‹ Prequel: More Than This

Over Again

18

“Our wedding color is not going to be pink!” Harry whined, throwing his head back on the pillow over-dramatically.

“Why not?” I retorted.

It was the next morning, and we were laying on the hotel room bed, no space between us as my leg draped lazily over his and his arm hung loosely over me.

“Because it reminds me too much of a birthday party for a 16 year old.” He replied.

“But pink is a happy color.” I insisted. “It’s a good color.”

“If you want a happy color, what about like, yellow?” Harry asked, his thumb running circles on my hip.

I thought about it for a second. Yellow was a really happy color if it was done right. In a sunshiney tone. The color actually reminded me of Harry. I smiled the more I thought about it.

“Okay. Yellow.” I said, nodding.

Harry looked at me and propped his head back up with his other arm, grinning.

“Bailey, did we just make an actual final decision on something for our wedding?”

I grinned. We actually had made a decision. This made the wedding thing much more real.

“Yeah, we did, so this is your last chance to run, Styles.” I joked.

“Never.” He mumbled, bringing his lips to meet mine.

I smiled into the kiss, happy butterflies erupting in my stomach. I was going to spend the rest of my life kissing this boy like this.

Just as we pulled apart, my phone started ringing on the nightstand. Harry groaned and I sighed, pawing for it.

I grabbed it and looked at the screen, furrowing my eyebrow when I saw that it was an unknown number.

I shrugged and answered it.

“Hello?”

“H-hi, Bailey?” A girl’s voice responded.

“Yup, that’s me.” I replied.

“Hi, this is Kara, you know, from the support group?” She asked. Then it clicked. The girl who I met who I was supposed to introduce to the boys.

“Oh! Of course! How are you, love?”

“I’m good! I was going to see if you were coming to the group tonight, but then I saw on twitter you were with the boys.”

I smiled at the fact that she knew so much about the boys. It was sweet.

“Yeah, I’m with the boys now on a little vacation. Wedding planning and all that.” I shot a smile Harry’s way. “But I have an idea! Do you want to talk to Harry? I’m with him right now!”

“I- I- could do that?” She stuttered out. I chuckled.

“Yup! I’ll put you on speaker! Hang on!”

I mouthed the words “big fan” to Harry and he smiled, motioning for me to continue, so I pressed the speaker phone button.

“Hi, love!” Harry greeted when it was put on.

I could hear her sharp intake of breath and I grinned.

“Uhm, h-hi Harry!” She greeted. Harry grinned.

“What’s your name?” Harry asked.

“I’m Kara.” She responded.

“Kara, that’s a very pretty name.” Harry replied, and I could almost see her bush through the phone. “And how do you know my Bailey here?”

“Oh, I met Bailey in support group! She’s the best, and she really helped me last meeting. I actually just wanted to thank you while I have you here because your band saved my life, honestly.”

Kara was talking a mile a minute, and it was hard to keep up, but I knew Harry heard her.

“Oh, love, we didn’t save you, we just helped you while you saved yourself.” Harry said. I smiled at this and kissed his cheek lightly as he pulled me closer to his side.

I could tell Kara was on the verge of tears as she responded.

“Thank you, Harry.”

“It’s not a problem, Kara. Now, we’ll work on getting you guest list tickets to a show in the next few days, okay? I want to give you a hug.”

“Okay!” Kara was crying now, and tears were threatening to fall from my eyes as well.

“I’ll call you later, Kara, okay?” I chimed in, my voice breaking.

“Okay, thank you Bailey, bye guys!” Kara hung up, and I immediately pulled Harry into as bone crushing hug.

“Thank you for what you do for others, honestly, Harry.” I said. “You’re the most generous, caring person I know, and I’m not sure how I got so lucky.”

Harry kissed the top of my head.

“I’m the lucky one, Bails.” He responded.

Just then, there was a knock on the door of our room.

I groaned, and Harry slowly got out of the bed to answer the door.

I didn’t turn around, closing my eyes to hopefully take a nap, until I heard Harry’s alarmed voice.

“Bailey, you need to get over here, now!”