Nostalgia

1/1

You try to grasp it in your hands before slips away. Your mind recalls all the memories you've had. They spin endlessly in your head.

Summer nights and autumn days, walks to Starbucks during the day and walks to nowhere in the dead of night, car rides with friends, suite meetings and dorm devos, All-nighters just to finish an assignment. insane asylums and sunsets spent with friends.

You want to get the feeling you felt so long ago. You want to take in the scent of days passed, feel the sun on your skin like it felt before, and to watch the same sunset you saw when you were eighteen. But you can't.

You want to run, jump and swing on playground sets. You want to play with the friends you had years ago during your childhood. You long to have sleepovers like when you were young and sing those annoying pop songs. In the blink of an eye, it's all gone.

You want to relive high school. All of it. You want a second chance to maybe get it right this time, because this isn't where you're supposed to be, and life wasn't supposed to turn out this way. It all just happened.

You want it all back, but it can't come back. To rewind and change your life would mean taking away every good thing that has happened to everyone else. You can't be the cause of that so you'll just stop, and wait and bask in nostalgic thoughts.

You'll close your eyes and remember everything.

Time forgets but we remember. We hold all our memories close to use. Even the ones we'd rather forget because they make us who we are.

Nostalgia is usually associated with a happy time, but you would take the bad with the good if it meant getting a second chance.