Status: Active

Chosen

Chapter 2: Present

Jimmy Sullivan groaned and threw an arm over his eyes as sunlight shined through the blinds and onto his face. Mumbling he rolled over his back to the window and started to drift back to sleep.

Then there the door burst open and the person started shaking Jimmy. Yo Sullivan wake your lazy ass up!"

Jimmy groaned and turned back over seeing his friend Brian near his bed.

"Fuck off Haner." He mumbled pulling the covers over his head.

"Get up man." Brian said pulling him onto his back. "School starts in ten minutes."

"Who cares about school?" Jimmy asked muffled.

"You will once you're held back, have to repeat, and won't graduate with your friends." Barbara Sullivan said entering the room. "Now get up James."

"Yes mom." Jimmy said throwing the covers off as she left the room.

He got up and stretched cracking his back then went to his closet.

"What's been happening Bri?" Jimmy asked as he got dressed for school.

"Nothing much same old same old." He said boredly.

"Boring as fuck." Jimmy said. "Hate to say it but sneaking out, causing trouble, getting drunk and high is starting to lose it's appeal."

"Yeah and you know how much I like to smoke." Brian said.

"Yeah you always smell like a smoking lawnmower." Jimmy said.

"Fuck you." Brian said throwing a pillow which he dodged. "You ready yet?"

Jimmy pulled a shirt over his messy hair. "Yeah let's go." He said grabbing his bag.

They walked downstairs where Jimmy's mom was leaning on the bar sipping her coffee.

"You boys have a good day and be careful there's been another murder." Barbara said.

For the past month there had been a series of brutal strange murders and slayings in Huntington. The victims were usually young and had been found drained of blood, strange markings on the bodies, and so on.

Police had no suspects but suspected the killings were being done by some kind of a cult.

"We'll be find mom see you later." Jimmy said as he and Brian left the house.

"This shit's got my folks paranoid as fuck." Brian said as they drove to school.

"I think everyone's getting like that." Jimmy replied. "I think it's more of not knowing who's doing it and why they're doing it that's got everyone on edge."

Brian nodded as they arrived at school. They got out and walked to the front lawn spottinh their friends waiting at their usual table.

"Sup guys?" Jimmy asked as they approached.

"Hey Jim and Bri." Their friend Matt said. "Did y'all see the news this morning?"

"We know another killing." Brian said.

"This is like the eleventh one at least I think it is." Johnny said.

"You're keeping track of the bodies shortshit?" Jimmy asked.

"Can't help it considering this has been going on for a month." He said.

"What do you think the police are gonna do?" Matt's girlfriend Valary asked.

"I've got a feeling they're gonna issue a curfew." Zacky said.

As if on cue the intercom came on. "Students please report to the gymnasium for an important announcement that is all." Principal Palmer said.

"What'd I told ya?" Zacky said jumping off the table and started walking towards the school.

The others followed him as all the students piled in the school and walked down the hallway towards the gym. Everyone piled inside wanting to get to the top bench.

The gang managed to get to the top bench and sat down as everyone got seated. Standing at the podium was Principal Palmer with two police officers.

"Okay students settle down." She said into the mic. "As you know for the past month or so there's been a series of murders in Huntington." "For your own safety and until the culprits are apprehended the police have issued a curfew."

"Everyone should be indoors at exactly eight no one is to be out pass then without an adult anyone who is will be arrested." He said his partner nodding in agreement. "Are there any questions?"

No one said anything. "If there's nothing else you may go to your first period class."

The students stood up and started exiting the gym. "So we got an eight o clock curfew." Matt said. "What are we gonna do bout that?"

"Nothing the pros of having a dad who works as part of the force." Johnny grumbled.

Everyone laughed. "My folks are paranoid they'll be watching me real closely." Brian said.

"I'm not gonna be able too even if I wanted too cause my mom is always gushing over me." Zacky said.

"And of course my dad is gonna be worried bout his only daughter." Valary said.

"Looks like it's just you and me then Matt." Jimmy said.

"Sorry Jim but my dad's been on my ass ever since I got arrested for vandalizing." Matt said. "He watches me even when I breathe like I'm gonna do something."

"Sullivan party of one then." Jimmy said as they entered their English class.

They all took their usual seats as more students filed in. As they waited for class to start Jimmy glanced at the door seeing a black haired woman talking to Miss Combs. Standing beside the woman was a black haired girl.

From what Jimny could see she was wearing dark shades which shielded her eyes and took up most of her face. Her clothes were a Green Day band shirt, denim cutoffs with black tights.

She also had a black beanie on, red lipstick, black platform shoes, and a beaded necklace on.

Jimmy poked Brian and pointed at the door. "Guys look a new girl."

"Know what this means." Zacky said with a smirk.

"New student means new victim to terrorize." Jimmy said cackling making the others laugh.

They stopped as Miss Combs walked in with the new girl by her side.

"Class may I get your attention." She said and everyone got quiet. "As you can see we have a new student in our class."

"This is Devyn please make her feel welcome." Miss Combs said.