‹ Prequel: More Than This

Over Again

21

“I just… I feel weird moving on, you know?” Niall sighed through the phone.

“I know, Ni. But it’s been a year. You need to be happy. If this new girl makes you happy then…” I replied.

“I know. I know.” Niall replied.

“You should really talk to Liam about this, he has actual experience in moving on.”

Then there was silence. Actually, too much silence for a house that was supposed to be filled with celebrating boys.

“Niall, where is everyone? It’s pretty quiet.” I observed.

“Uh, sleeping, I guess. Big day for you tomorrow, you should go to sleep too.” Niall replied.

I sighed, looking at the clock. It was pretty late. El and Perrie had fallen asleep a few hours earlier. I just wasn’t going to sleep on my own.

“Where’s Harry? Can I talk to him?”

My question was met by silence.

“Niall James, Harry is not on his way here, is he?”

“Sorry, Bails. He was insistent.” Niall replied. As if on cue, I heard Harry come through the door. I groaned.

“Bye, Niall.” I hung up the phone and threw it down on the bed, going downstairs.

“Harry.” I said sternly as he came face to face with me. “You can’t be here tonight.”

He pouted and pulled me into a hug anyway.

“But I wanted to make sure you’re okay. I can’t sleep without you next to me.”

I sighed, and closed my eyes.

“Harry, it’s bad luck to see me tonight. We’re supposed to be spending the night apart. At separate parties with our friends.”

Harry shrugged and hugged me tighter.

“Bails, we obviously don’t care about tradition.”

The boy made a point, but I wanted to have this tradition about our wedding.

“Hazza, please.” I pouted.

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

“I love you, you know?” He said quietly.

“I love you too, you dork. Now please go spend the night at Niall’s, who by the way, I’m mad at for letting you see me the night before our wedding. I’m not even supposed to see you until tomorrow. That was the deal.”

“You’re so stubborn.” He whined.

I stood on my tip toes and kissed his nose.

“I love you and I’ll see you tomorrow. I’ll be the one in the white dress.”

“Are you sure you’ll be okay? I mean, we haven’t spent a night apart since-“

“I’ll be fine, Harry, I promise. I’ll call you if I need you, okay? Keep your phone on.”

He sighed and pulled me into another hug, kissing the top of my head. Then, he knelt down in front of me and kissed my slightly swollen stomach.

“Your mother is so stubborn. I hope you don’t inherit that quality, little one.”

I smacked the side of his head and he chuckled, standing up and giving me a proper kiss on the lips before turning to leave.

“Okay, I love you both! Goodnight!” He called, before blowing a kiss and leaving the door.

I shook my head, chuckling at his antics, the butterflies in my stomach erupting as I realized that after tomorrow, I would be married to that crazy boy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! The next chapter is going to be the last chapter :((( I'm honestly not emotionally prepared for it.