‹ Prequel: More Than This

Over Again

6

I stifled a yawn as I listened to Harry talk about the tour, rolling over onto my back on the bed. It was close to 2 in the morning, but because of the time difference, I stayed up to talk to Harry.

“So you’re really not doing anything tomorrow?” He suddenly changed the subject. I sighed.

“I don’t know. El said she wants to take me out at least for dinner or something I guess.”

“Don’t sound so sad, love, a birthday is something to celebrate! Another year of you in the world!”

I couldn’t help but smile at his words.

“I love you, Styles.” I muttered. He chuckled.

“I love you too. And I, for one, am happy that you’ve been here for 22 years.”

I couldn’t stifle the yawn that happened then, and Harry noticed.

“Go to sleep, Bails.” He said softly.

I knew that I needed sleep, but I also knew that I wanted to keep hearing his voice.

“Will you sing to me?” I asked quietly. I heard him laugh.

“Yeah, I will, if you go to sleep.” He replied. I hummed in response and waited for him to start signing.

He quietly started to sing “The A Team” and I grinned, burrowing my face further into the pillow and drifting off to sleep to the soft sound of Harry’s voice.

xxx


I woke up to Daisy’s voice as she jumped on the bed.

“Wake up! Birthday!”

I sighed and caught her by the hips, pulling her down onto me.

“Give me a minute, babe.” I muttered, yawning.

Once I woke myself up enough to function, I grabbed Daisy and put her on my hip, walking down to the kitchen, the smell of bacon drifting into my nose.

I smiled as I saw El and Perrie in my kitchen, making breakfast, Bella at their feet.

“Good morning.” I greeted softly.

All three off them whipped around at the sound of my voice.

“Happy birthday!” They chorused together, running towards me. I laughed as Bella grabbed onto my leg and El and Perrie kissed my cheeks.

I smiled and set Daisy down on the floor.

“Thank you, guys, honestly.” I said to my friends as I sat down at the counter.

“Psh, you haven’t seen anything yet.” El replied, going over to the stove and starting to plate the food.

I looked down at my phone at the waiting message from Harry.

Smile today, babe! You are loved, and you deserve to celebrate! Love you! X

Then from Niall

Happy birthday, darlin’

Then from Louis

Happy birthday, biffle!!!!! You’re the best!

I laughed and then opened my text from Zayn.

Happy birthday, Bails. Have the best day!

And then finally from Liam.

Happy birthday, Bailey! I honestly don’t know how I would’ve survived the past year without you. Promise me you’ll have a little fun tonight.

I smiled at my friend’s kindness and decided to be a little funny on twitter. I pulled it up and opened a new tweet.

I don’t know about you, but I’m feelin’ 22 ;)

El set food in front of me and the 5 of us sat around the table eating our breakfast.

Perrie’s phone buzzed and she started laughing. I grinned.

“Did you see my tweet?” I asked.

She just kept laughing and hit a few buttons on her phone. I laughed when I saw that she retweeted it.

We kept eating breakfast and talking, and I was starting to think this birthday wouldn’t be too bad after all.

Once we were finished, El turned to me.

“Okay. We have a present for you, but it’s at you and Harry’s house because we wanted to hide it.”

I rolled my eyes, but smiled.

“So, go get dressed and go over there to get it.” Perrie instructed.

I laughed at their demands, but got up and went to shower and get dressed. When I got downstairs, El and Perrie were sitting with Bella and Daisy on the couch, watching TV.

“We’ll stay and watch them, you get the present and then come back.” El said.

I raised an eyebrow in confusion, but decided to just go with it.

I pulled a sweater over my head and walked out into the crisp morning air toward my house, wondering what exactly my friends had in store for me.