'What the hell, Todd? Did you try them on, you pervert?' Suzie asked.

To her, everything I did was perverted, from videogames to reading to eating soup.

'Do you blame me for being curious, Sooz?'

'I damn as well do!'

The rest of the car ride was exhausted from conversation of my pervesion. What had I done wrong? Curiosity had gotten the best of me.

'Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!' Suzie yelled.

'What is it?' I asked.

'We ran out of gas, you little shit!'

Suzie was not a very nice person. I had no idea how anyone would want to go on a date with her. I was only in seventh grade, and she yelled cuss words at me like a sailor.

And then we ended up on the side of the road with no gas, money, or cellular phones.
♠ ♠ ♠
Introduction of a Seventh Grader.-CJ