My Smile's An Open Wound Without You

My Smile's An Open Wound Without You

[c]Maddie’s Point Of View:[/c]

“Hey guys, sorry about earlier.” Patrick smiled warmly at me. “I overreacted a bit.”

Pete muttered something that sounded like ‘understatement of the century.’

“Anyway, I’m sorry and I would like to formally introduce you to my girlfriend, Maddie.”
I waved cautiously at everyone and smiled a crooked smile.

“Welcome to the family.” Joe stated before engulfing me in a very tight hug. I hugged him back, but not as tightly as that would be humanly impossible.
Patrick laughed and patted me on the back. “Poor dear.”
Once Joe had let go of his death grip. Pete put his hand out for me to shake. He wanted to shake my hand? No one had wanted to shake my hand since fifth grade. And even then it was so they could go ‘psyche’ and pull their hand back. An idea bubbled to mind as I reached out to shake his hand. We both pulled back before our hands had made contact and said ‘psyche’ at the same time. We looked at each other before bursting out laughing.
“Dear Lord she’s like a second Pete.” Joe yelled. Patrick laughed at your kiddish humour.

“So Patrick, you’re still coming on tour right?” Andy asked. I winked at him and he smiled back. Our silent apology.

“Of course!” Patrick exclaimed, glancing from me to Andy. “Maddie is our new merch girl.”

“Awesome.”

“Merch girl? Watch it.” I joked.

“What? You are a girl and you sell the merch, ergo merch girl.” Patrick insinuated.

“How about Super Selller? Or Awesome Aid of Selling?” I suggested.

“What about ‘Special’ Stock holder?” Joes asked with a lisp.

“Special needs?” Pete asked, Joe nodded. “Thought so.”

“I think that’s all of the bags.” Patrick said chucking one final duffle bag into the bunk area and punching the air as it skidded and landed under his bunk.

“Everybody ready?” Andy asked looking round at the five of us, to the replies of:

“Yup.”

“Yes.”

“Hell yeah.”

One nod and a,
“COMMENCE THE TOUR OF AWESOMENESS!” From Joe.
Andy signalled to the driver and he started the tour bus in the direction of the highway.

“Woo! Tour has started!” Pete started jumping up and down on the couch like a kid. Everyone was laughing, including me, when Patrick grabbed my arm and turned me around to face him. I don’t know why but a song came into my head from just looking into his eyes. A good song. A song I love. A Fall Out Boy song.

“I’m sleeping my way out of this one,” I started.

“With anyone who will lie down, I’ll be stuck fixated on one star, when the world is crashing down.” Patrick carried on singing while Joe air-guitared and Pete air-bassed. Andy just walked around with his hands in the air shaking his ass.
I stared in awe at Patrick as he sang the lyrics to one of my favourite Fall Out Boy songs ever. Now, I’m not a bad singer but he sure put me to shame.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda of a filler. Will update ASAP. - XO