Status: Active

Chosen

Chapter 4

"I've got to work a late night shift." Barbara said as she got ready for work.

"I'm gonna be so lonesome." Jimmy said playfully.

Barbara ruffled his hair. "Knowing you you'll find something to entertain and keep yourself occupied."

"That I will." Jimmy said.

"As long as it doesn't involve setting the house on fire." She said remembering how Jimmy almost burned the house down trying to make macaroni.

"That was only one time!" Jimmy said. "It won't happen again."

"Better not and also don't go out pass the curfew." She said. "I don't wanna get a call from the sheriff."

"I promise mom." Jimmy said.

"Alright I'll see you later then." Barbara said kissing his forehead and leaving.

"Alone at last." Jimmy said walking upstairs to his room.

Though the police had set a curfew of course Jimmy had no intention of obeying the curfew. He walked over grabbing his cell and dialing the others numbers.

"Hey Jim what's up?" Brian asked.

"Hey Bri my mom just left wondering if you wanna come over or go raise hell." He said.

"Can't due to this damn curfew my folks got me on lockdown." Brian said.

"Can't you get pass them?" Jimmy asked.

"My mom is posted near the front door and my dad's lurking around the house checking out everything." He said. "Sorry man."

"It's okay I'll see you tomorrow then." Jimmy said hanging up then dialing Matt's number.

"Hey man what's up?" Matt answered.

"Wanna go cause trouble?" Jimmy asked.

"Can't this damn curfew and I've been grounded." Matt said. "I better up before my mom takes my phone for a month." "Talk to ya later."

Jimmy didn't bother calling Zacky he knew how his mom acted and he didn't exaggerate any bit of it. He finally tried Johnny's number.

Instead of Johnny answering his mom did. "Hello Jimmy."

"Hey Miss Seward I was wondering if Johnny could come over." He said.

"He can't cause of this curfew plus he's knocked out anyhow." She said. "I'll tell him you called though."

"Okay thanks." Jimmy said wondering how Johnny could always be tired all the time.

"Looks like it's me party of one." Jimmy said getting up and grabbing his hoodie.

Jimmy walked on the sidewalk gulping another swallow of vodka.

The entire town looked deserted due to the curfew there wasn't even any dogs wandering around.

"Guess I'm going home early." Jimmy said cutting through the park.

As Jimmy walked through he heard sounds of a struggle. They sounded like they were coming from the jungle gym.

Jimmy ran over and saw a rough looking man struggling with a small hooded figure that looked like a woman. He had her by the arms trying to drag her.

"Hey!" Jimmy yelled.

Both looked up this proved enough of a distraction for the woman to kick the man in the groin. He fell grabbing his groin as the woman pulled out a small tube and sprayed him in the face.

The man screamed in pain grabbing his eyes he got up and ran away his eyes smoking.

Jimmy stood there eyes wide he shook his head and approached the woman who was wearing dark shades.

"Are you...

Before he could finish the woman ran towards the gate and out the park.

"So let me get this straight he were in the park, came across some dude trying to take some chick, you distracted him the woman maced him, then as you approached her she ran away?" Zacky asked the next morning.

"Yeah it was really weird." Jimmy said.

"What'd she look like?" Johnny asked.

"Didn't get a good look cause it was dark but she was wearing a hoodie and black shades." Jimmy said.

"Probably just some weirdo chick who decided to disobey curfew and cut through the park too and had some trouble." Matt said. "You came along and distracted the dude long enough to help her defend herself."

"But why did she run away?" Jimmy asked.

"She probably didn't want to face another guy after she was attacked." Valary said. "She was probably scared is all."

"Guess so." Jimmy said.

He looked up as a black car stopped in front of the school and Devyn got out wearing black shorts with tights, converses, cut off top, and her shades.

"New girl's here." Brian announced making the others look up.

"It's a new day which means initiation process continues." Jimmy said getting up.

He ran over as Devyn walked towards the school. "Boo!" He yelled from behind her making her jump.

Jimmy cackled. "Scared ya didn't I?"

Devyn glared from behind her shades before kicking Jimmy in the shin then turning and walking inside the school.

"Damn!" Jimmy yelled holding his leg.

Matt chuckled. "You might not be succeeding in the initiation process Jim but your pain makes up for it."

"Fuck you!" Jimmy yelled. "What's her problem?"

"She either doesn't like to be bothered or doesn't know how to interact with new people." Valary said. "Maybe we should try to approach her normally."

Jimmy snorted. "I'm anything but normal." He said as the bell rang for class.

Jimmy walked to his locker and grabbed his books he glanced down seeing Devyn stuffing things into her bag before slamming her locker shut.

Taking this as an opportunity Jimmy walked towards her and pretended to bump into her making her drop her things.

"So sorry let me help you." Jimmy said squatting down to help.

"Don't bother just go away." Devyn said angrily grabbing her things quickly.

"I said I was sorry." Jimmy said.

"Like hell you are you've been bothering me since I've arrived." She said standing up. "I want you and your friends to just leave me the hell alone."

With this said Devyn turned and walked away from Jimmy. He stood there surprised by how angry she was at his joking around.

No one ever yelled or expressed anger at him cause they knew he was joking. This girl obviously didn't find it funny hell she said she wanted to be left alone.

Sighing Jimmy glanced down and sat a small container that had a thick white substance in it. He picked it up.

"She must've dropped this and didn't see it." Jimmy said.

He was about to call Devyn until he read the label on the container.

Essence of Garlic.