Closer to the Edge of Ecstasy and Insanity

Alex Tests Out a Whisper

Alex watches as Zack walks over to the gate of his connecting flight, one that will send him across the US to Hawaii. The blonde wants to follow him, wants spend lazy afternoons swimming in the warm water next to his best friend, next to his best. friend.

Were they even best friends anymore?

-

When Zack cums Alex whimpers until Zack remembers Alex is there, waiting and wanting to feel release. Zack presses kisses into Alex's mouth, and pulls back to travel lower, but instead of swallowing Alex's dick, Zack travels back up. He whispers, "Close?"

Alex whines in response. "So close."

Zack reaches his hand down, only jerking Alex a few times before Alex is spilling his cum onto Zack's hand. The younger strokes him through it, but gets up to wash off once Alex is done panting.

"Here." Zack throws a couple tissues at Alex, and climbs under the covers, waiting for Alex to clean up.

Once he's through, Alex crawls closer to Zack, and lets the man turn him over so they're spooning.

Zack's nose nudges Alex's shoulder blade. "Sleep," he says, knowing Alex needs the encouragement to close his eyes. Alex hums and snuggles deeper into Zack's arms, breathing in sweat and sex and
Zack.

Alex tests out a whisper. "I love you."

Zack starts snoring.

-

Alex gets up and finds his bed empty. It's not surprising, no, but it's disappointing. Alex wishes that for once he could wake up next to Zack.

The older boy tries to fall back asleep, but he ends up staring at the ceiling, thinking about the night before. He can feel Zack on him. He can feel Zack's heavy weight, his hot and sweaty skin rubbing against his own. He can feel Zack pushing into him, pushing Alex closer and closer to the edge of ecstasy and insanity.

-

Zack acts like nothing happened, but Alex doesn't mind, not really, because that night when everyone else is asleep, Zack pulls Alex out of the back lounge.

"Sleep," Zack coaxes, but Alex shakes his head in refusal.

Zack pushes Alex down, and gently nudges him into his bunk. His lips capture the blonde's, his tongue slipping past Alex's teeth. Zack kisses Alex senseless, and doesn't stop until Alex becomes lazy with his returns.

"Sleep," Zack whispers, and Alex's eyes slip closed.

Watching his head as he climbs out of Alex's bunk, Zack wanders to the bathroom, brushing his teeth to get rid of Alex's taste.

In a sleepy haze, Alex tests out a whisper, not knowing that Zack is in the bathroom.

"I love you."

Zack starts gargling.

-

Alex calls his mom, and admits that he wants to hold someone's hand, that he wants to have a warm body to curl into at night, that he wants someone to play footsie with under the table in the front lounge of the bus.

She asks whom he's fallen for.

Alex lies more to himself than to her.

"I don't know."

-

Alex leans against the bathroom wall and let's out a deep breath. He shouldn't be scared, not at all. This is his job, he's done it a thousand times before; tonight should be no different.

But the reps from Hopeless are back. He needs to step up his game so Hopeless will take the band back. He needs to make the band's apology for leaving come across in his performance tonight.

Alex closes his eyes, and seems to drift off into his thoughts.

Big hands rub circles into his waist, and Alex's eyes snap open, meeting Zack's small smile.

"Stressed?" Zack asks, fingers lingering along the waistband of Alex's jeans.

The blonde drops his head onto Zack's shoulder. He finds comfort in the younger man as soon as his lungs fill with Zack's smell. He whispers, "Yes."

Zack's hand pulls at the zipper of Alex's pants, and he pushes them down to the older's knees.

Alex waits to feel Zack's calloused fingers touch him, but instead he feels Zack sliding down, and feels his tongue touch where his fingers should be.

The blonde leans his head back against the tile, his face breaking into a giant grin. As his fingers curl in Zack's hair, he thinks that Zack doesn't give head often, but he's amazing at it, so the times Zack does get down on his knees make it all the better.

After ten minutes of Zack pushing Alex closer to the edge, Alex finally can let go.

Zack swallows, sending Alex a cheeky smile. He moves to the sink to wash the access cum off his cheeks, and Alex tests out a whisper.

"I love you."

Zack turns the faucet on.


-

The overhead speaker announces that Alex's flight is leaving, but he ignores it. He rushes over to the gate Zack had stopped at, needing to tell Zack what's only ever been whispered before.

Alex's heart races, his head spinning, mouth tightening as he feels this sudden urge spit out three words. Three words that are so simple, yet when put together make Alex want to crawl under a rock in fear of their greater meaning.

He stops short, breath escaping him when he looks ahead.

Alex says, "I love you."

Zack's plane takes off.