‹ Prequel: More Than This

Over Again

12

I spent the majority of the next morning on the bathroom floor, throwing up into the toilet.

El came over as usual and played downstairs with the girls while I tried to pull myself together, lightly curing the little girl who gave me the sickness and was now playing fine downstairs.

Just as I was hoisting myself off the floor, my phone rang, flashing Harry’s picture.

“Hi, Haz.” I greeted, my voice rough and gravely.

“You alright, Bails? Your voice sounds like you swallowed rocks.”

I cleared my throat before speaking.

“Oh, I’m fine and dandy, just been throwing up for two hours, you know, you know. The life.”

I could hear Harry’s sharp intake of breath.

“Are you okay? Do you need-“

“I’m fine, H.” I cut him off, not wanting him to worry when he was so far away. “I’m feeling better now anyway. I must just have whatever Daisy had. I was just going to go shower and brush my teeth.”

I knew by his hesitant beat of silence that he was still worried.

“Okay, Bails. Just please call me in a little while, okay? I want to make sure you’re still okay. And take care of yourself.”

I nodded even though he couldn’t see.

“Yeah, Haz. I promise. I love you.”

“Love you too, B. Talk to you later.”

I hung up the phone and stood up, looking at my face in the mirror and shaking my head before ducking down and vigorously brushing my teeth.

After I cleaned myself in the shower and changed, I felt completely normal again, bounding down the stairs.

El stood up and raised an eyebrow at me.

“You alright, B?”

“Yeah.” I shrugged. “I’m fine.”

She looked at me for a beat before shrugging herself.

“But we do need to go to the store.” I announced. “We have like no food or anything.”

El nodded and turned to the twins.

“You wanna go to the store, girls?” She asked excitedly. Both the girls cheered and I laughed. They were always so excited to go out anywhere.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my purse as the four of us walked out into the sunlight.

When we got to the store, we started to pick out groceries, Daisy, Bella, and El in the next aisle over picking out way too many cookies, and me picking out other things we needed, when I felt eyes on the back of my head.

I turned around to see two girls, maybe 15 years old, looking at me shyly.

I closed my eyes and counted to ten before talking to them.

“Hi girls, can I help you?” I asked as politely as I could.

“Uhm, yeah, sorry to bother you, but you’re Harry Style’s girlfriend, Bailey, right?” One of the girls asked.

I sighed. This could go one of two ways, and I wasn’t sure how it was going to go, but I nodded hesitantly anyway.

The girls both grinned.

“We just wanted to tell you that we love you.” The girl who originally spoke stated.

My mouth dropped open.

“I- uhm- what?” I muttered.

“Yeah! You’re so pretty and you and Harry always look so happy and so in love. I’ve been a fan of you two together since the beginning. And we just wanted to talk to you and make sure you know that we’re not all crazy people.” The girl went on.

I wanted to cry. I could feel the tears burning in the back of my eyes. I was so grateful for the refreshing niceness of these fans. They didn’t even know me, but they thought I was pretty and good for Harry, and it was nice to hear.

“Well, thank you girls so much. Honestly. I know you’re not all crazy, by the way, it just sometimes gets overwhelming, you know?”

The girls nodded and smiled sadly at me.

“Do you think… do you think we could get a picture with you?” The girl who hadn’t spoken yet spoke up, and I smiled at her. How could I say no to these sweet girls.

I nodded and they handed me a phone, which I took, crouching between them and taking a few quick selfies.

Before they departed, I asked them for their twitter names.

They happily wrote them down for me and waved as they left with their patiently waiting mother.

I smiled and pulled out my phone, instantly wanting to tweet about this.

Just met the two sweetest girls! Sometimes I get so caught up that I forget about the nice people in the world. I appreciate all of you. xo

I quickly followed the two girls and then pocketed my phone and went to find El and the girls. I found them in the health and beauty section.

“I need shampoo.” El said as I walked up. “Where were you?”

“Meeting the two nicest fans.” I grinned in response and walked around the section, looking at things while El picked out what she needed.

I stopped at a certain aisle and stood there for a second, a thought dawning on me as I did so.

Well, this could be a problem.