‹ Prequel: More Than This

Over Again

10

I woke up again at noon to text messages from Harry.

Come video chat.

I want to tell everyone about our engagement together on video chat.

You lazy bum.

Baileyyyy.

I sighed at Harry’s constant impatience and swung my legs over the side of the bed, getting up and making my way to the living room, where my laptop was.

I laughed when I saw El already sprawled out on the couch on my laptop.

“Do you ever go home?” I asked.

“Yay! You’re awake! I was just about to go get you up!” El cheered. I sighed and plopped down next to her on the couch, looking at the laptop screen.

It was oovoo so multiple people could talk at once, and the boys were in one box, Perrie in another, and Alanna in another.

“Finally, you lazy person!” Harry said.

I flipped him off.

Everyone laughed and then Perrie spoke.

“We’ve gotta go play our show soon, so what’s up?” She asked.

I looked at Harry on the camera and gestured for him to talk, but Louis spoke up.

“Oh, hell no, if we’re on a time crunch, Haz is not telling the story!” Louis yelled.

I started laughing and Louis’ bluntness. He had a point. That boy could not talk in a timely manner.

“Hey!” Harry whined, dragging out the y. I laughed and looked at my friends.

“For some reason, I agreed to marry the curly haired loser.” I announced, looking at my friends.

They were all silent for a minute, and I looked back and forth at them.

“Wait, really?” Niall asked.

“Yes?” I replied, but it came out more like a question.

Everyone cheered then and I smiled, watching my friends hug Harry as El threw her arm around me.

“So who’s going to be your maid of honor?” She asked, smirking. I shrugged.

“I’ll just have to have three. It’ll be like Jesse on Full House.”

Everyone stared at me blankly.

“Wait, please tell me you’ve seen Full House??” I looked around at my friends and sighed. “How am I even friends with you people? El, we’re watching Full House today.”

Everyone laughed and said their goodbyes, and El shut the laptop.

“Are we really watching Full House?” She asked. I smiled.

“Yeah, we are, until I have to go.” I got up and grabbed the remote or the TV, turning it on.

“Oh, right, you’re going to your meeting tonight right?” I nodded once. The girls were staying at Liam’s parent’s house overnight, so we had the house to ourselves.

I put on an episode of Full House and we started to watch it.

xxx


After watching multiple episodes of Full House, it was time for me to leave for the meeting. I got up and showered and changed, then bid goodbye to El, walking out the door and toward the center.

I looked at the outside of the building and took a deep breath, actually going inside this time.

The man who told me his story last time was sitting in the room, surrounded by other people. He gave me a smile when I walked in.

“You actually decided to come in this time! Welcome! I’m Fred.”

I smiled faintly back and sat down in a chair, waving to everyone.

“Hi, I’m Bailey.” I said softly.

“Well, Bailey, since you’re already talking, why don’t you start? Why are you here?”

I closed my eyes and counted to ten.

“I uh-“ I ran a hand through my hair. “I lost my sister.”

I didn’t open my eyes, not wanting to see the looks people were giving me.

“That must have been hard.” Fred stated softly. “What happened?”

I winced as memories of that night flooded into my mind.

My cheeks started to get hot, and I was light on my feet as I danced with the stranger. I quickly excused myself and I slowly left the club, going out onto the sidewalk, lighting a cigarette, drunkenly smiling, despite my mood.

Part of me knew that I had to go home, but I couldn’t drive.

I quickly dialed Sophia’s number.

She picked up after a few rings.

“Bailey?” She said groggily. It was 2 in the morning at this point.

“Soph, I need you to come get me.” I’m sure it just sounded like a mess of slurred words.

“Oh, Bails, you need to stop this.” She sighed, but I heard her rustling around the room. “I’ll be there soon. Don’t do anything stupid. Love you.”

I just hung up the phone without replying, mad that my sister was clearly judging my behavior.

I sat down on the sidewalk, angrily puffing my cigarette, waiting for her to come get me.


I was snapped back into present day when Fred softly called my name.

I reached up and wiped a tear off my face that I didn’t even know had fallen.

Embarrassed, I stood up quickly.

“I uh, I have to go.” I didn’t look back as I walked out of the building.