‹ Prequel: More Than This

Over Again

11

I woke up to the distinct sound of throwing up.

Instantly, my eyes shot to the clock, signaling that it was 3 in the morning, and I stumbled my way into the bathroom to find Daisy on the floor.

“Oh, honey.” I muttered, pulling her into my lap and rubbing her back. “You’re okay.” I felt her forehead for a fever, and found a slight one.

“I wanna talk to daddy.” She said.

I closed my eyes and thought about it for a second. If it was 3 in the morning here, it was 9 in the morning where the boys were, and they were in an interview.

I sighed.

“Babe, daddy’s working right now, but I can have him talk to you when he gets out.”

I pulled out my phone to send a text.

Call ASAP.

That’s when Daisy started to cry. I ran a hand over my face, not really sure what to say.

“I want to talk to daddy now.” She cried, and I felt like crying to, my heart breaking for the little girl.

“I know, baby, soon.” I kissed the top of her head, and that’s when Bella appeared in the doorway.

Wordlessly, she got down in front of Daisy and looked her in the eyes.

“What’s wrong?” She asked her sister.

“Sick.” Daisy sniffled. “Wanna talk to Daddy.”

Bella then bent down and whispered something in her sister’s ear, and almost immediately, Daisy stopped sniffling.

Without another word, Daisy stood up and made her way back towards their bedroom.

I was shocked.

“What did you tell her, Bella?” I asked the remaining girl.

Bella looked me in the eyes.

“Just told her I love her.” Bella stated, before turning on her heels and joining her sister.

I sat in awe of what just happened.

Her sister simply being there for her made all the difference.

I sighed and once again began to slip into a memory of that night. The last night I got to talk to my own sister.

I sat in front of the club for a good half hour waiting for my sister to come get me.

I was getting aggravated, but she wasn’t picking up her phone.

Just then, the bartender came outside, keys in his hand.

He seemed to notice me sitting there.

“Hey, we’re closing, do you have a ride home?” He asked.

“My sister was supposed to be here a while ago.” I replied.

“Well, I heard on the news that there’s a bunch of traffic from an accident, so she’s probably caught up in that.” He replied. “Want me to call you a cab?”

Just then, my phone rang.

I looked at it to notice Liam calling. I was confused, but hit answer.

“Bailey, call a cab home right now.” His voice was distant.

“Liam, I- What?” My drunk mine could not comprehend what was happening.

“Bailey, please.” Liam’s voice broke, and I instantly went into action, hanging up and looking at the bartender.

“I need a cab.”


I was broken out of my thoughts when my phone rang.

“Bailey, what’s going on?” Liam’s voice answered when I picked up.

I sighed.

“Daisy is a little sick, Li.” I replied. “And she wanted to talk to you, but she’s back in bed now.”

I could hear his sharp intake of breath.

“Is she going to be okay? Do I need to-“

“Li, she’s going to be fine. I’m sure it’s just a little bug, nothing a little bit of rest won’t cure.”

“How did you get her to go back to bed? Usually when she gets like that, she won’t do anything.”

“Actually, Bella just told her she loved her.” I took a deep breath. “And Daisy understood, I think, that she still has family here.”

My heart was breaking for Liam as I heard him sigh.

“Thanks, Bails.” He finally said. “If she needs anything, don’t hesitate to call, okay?”

“I won’t.” I assured him. “If you call later to check in, I’m sure she wouldn’t mind it.”

“I’ll call back in a few hours after these interviews.” He vowed.

“Okay, Liam.” I replied. “I’ll talk to you then.”

I hung up the phone and hoisted myself up from the bathroom floor, checking the time. It was nearing 4 in the morning.

I made my way back down the hall, and peered into the girl’s room, to find Bella curled up with Daisy in her bed, holding her hand.

I smiled and quickly took a picture, texting it to Liam.

Then, I went into my own bedroom, curling under the covers on my own, wishing to turn back time.