Status: Active

Chosen

Chapter 7

Jimmy took another swing of the bottle of Jack Daniel's he carried as he walked through the foggy park. Lately the park seemed like it always had a thick layer of fog around and in it even during the day.

He came near the pond and squinted in search of the duck he dubbed the stallion duck. Seeing no sign of it or any duck for that matter Jimmy took a huge gulp of the whiskey and walked pass the pond unaware he was being followed by a figure in the shadows.

Jimmy continued on and came to the spot a place him and the others hung out and got wasted at. He pulled the branch hiding it back he decided not to go in since it wasn't fun without the others.

Swallowing another shot of the whiskey Jimmy stumbled holding his head he came to where the jungle gym was and sat on the bench.

He felt the affects of the whiskey taking over he groaned as his headache began to intensify.

"Are you feeling okay?" A voice asked.

Jimmy looked up to see a petite blonde female standing a couple of feet away. She looked around his age maybe a couple of years older and she had green eyes that appeared to glow.

"I'm just fine." Jimmy replied.

The blonde tilted her head. "You don't look fine."

"What makes you say that?" Jimmy asked.

"Seeing as how you're out here in the park getting wasted by yourself something must be wrong." She said.

"Okay there is something wrong." He admitted.

The blonde walked over standing at the end of the bench. "You mind if I sit with you?"

Jimmy shrugged. "It's a free country."

She sat down next to him. "My name is Summer by the way."

"Jimmy." He said.

"So Jimmy what's got you all worked up to the point you're getting drunk by yourself?" She asked.

"I'm just bummed by friends aren't with me cause of this fucking curfew." He said taking another swing and offered the bottle to her.

"Well you know cause of the murders the curfew is set for our own protection and good." Summer said taking a drink from the bottle.

"Yeah I know." Jimmy said.

"If you know about the curfew why are you out here?" Summer asked.

"Can't stay still or in my house doing nothing." Jimmy said then grinned. "Why are you out here despite it?"

"Guess I'm the same as you." She said returning the grin. "I can't stay still for long either you could say I'm always active mainly doing things I shouldn't do."

"Things you shouldn't do like what?" Jimmy asked.

"Oh you know the usual drinking, partying, getting into trouble, hooking up with guys I barely know." She said her tone changing from friendly and sweet to surly and seductive.

Jimmy noticed Summer turned her body more to him his breathing changed as he turned to face her.

"What kind of guys do you hook up with?" He asked.

"Anybody really but my favorite kind of guys are tall, black hair, and a body I can climb like a tree." She said.

Jimmy's mouth became dry he didn't know why he felt nervous she was just another teenage girl.

Summer leaned forward Jimmy found himself leaning in it too her lips pressed against his. Jimmy shivered slightly at the coolness of her lips.

She increased the kiss her hands cupping his neck his hands went to her waist pulling her closer. Summer shifted till she was sitting on his lap a leg on both sides of him.

Jimmy dropped the bottle pulling her hair back kissing her neck.

Summer tilted her head back giving him more access her hands running through his hair making it messier. She pulled his head back making him gasp as her lips attacked the column of his throat.

Jimmy moaned softly as she sucked on his Adam's apple most likely leaving a hickey. He closed his eyes a sigh escaping his lips as she began placing soft kisses on his neck again.

Summer smirked feeling him relaxed and vulnerable beneath her pulling her lips back she closed her eyes as her fangs slowly slid down.

She glanced back at his face seeing him still in a dreamy like state she lowered her mouth to his throat...

"Hey!" A voice said.

Jimmy opened his eyes as Summer fell off him screaming in pain.

He went to assist her he stopped and stumbled back seeing her black eyes and fangs.

"Shit!" He said stumbling back.

Summer hissed in anger ripping out the arrow that struck her she turned as a figure appeared.

Jimmy looked as a figure dressed in black that looked like a woman appeared her face covered by shades and a bandanna.

"You." Summer said.

"Me." The figure said shooting her with another arrow.

Summer growled as the poison went through her she made a run at the figure. The figure jumped up kicking Summer in the back making her fall to the ground.

The figure glanced at Jimmy. "Get out of here now!" She yelled.

Jimmy scrambled up running towards the gates turning just in time to see the figure swing an ax taking Summer's head off.

"I said get out of here!" She yelled noticing him still there.

Jimmy ran out the park and to his house thinking about what he just saw.

"So this chick had fangs then this figure came out of nowhere and severed her head off?" Brian asked the next morning at school.

"Yeah." Jimmy said.

Matt snorted. "How drunk were you last night?"

"It's the fucking truth!" Jimmy said. "Y'all should have been there I couldn't believe it."

"I can't believe it either sounds like some shit out a horror film." Johnny said.

"Jimmy what this figure look like?" Valary asked.

"Couldn't really see her well due to her face being concealed." Jimmy said.

"Shit's getting too weird round here there was another murder last night." Zacky said. "Everyone's on edge and paranoid."

"It's even scarier not knowing who or what's doing this." Valary said.

The others nodded in agreement as the bell rang. They walked in together and went to their lockers. Jimmy got his things he was so preoccupied by the events of last night he bumped into someone.

"Sorry...

He stopped seeing Devyn he expected her to snap at him instead she laughed.

"I bumped into you as a joke." Devyn said.

Jimmy blinked. "You bumped into me as a joke?"

Devyn nodded. "Thought you would know I was joking seeing as how you did it to me."

"It made you mad though." Jimmy said.

"I was having a bad day still adjusting to being here I'm sorry I yelled at you." Devyn said with a friendly smile.

Jimmy couldn't believe that the new girl who had been less then friendly was actually talking to him and not in anger either.

"It's okay." He said.

"If you and your friends will accept my apologizes for how I acted I would like to start over." She said.

"I'm okay with it I'm sure the others will be willing to start over too." Jimmy said with a smile. "You can have lunch with us if you want."

"I'd like that." Devyn said with a smile.

Jimmy returned it. "See you in class then?"

"Yeah see you." Devyn said before disappearing into the crowd.

As Jimmy stood there not believing what just happened something struck him.

Devyn sounded a lot like the figure who saved his ass last night in the park.