Status: Active

Chosen

Chapter 5

"She told you to leave her alone and that she didn't want to be friends with any of us?" Zacky asked during lunch.

"More like she yelled it." Jimmy said. "I thought she was gonna rip my head off."

"Sounds like this chick can't take a joke." Brian said.

"Maybe she just doesn't want friends." Valary said. "She did say she travels alot and doesn't stay anywhere for long." "Maybe she doesn't want to get close to anybody that way when she leaves it won't be hard for or hurt her."

"Okay that's one explanation for her behavior now explain this." Jimmy said taking out the bottle and setting it on the table.

Matt picked it up. "Essence of garlic?" He asked.

"Yeah it fell out Devyn's bag when I bumped into her." Jimmy said.

Matt uncorked it and sniffed it he wrinkle his nose before putting the cork back on.

"What's she doing with this rank shit?" He asked.

"Don't know but I wonder what." Jimmy said.

"Maybe eyes using it to season this shit they call food." Johnny said picking at his lunch.

"Weird cause she never eats the school's lunch and she doesn't bring anything except for a drink in a bottle." Brian said.

Jimmy didn't notice until Brian had said something. Now that he thought about it he had never seen Devyn eat or drink anything except for a red drink in a bottle.

"Doesn't matter cause she's not gonna talk to us." Valary said.

"Maybe if I return this to her and apologize she'll open up." Jimmy said grabbing the bottle.

He glanced at Devyn who was under her usual tree reading a book. Giving his friends another glance Jimmy walked over to her.

"Didn't I tell you to leave me alone?" She asked not looking up from her book as he approached.

Jimmy held his hands up. "I come in peace." He said.

Devyn stared through her shades. "What do you want?"

"Just wanted to apologize for earlier and return this to you." He said taking the bottle from his pocket.

"Where'd you get that?" Devyn asked jumping up and taking it from him.

"It dropped from your bag when I bumped into you." Jimmy said.

"Yeah bumped." Devyn said sarcastically putting the bottle in her bag and gathering her things.

"I'm really sorry I bothered you Devyn." Jimmy said. "I didn't mean to give you any problems."

"If you and your friends just leave me alone there won't be any problems." Devyn said pulling her bag on and walking away.

Jimmy stood there shocked he looked at the others who looked equally shocked.

"She looked pissed." Johnny commented.

"Wonder what's her problem." Zacky said.

"Don't know but the great magician will find out soon!" Jimmy said with a cackle.

After lunch the gang went their seperate ways for sixth period.

Valary headed for the bathroom she went in and watched her hands. As she fixed her hair she heard what sounded like a small gasp.

Turning she looked at the stalls to see all but one opened. She walked over looking down till she saw a pair of platform black shoes.

The owner of them became silent and put her feet on the toilet.

Valary recognized them as Devyn's shoes. "Devyn are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine." Devyn said then groaned slightly.

"You don't sound fine." Valary said peeking through the cracks of the stall.

She could see Devyn sitting on the toilet her knees to her chest her hair covering her face. That wasn't all Valary could see her quickly hide a syringe in her purse.

"What have you shot up?" Valary asked.

"None of your damn business now go away!" Devyn said.

"There's no need to be rude Devyn I just want to know if you're okay." Valary said.

"I said I'm fine now go away!" She said.

"You don't sound find why don't you open the door?" Valary asked noticing it was ajar slightly.

She started to slowly push it open. "No!" Devyn said pressing her foot on the door trying to close it.

"Devyn I want to help you." She said struggling to open the door.

"There's nothing you can do to help me." Devyn said now pressing on the door with both feet.

"I can just talk to you be there for you like a friend." Valary said.

"I don't want friends now go!" Devyn yelled with a sob.

Valary stopped struggling hearing this Devyn sobbed again and stopped trying to close the door.

Valary slowly pushed the door open to find Devyn with her head against the wall breathing heavily. Her glasses were hanging from her shirt but her face was covered by her hair.

"Are you okay?" Valary asked taking a step forward.

"I'm just having a bad day." Devyn whispered.

"If it's because of what Jimmy did I'm sorry." Valary said. "He didn't mean anything by it."

"It has nothing to do with him I just want to be left alone!" Devyn said punching the wall so hard she left an indent in it.

Valary's eyes widen she leaned forward. "Is there anything I can do?" She asked placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Get your ass outta here now!" Devyn said before slamming the door shut.

Valary stumbled back before running out the bathroom. She slowed down to take a breath and collect her thoughts.

It could've been her imagination but she swore that Devyn's eyes looked red.