Status: hiatus.

Iridescent

four

Zoella sat in her last period class, European History, as she listened to her teacher drone on about the Seven Year's War. Zoella usually wasn't one to doze off in class, but History was never best class. She never learned anything, or at least anything that would be of use to her. And she liked to learn things, not to sit around and listen to endless lectures about old guys who fought over land that wasn’t theirs in the first place, as she took notes she didn’t even need.
She sighed softly and glanced up at Alex and Rian, who were sitting in the row of desk right in front of her. Even though they were trying to maintain a whisper, she could hear their entire conversation.
“So, how’s it going with you and Allison?” Rian whispered, or at least he thought he did, to Alex, who looked up quickly at him, as if he were being snapped out of a trance.
“Oh, Alli? Uh, good, I guess. She’s alright.” Alex replied softly, then went back to messing with his fingernails. Alex was always talking to some girl, and he always get into said girl’s pants, then he’d move on to the next one. Some took it hard, some accepted his game plan and went with it, but everyone knew that’s what he did.
“Are you two…?” Rian questioned suggestively, his eyebrows raised, as he rocked backward in his chair.
“Like a thing? No, god no.” Alex laughed out, rolling his eyes, and pushing a piece of his fringe out of his face. “And we haven’t done anything yet either. She wants to ‘wait’, even though over half the county knows she lost it in like 8th grade. Honestly, I’m gonna call it off soon, because she’s a bitch. And not because she doesn’t wanna sleep with me, she’s really a bitch.” He added firmly, his laugh fading back to a serious glare as he nipped at a hangnail. Even though Alex was being a total pig, he had a point. Allison Kampovsky was probably the biggest bitch at Dulaney High School. Surprisingly, she and Zoella were best friends, before she stopped talking of course. But ever since she went silent, Allison turned into her number one enemy. She bullied her endlessly, until last year. She walked up to her, and simply said, “You know what, Zoella? You’re not worth the air I breathe. You’re just a pathetic little brat who shut her trap because mommy and daddy didn’t get her what she wanted. You can keep up your little charade of silent pain, but I’m not buying it. Never did. But you’re not worth my time anymore, so this is goodbye, sweetheart.” And walked away like Zoella never existed. While the things Allison said made Zoella so angry, because she didn’t know anything about her, she was relieved that Allison was done with her. Her negative vibes were getting to Zoella, but its not like she would’ve told her that herself.
“I thought you said she was alright?” Rian chuckled lightly, smiling at his friend. Alex didn’t even look up, but he shrugged, and darted his eyes quickly to Rian.
“Mr. Dawson and Mr. Gaskarth, does your conversation pertain to this class? Would you like to share?” The teacher, Mr. Wesson, spoke up sharply, which made the entire class look to Alex and Rian.
“No, sir. Sorry. It won’t happen again.” Rian said quickly, looking down to the floor. Mr. Wesson glared toward Alex, who was still mindlessly picking at his fingernails as if he didn’t just get called out in front of the entire class. But he was Alex Gaskarth, meaning he could care less.
“Excuse me, Mr. Gaskarth?” Mr. Wesson said firmly as he cleared his throat, and Alex finally glanced up at him.
“No, sir, our conversation had nothing to do with this useless lecture on The Seven Year’s War. Maybe if your lectures weren’t so vapid, we wouldn’t find time to talk. So, I can’t promise you this won’t happen again, but I can say that it won’t happen again in this class period. Because I don’t plan on hearing your monotonous voice any more than I need to today.” Alex replied just as firm, a smirk sitting smugly on his lips. Alex was always such a smart ass. The entire class either laughed, made ‘oooo’ noises, or tried to contain their laughs by letting out muffled noises. Mr. Wesson sighed and rolled his eyes.
“Alexander Gaskarth, even though your vocabulary is quite superb, I’m going to have to ask you to please leave my classroom. And take your belongings with you.” He turned back to the board.
“Thank God, I was dying to get out of this class. See ya Mr. Wesson!” Alex chimed as he walked toward the door. He put his hand on the knob, and looked back to the front of the room.
“Oh, and the name’s Alex, don’t wear it out.” He said with a wink, causing everyone to laugh once again. Before Mr. Wesson could say anything else, Alex slipped out of the room.
The rest of class felt like hours, when in reality it was about only 20 minutes. When the bell rang, everyone flew out of the room before Mr. Wesson could finish his last point on the his lecture. Zoella sat patiently and waited, not for him to finish, but for everyone else to leave. She did this everyday, so she wouldn’t be caught in useless pushing and shoving. She was in no rush to get home anyway, it was no better than being at school.
When the classroom was finally cleared out, Zoella got up and began to walk out the door. She waved to Mr. Wesson, who waved back, and she left. She weaved her way through people, and she finally made it to her corner top locker of isolation. She grabbed the little bit of possessions she had, and made her way to front doors of the school. Of course on her way there, she walked by Allison’s locker, which Alex stood by with a smirk on his face yet again.
“C’mon baby, lets go to my house. My parents aren’t gonna be home tonight, they’re still in Washington with my great aunt.” Alex said huskily, leaning into Allison, who laughed as heat crept up in her cheeks.
“I don’t know Lex, I’ve got a lot of homework to do…” She trailed off, shutting her locker.
“Since when do you do homework? And since when do teachers give homework on the first day back from break?” Alex questioned, his smirk fading into a smile.
“Well, you know that project for Government and Economics?” She asked, batting her eyelashes which were clumped in black mascara.
“I took that in 10th grade, and I had a totally different teacher. I’m in European History.” Alex said blankly, as he pulled his phone out of his pocket to check the time.
“Excuse me, Mr. Hotshot.” Allison replied sardonically with a smile, then she glanced away with an eyeroll.
“So, are you coming or not?” Alex questioned, with an obvious irritation behind his voice.
“I just, I’m not so sure.” She said quietly, pushing a piece of her platinum blonde hair behind her ear. Alex groaned and rolled his eyes, as he pressed himself backward against the wall. Zoella appeared into Allison’s view, and she smirked evilly at her. Right then, she grabbed Alex by the neck, and pulled him into her, and kissed him aggressively. Alex kissed her back with no hesitation, as his fingertips pressed into her hips. Zoella rolled her eyes in disgust, and walked off quickly. Alex opened his eyes after he and Allison parted, and saw Zoella walk away. She turned around slightly, and they made eye contact for a hot second, but she turned forward quickly and skipped away.
♠ ♠ ♠
woop i'm sorry i haven't updated in a while but some things happened!!
i'm back now tho B)
this chapter was basically more character development for alex, you know the part where he hooks up with girls and what not.
honestly, i didn't intend to write this, but i like it!
the next chapter will be about zoella though, so wait for that...
well thanks for reading!!
tell me what you think?? :))
oh, and here's allison! (http://g.api.no/obscura/API/image/r1/escenic/978x1200r/1294139263/archive/03588/1294124126000_emil_3588337a.jpg)
i'm thinking of putting her in the story as a recurring character, but i'm not so sure yet...