Daydreamer

Look to the Sky

“Tyler?”
“Hm?”

“Where does your mind go when you zone out. Like, what do you see?”

We were lying on Michael’s bed, staring up at the ceiling with our bodies close and our legs tangled together.
I found his hand and intertwined our fingers.

“I’m always in the sky. Depending on the time of day, I’ll either be surrounded by clouds, the warm rays from the setting sun, or by the stars.”
“Any reason?”

I took a second to think about it.

“I honestly don’t know. I think I just like to be away from the Earth, away from my problems…”

I bit down on my lip and gently squeezed his hand.

Michael forgave me. I shouldn’t have to worry about anything, right?

“Come on.”
He stood up from the bed, tugging me up with him and out the room.

Soon we were outside, the stars and the full moon above us.
Michael fell back onto the grass and patted the spot next to him.

I lie down next to him, instantly scooting close to him.

“Why are we out here?”

He pointed up at the sky.

“You don’t have to daydream about the sky, Tyler. It’s always out here.”

He’s right.

I stared up at the stars, attempting to trace out any constellations I could find.

“Tyler, whenever life gets rough and you want to escape and I’m not there to talk, I want you to just go outside and look to the sky. Take in your surroundings. Don’t detach yourself from reality. I want you to do that, okay?”

“When you’re not there for me?”
“Life happens, Tyler. Sadly, I feel that I won’t be there for you all of the time. Just promise me that you’ll do it, okay?”

I moved myself so that I was lying on top of him and pressed a kiss to his lips.

“I promise.”

He smiled.

“Good. Now let’s see if we can find the Big Dipper.”
“That’s so cliché! Let’s see…how about a challenge to see who can find Ursa Major first.”
“You’re on!”

I don’t need to daydream. I don’t need to use the sky.

As of now, everything is fine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter, I know, lovelies!
But writer's block just ruins everything! DX (On the bright side: school is over! So more time to kick writer's block to the curb and work on this story more!)
shakecrumbell, Josh Cutlip., GreenZombieIce, bonesexposed, MeowI'mCat, Crown The Secrets <3
'Til the next chapter! <3