State of This World

One Year After Departure.

“Is this thing on? Testing. Testing.”

“Oh, you left the lens on! Let me-”

Zzzzzzzzttttt.

“Hello, I'm David.”

“And I'm-” the girl dramatically stopped and looked to the left.

“What are you doing?”

“Building suspense...” her head whipped back towards the camera, “Bess. See didn't that sound better than 'hur hur, oh, hey, I'm David. I like standing in front of the camera all serious like.'”

“Now, is that really how I sound?”

“Yes. Come onnn David, this is supposed to be our last video before you go home. At least make it interesting!”

“Okay! Okay! Fine-”

Zzzzzzzzttttt.

The two stand facing the opposite direction of the camera with their hands on their hips. They stared out to a beautiful view of tree tops and land. Only an old stone wall separated the two from falling.

“I'm-” whips his head back to the camera, “David Ignacious Jamieson the Third.”

“I'm... uh...”

David stood there with a cheeky smile and stared at the girl who was choking on her words.

“Bess!”

“I'm sorry! Your stupid long name messed me up! Gosh!”

Zzzzzzzzttttt.

“Hello, I'm David.”

“And I'm Bess.”

“One year ago today I began the dangerous journey to trek upon this world that we hid ourselves so long from. It was unknown at the time just what to expect. From wars and hardships that happened over a hundred years ago, the lasting effects it had on our world were completely unknown. It was unknown if there was a world left to explore.
“The Board: Professor Tom Calvin, James Cornett, Dixi Sherman, and David Jamieson the Second, sent me and several others on this journey across the world. We were sent to see if this world was ready for our intelligence that we had kept hidden and safe from the world lost before. I had only ran into Valery Cornett one time during this journey, and by now, you all should know about Jai Ford. I only regret that we never did find who was responsible for what had happened...”

The young man paused, biting his lip trying to keep his emotions from showing.

“I have no word on where the others are in this world or their status. My hope is that they're alive and will be coming home as I am too.”

Bess smiled, rubbing lightly David's back and looked to the camera.

“David ran into me about a month after his journey's start in Egypt.”

“I think I recall you running into me and stealing my wallet.”

“Hey, now! That's the old Bess! New, Bess is awesome and saved your butt on more than one occasion.”

David gave a laugh and rolled his eyes.

“This ball of freckles and wit became my guide through the world.”

“Don't get me wrong, I didn't know everything about some of the people we ran into, but it helped to get into some more secure cities when you sport their paperwork.”

“Included with the disc will be every written account I made from the past year. Every single tribe and groups of people will be listed and you, The Board, will make the decision in the end if our knowledge from the past is worthy to be shown to this world.”

“Which, I personally believe that to be so because, come on, you can't hide something so amazing like iPhones forever!”

“So microchips planted in your teeth and skin don't work for you?”

“Excuuuse me for being a girl and wanting a fun accessory to lug around.”

She looked as serious as she could for a moment then gave her signature smile and laughed. David joined in and they sat down on the stone wall behind them. They were still for a moment. David then finally moved towards the camera getting ready to turn it off.

“So... is that all we have to do?”

“Yeah. I'll edit it all together when I get back.”

“There you go with those funny words again. Man this world before must have been something.”

“I guess you could say that.”

“I can't wait to see it. It doesn't matter what they say. I'm going to see it.”

David stopped trying to remove the camera from the stand and his look changed.

“Yeah... I hope you can too...”

Zzzzzzzzttttt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Prologue time!

This was hard to write. Obviously they're on camera and I wanted to show that. The rest of course will not be like this.

Hope this sounded alright! Inspired by all the dystopian movies out there. I just couldn't help but think "Hum... what if there was some characters that hopped from different collonies of the world after a huge war." This is what came out.