Status: Don't be a ghost reader!

Fault Line

Eins

"Girls are gorgeous. Being attracted to a girl is normal, I am normal. Men are filthy, piggish creatures." I chorused in my head as my teacher droned on about how straight people have been ridiculed ever since humanity was born.

I've only seen a few straight couples hanging around, but I don't say anything to anyone about it. I've seen multiple news reports of straight couples running away together, the reporter announcing how much of a monstrosity it is. For a long time, men and woman were kidnapped and forced to have sex in order to keep the population going. The thought sends shivers down my spine. But, thankfully, science has come through for us. Implantation of embryos, and even developing sperm from a female's bone marrow.

Science makes me smile.

I stared around my class, my eyes falling on the new brunette. Oh god, she was gorgeous. A delicate little thing, with long, flowing brown hair, bright blue eyes and rosy cheeks. Mascara was lightly coated on her eyelashes, and winged eyeliner adorned her eyelids. She caught my stare and winked, waving flirtatiously. I smiled back and turned away, blushing incredibly. I made a mental note to introduce myself after class.

The teacher pulled down a poster that revealed the body parts of a male. Some girls covered their eyes, while others just stared with revolted faces.

"See? Girls don't belong with men. It's unnatural, a sin. Remember, Adam and Steve, not Adam and Eve." Mrs. Campo's voice turned to sickly venom. I stared at the body, my head turning to the side with curiosity. Guys weren't that bad, maybe even attractive. I've seen some around before, and maybe they were kind of cute...

Shit. No. I can't be thinking like this.

I shook my head to clear it. I like girls. That is the normal, and I am normal. Guys belong with guys, not a feminine creature like me. I can't think like that... but maybe I should? Maybe I should figure out who I really am now. What if... what if I am straight? Oh god, no, my poor reputation! How would I ever find a guy to like me, anyway? But they are kind of.... attractive?

A sharp smack of a ruler caught my attention. "Arianna!" Mrs. Campo barked. "Would you like to explain to the class why you are staring at this hideous poster like that?"

Girls gasped from all directions and turned to me. The tiny brunette narrowed her eyes at me suspiciously. I shook my head, inwardly kicking myself.

"I apologize Mrs. Campo, I didn't mean to seem straight. I was just looking at how disgusting the male body is, trust me. Girls are beautiful." I gave her a trustworthy smile, and she seemed pleased with my answer.

But was I?
♠ ♠ ♠
first story on here, yay

please give feedback, thank you all!