Status: Slow updates.

Leave Yourself Behind

Chapter 02 ; The Storm

*Please, read as it has been lengthened*

That night I do not sleep. Despite being cleared by the two men and being allowed to sleep in a nice comfortable bed, I'm not used to being treated so nicely. King's Landing was a nice place without a doubt, though right now all I was wishing for was my family. I needed to be strong and couldn't show my obvious fear to King Joffrey.

The storm outside rages on. I imagine myself in bed at my true home along side Sansa as we brave the storm. We'd talk about our many adventures before Joffrey came along. She'd be happy and smiling. Eventually our father would return. Though he'd pretend to be mad, Sansa and I would make him smile. He'd smile real bright before hugging the both us and admiring us as brave young girls.

Now I was left to fight for myself in the storm. I roll onto my side looking out into the distance. All I can see is grass. I hated it, I wanted out. I get out of bed and look at the window. My fingers touch the glass feeling the cold seep through the glass. I can see the wind move the taller cuts of grass. When the wind would become to fierce our father would tell us to pray so the house would not blow over. It never did. Maybe it was just a fib to get Sansa and I to pray more. Arya never did to much with the rest of us. Sometimes I'd gotten in my mind that Eddard loved her the very most because she was different from Sansa and I.

The wind echoes through the nearly empty room. For a moment I do not hear the door opening, but when I do I turn to the sound. Joffrey is standing in the doorway with his usual ruthless smirk.

"Do you understand why I want you under my control at all times?" He asks sauntering over to me with his arms crossed.
"Yes, I do." I say sitting down on the bed.
"You're such a glorious mystery. My mother advised me to be cautious around you. You're very dangerous," He stands in front of me know, gradually leaning down in front of my face. Without thinking I reach out and slap him. He whimpers lightly before pushing my body down completely. My heart takes off as he inches closer to me. No one would stop for me. They would keep going on because he's the King. His fingertips ghost across my figure before tearing them away all together.

"I'll figure out who you are. Mark my words." He says. "What is your name?" He begins to move towards the door. "Elyria."

---
Joffrey returns to his chambers laying back on the bed. His mind was a blaze as he begin to think of Elyria. He knew nothing of her and it had begun to bother him. There was no record of her what so ever. No family records or even sightings of her most recently. It seems she's just come out of no where. Though that would be impossible. She must belong to one of others. A thought struck him.

Perhaps she was a bastard child just like him. No one wanted to claim bastard children, therefore it was no wonder no one wanted to claim ownership of her. He made a goal right then. He would bring her to town the next morning. If no one claimed her when he threatened to strip her down and beat her, then he would claim her as his own. She had to belong to someone, one of them. It was impossible for anyone to want to watch their own daughter be stripped and beaten.

"Your grace?" Joffrey turns to Sansa as she stands in the doorway.
"What?" He snaps at her.
"The girl, you aren't planning on doing anything vicious to her correct?" Sansa asks.

Joffrey sits up know amused. Sansa had only seen the girl yet she was all ready asking for her not to do anything vicious to her? Why would she have pity for someone she has only seen? The two must have known each other in someway. If not in family relation?

"Go, get Sandor for me. I have a task for him." Joffrey shoos her away before awaiting the arrival of Sandor. Moments later he steps in bowing to Joffrey.
"I want to know where Elyria came from. Ask all the people and kill those who refuse to answer. I believe she may have known Sansa in some way. I want to know how the two know each other. If her parents are living bring them back here to meet me. Tomorrow I will reveal her to the town. If no one claims her then, she will be my property. Is that clear?" He asks sitting up looking at his bodyguard.
"Yes your grace."

---
The next morning when I wake it is because Joffrey's personal bodyguard is halling me to my feet. He removes me from the bedroom dragging me out into the open. I see everyone, including my own sister Sansa. Joffrey smiles sadistically at me before shoving to my knees in front of everyone.

People's eyes look over me before back to Joffrey. I can hear the sound of his sword being removed from it's place. It's cool metal runs along my body, across my shoulder blades, collarbone, and my stomach.

"One of you must have birthed this girl. Perhaps from a despicable relationship not joined by marriage. A bastard child if you may." Joffrey begins.
"You won't want to watch your child be stripped down and beaten in front of everyone. Step forward now."

He planned this. In a way, his plan was bulletproof. If I didn't want to be stripped down in front of everyone I would have to come forth with that either my parents were dead or that I was the daughter of Eddard. The bastard daughter that is.

He was smarter then presumed. I'd heard that he was a royal idiot. A vicious idiot. This couldn't have been his idea had it been?

"No one?"
"Wait!" I shout as he removes one of the straps of my dress, allowing it to almost show my body to the people.
"Yes?" He asks.
"I'm an orphan. I don't know who my parents are." I shout thrashing in his hold.

It was a perfect plan. That meant relatives were out of the question. I wouldn't know any of my family. As far as Joffrey was concerned I was but a orphan to him. He drags me back in before yelling at his mother to prepare me for a feast that was going to happen tonight.