What Waits Within the Shadows

The year, sometime in the distant future. Its been years since the world torn itself apart. Man killing Man. Nation killing nation. A full world war developed across the globe. nukes and radiation fell from the sky, only those lucky or cursed survived. Survivors who buried themselves deep enough under the ground, trying to out last the war. They didn't know what was truly happening on the surface. After the last bomb fell , last bullet was shot, the world came to a stand still to realize what they have done. What they have created. Radiation filled the sky creating new green house gases trapped in the ozone. Soon after that everything started to change. The underground survivors came to the surface to see there new environment. First came the plants. People thought they were just over grown flowers. Until they got too close and shifted the hairs on the back of the plants causing a reaction which ended with a hand or two being sucked inside the plant. Other people weren’t so lucky , being totally consumed and devoured by the plants. Then came the beasts. People didn’t know it if was some kind of experiment that got loose or if a portal opened up and released them into our world. All they knew was they were here , they came fast , and they weren’t afraid of people. Some were tiny , the size of cats with sharp claws and swift movements making them harder to kill. Others various sizes and shapes but just as scary and deadly. They were cloaked with the night, making them almost totally invisible with ravenous hunger they started to consume towns then cities. Making feasts out of any who tried to resist. Pockets of people started to gather forces. Fighting back the creatures and driving them back . It created a constant battle for territory. One wrong move, one second not fast enough and that could just be the distraction they needed to penetrate the boundaries and breach the wall. People didn’t know where they came from but they knew they have to survive. They have to fight back .
  1. Every Second Counts
    Beginning of the adventure
  2. Things Come Crashing Down
    oh no !