Status: Slow updates.

Leave Yourself Behind

Chapter 01

I stand before my father as he kneels next to me handing me his trusted sword. His eyes are fearful and stain with regret. He failed to bring my sister home. I do not cry, I must not show my weakness. Especially not in front of my already weaken father. Tonight was most certainly his final night. He would die without seeing my sister alive once more.

"Elyria, I place my up most trust in you. I have trained you in my image and give to you the most courageous task I can. I have always been proud of you. Avenge me and take back your sisters. Be the one to end King Joffrey. I believe in you my strong daughter." He kisses my forehead before riding off into the night.

I was only 16 and yet my father was placing the life of my sister in my hands. If Joffrey were to figure out I was planning to recapture my sister and avenge my father's life, he might just kill her. I had a plan already, though it wasn't bulletproof.

---
The trees conceal around me as the castle comes into my view. From the distance I can see his guards making me cringe. Up on horizon I can see heads, one most likely belonging to my father. I growl quietly before moving out towards the far end. I can see through certain windows, others I can see nothing.

I back away in silence heading back to the village. Tomorrow I would await his return to town and plan for my attack on him.

The night goes by fast though I do not notice. My mind is lost as I perch in the trees. My armor would scratch, though I could careless. My father's sword remains in my lap. I would not let anyone harm such a treasure to me now. It is still bright and I can see my reflection in it. The stars surround around me casting a background to my face.

I have much matured since my last look in a mirror. My once child like face has turned to that of a warrior. My green eyes have turned to a rich emerald color. My hair has grown longer falling to my right shoulder. It's fallen from it's hold but I could careless.

Slowly I feel my body begin to shut down in exhaustion. I slide the sword back into it's place before falling asleep in a tree.

--
When I wake up the next morning I'm laying on the ground surrounding by people. One of them makes me jump in shock. I want to glare at him and withdrawl my father's sword. Joffrey Baratheon stands before me with a curious look to his blue eyes.

"Where did you obtain this sword?"
I turn to see a man beside him. A long scar stretches across his cheek and shaggy hair covers his forehead.
"I took it from a fallen comrade. I stumbled upon it weaponless." I respond standing to my feet.
"Why were you sleeping in a tree?" Joffrey questions taking a step closer to me running his fingertips across my hair.
"I was hiding. I am wanted for having obtained this word. Arya Stark," I cringe inside but continue on as normal. "She wanted this sword." I respond.

King Joffrey looks at me with a look that can only be classified as disgust. I watch as he climbs back onto his horse as does the man with the scar. He looks at me as if he was in thought. He scoffs turning his face away from me before withdrawing a sword and extending it towards me.

"You are furthermore my property. I have yet to discover your origin." He snarls. I look up at him. This was going far to easy for me. I pick up my sword but Joffrey holds his hand out.
"What?" I respond withdrawing my hand.
"You can't honestly expect me to let you keep that?" He asks. I hand it to the man next to him while keeping our eyes locked together. He squints at me before hauling me in front of him. Usually the female would ride around the back.
"I want you in my sight at all times."

I ignore him as we begin to move through the city. I could understand his concern. I wasn't anything anyone knew. The only person who knew my true origin was my father and myself. That's one living person. Even Sansa knew very little. All she thought was I was a friend willing to help her escape. Arya and I had never been close sisters or good friends. Though we were the most alike we did not get along well. She wouldn't remember me. No one would, I looked to different.

As we arrive at the castle I have to stop and think. This happened way to easily. I'd heard about Joffrey's bloodlustish ways. He was the be betrothed, I surely wasn't about to become another sick fantasy was I?
♠ ♠ ♠
To avoid spoilers for those who haven't seen the series, The story is going to be following it's own story. The only things the same in the story is Eddard's death and the very ending of the story. I have let to see Season Four so the stories ending will most likely have something to do with it. xoxo