Status: Active

Chosen

Chapter 3

The entire class talk amongst themselves and observed the new girl.

"Devyn is there anything you'd like to tell the class about you?" Miss Combs asked.

"There's nothing to tell about me." Devyn said blankly.

"Nothing at all?" Miss Combs asked and Devyn shook her head. "How about where are you from?"

"I'm from all over." She said. "We travel alot."

"Okay is there a particular place you liked or missed?" Miss Combs asked.

"We don't really stay long enough to miss anything or anybody." Devyn replied.

"Why do you wear sunglasses indoors?" She asked.

Devyn was silent before saying. "My eyes are really sensitive to light."

"Okay I think that's enough questions for now." Miss Combs said with a smile. "I would like for you to sit next to Jimmy Sullivan." "Raise your hand so Devyn will know where to sit."

Jimmy waved his hands wildly making everyone laugh. Devyn walked over down the aisle and sat in the seat to his right.

"Alright class let's begin our lesson for today." Miss Combs said turning to the chalkboard.

The gang focused their attention on the girl sitting next to Jimmy. Devyn was currently reading a big book and highlighting sentences in it.

"We should introduce ourselves." Valary whispered and the others nodded.

"Excuse me." Val said snapping her fingers getting Devyn's attention. "I'm Valary it's nice to meet you Devyn."

Devyn stared at her before turning her attention back to the book.

Matt chuckled softly at Valary's expression. "Let me try." He said throwing a paperball at Devyn who looked over.

"I'm Matt." He said with a friendly smile.

Devyn again said nothing and looked back at her book. "Maybe she's shy." Zacky said. "Are you shy?"

Devyn ignored him and continued to read her book. "Guess she is." Johnny said.

"I can do something bout that." Jimmy said with a mischevious smile.

"Okay class lately we've been reading about legends and folklore." Miss Combs said. "Also we've been talking about Dracula does anyone remember what repels vampires?"

People raised their hands. "Devyn how bout you give it a shot?"

"They say things like holy water, crosses, stakes, garlic, silver, and sunlight are effective to use against vampires." She said.

"That's correct Devyn." Miss Combs said.

"But it's not always true." Devyn said.

"What do you mean?" Miss Combs asked.

"Some of it is made up and may not have any effect on vampires." She said.

"What makes you say that Devyn?" She asked.

"I just know." Devyn said focusing back on her book.

The gang looked at each other and at Devyn with curious looks.

As soon as the bell rang Devyn was out her seat and out the classroom.

"Damn she's fast." Johnny said. "Wonder what's her hurry."

"Probably wants to get to class on time." Valay said.

"Or away from us." Zacky said. "She wasn't too friendly when we tried to talk to her."

"Probably cause we kept interrupting her from her reading." Matt said. "She read during the entire period."

"Must be a very interesting book." Jimmy said as they left the classroom.

"Eew mystery meat again." Valary said as they sat down for lunch.

"I'm not eating this shit." Zacky said pushing his tray away.

"Y'all gonna starve while I have a lunch." Johnny said eating his chips.

"Really shortshit?" Jimmy asked then took his chips.

"Come on man give them back." Johnny said trying to get them.

"Don't think so." Jimmy said downing the rest of the chips in his mouth.

He gave Johnny a smile before walking to throw the bag away. As he started back he noticed Devyn sitting by herself under a tree reading the same book from earlier.

Jimmy gave his friends a smile before silently approaching her from behind. Devyn didn't seem to know Jimmy was behind her till he snatched her book from her hands and ran away.

He turned giving her a gleeful smile and held the book over his head. "Come and get it bookworm."

Devyn didn't budge and sat there staring at him through the dark tint of her shades.

"Don't tell me you're scared of the big bad giant." Jimmy said laughing.

Devyn didn't crack a smile her face remaining blank. Jimmy turned to say something to his friends...

He was taken by surprise by someone grabbing his arm and twisting it behind his back. Jimmy gasped and glanced seeing Devyn she kneed him in the back making him drop her book.

Letting him go Devyn picked up her book and walked back to the tree without a word.

"Now that was funny." Brian said laughing as Jimmy walked over.

"Fuck off Haner." Jimmy said rubbing his arm. "That really hurt."

Matt chuckled. "Don't be such a pussy."

"I'm not why don't you go over there and see what she does." Jimmy said.

Matt glanced at Devyn. "I'm good."

"Wonder where she learned that from." Jimmy said.

The door to a big house opened and a girl walked in. "How was school?" The black haired woman asked.

"It was okay Chris." Devyn said walking towards the staircase.

"Make any friends?" She asked.

"What's the point?" Devyn said walking to her bedroom and shutting the door.

She walked to the window closing the blinds. Devyn took off her shoes and glasses.

She took a bottle that had red liquid in it and took a big swallow. Devyn glanced and picked up a picture of her parents looking at it sadly.

Placing it back on the table she grabbed her IPod getting on the floor she crawled under the bed and fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chris:
http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0748075/mediaindex/rm674085888?photoId=MV5BNDkyMjYzNzg5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDcwNzI1Ng@@&ref_=m_nm_ov_ph