Soundless

Morning Afterthought

I made a quick glance on my watch. It says 6:46 AM and it was a damp weather. There is nothing amusing or wonderful to do because it’s Saturday. I've always think of it that way. I opened the door exiting my room, pulled and shut it gently behind my back. Everything was so silent it’s like nothing had ever existed from here. I paced through our narrow wooden floors on barefoot. Normally I would skip or slide like the way I used to do during Saturday mornings, but I seem to have grown enough not to do that. Oh, maybe because it’s not fun to do so. Or is it because I’m not a little girl anymore?

I turned off the flickering light near the balcony; dad must have forgotten to turn it off again. He forgets things easily like that, which is quite usual for the rest of us in this quite an empty house. It started to rain heavy outside again. I just couldn’t take the chilly feeling, in fact, I hate the rain. Somehow, I was able to find my trench coat. It’s still very early, and I assured they will wake up very soon. I breathe out cold air and rubbed my palms together as I hear the trembling of my teeth, making soft noises that are barely audible. Funny, because this isn’t how I used to react towards the cold weather.

I noticed my dad’s door an inch open. Cautiously, I peeked into the room and pushed the door, wide enough so I could go in. Not that waking him up is intentional; I just wanted to watch him simply. His face is aging more recently, few wrinkles but his countenance didn’t changed a bit. Still asleep, he turned away from my direction in a slow shifting movement and I thought I woke him up with my soft sigh. I gazed down to him dearly, sparing some three minutes before I leave. I wondered why I was doing this. Those silver locks that made him into an antiquity of my twenty-four years didn’t make him forget about the small things we love most. It didn’t make me forget to appreciate things like this as everyone else gets older. As much as I knew, I’ve been living in this house much like the breadwinner and I felt their need of having someone to care for them. Life is worthwhile, and they needed someone like a real mother. I knelt down near the bedside table and kissed him on his red cheek, brushing my uneven-length bangs off my face. And to think that he was the one who is doing that? I guess I have outgrown him. I just smiled at the idea.

I would love to waste my time just looking at my dad but oh well, duty calls.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh I hope WB will lose this time! :]