Status: (: Original fiction! :) -CJ

Obstacles

Bucket List Plus One

'Has your drunken state worn off yet?' Katelyn asked me as we sat on the curb off Main Street.

The weather was freezing, but with my army jacket, I didn't mind.

'I think my hangover just started,' I told her.

'Aren't your parents worried you are out so late?'

'If they are, I wish they'd send a postcard from wherever the hell they went.'

'Oh, I am sorry.'

'Don't be. What kind of parent drops their kid off at their sister's and then heads out to who the hell knows where?'

'I suppose no decent parent.'

'Was it wrong?'

'Huh?'

'Was it wrong to kiss you?'

'It wasn't wrong. You were under the influence of beer. People do crazy stuff when that happens. I, however, was not drunk. Not the least bit.'

'Oh.'

'You do not seem to talk much. You are such a sociopath.'

'You are right. I don't to anyone much. Talk, I mean.'

'Me neither. There's Viper and the gang and Max. You are the exception.'

'What do you mean?'

'I was forced upon Viper and his crew.'

'By who?'

'Myself.'

'Why?'

'You would not understand until you know me.'

'What kind of exception am I?'

'A green, warty one.'

'Haha, very funny!'

We sat for a while, watching the moon reflect the sun's light and light up the night sky.

'Do you want make a bucket list?'

'A what?'

'A bucket list. It's a list of things you want to do before you kick the bucket.'

'Why would I want to kick the bucket, Ross?'

'Damn it, Toad. You are unintelligent. Before you die, moron!'

'Oh. Okay.'

We got up, and she dragged me to her house. Before I progress, let me say nothing sexual will happen at Katelyn's house.

'How do we make this so-called bucket list?'

'Toad, we write a list.'

'Makes sense with the name and all.'

'I would hope so. Now here's you a paper and a pen.'

I steered clear from pens most of my life because they never worked out for me.

'Okay.'

We started writing. I glanced at Katelyn's paper, but it was covered by her arm and tilted head over it.

'You 'bout done?'

I shook myself out of the trance I was in.

'Yeah, yeah, sure.'

She grabbed my paper.

'What the hell? "Play and complete fifty videogames"?'

'I want to do that.'

'A bucket list is 'bout meaning and purpose. NOT letting yer testosterone loose while kicking ninja warriors' asses!'

'What do you mean?'

She handed me her paper.

"Bucket List. . . 1)Major in Philosophy. 2)Meet My Favorite Author. 3) Properly Sing Along to that Stupid Japanese Song. 4) . . ."

The list went on and on with things like "master kung fu" (number 17) and "kiss a dolphin's nose" (number twenty-six).

'Major in philosophy?' I questioned.

'Max always wanted to do it with me, but . . .' She trailed off.

'Ross, who's Max?'

'I believe it's time that you meet Maxwell Ross. Come with me.'

And I never knew that the most emotional state I'd see Katelyn in was coming so quickly. I never knew after a day of actually knowing her that I would already see her in tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bucket List Plus One.-CJ (; (: *: